*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:11:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Ghost Recon Update 1.0.2 Beta
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon Update 1.0.2 Beta  (Read 3733 times)
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« on: March 09, 2003, 01:15:42 am »

A few ppl ive spoken to cant get this to update their copy of Ghr. It seems to be ppl with OS9 like myself.
What happens is GR doesnt recognise that GhR has been updated and keeps telling u that u need 2 update even though uve already done it.
I trashed and inatalled GhR 3 times today, driving me mad it is!
I found also that GR wont recognise that I have the game installed on my computer which is weird, chatting 2 Rapid he has found the same thing. Zippo figured a way to fix this u have to go into the new folder called GhR 1.0.2b and in there is Contents>Mac OS open this and already having moved the original GhR app to ur desktop, move the updated app to the main GhR folder.
GameRanger should now recognise you. But it will still tell u 2 fuck off when u try 2 play!
So any way u can do this if u wanna waste some of ur life!
Srry 4 the long post, im lonely.............
hehe
C o k e
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 01:36:15 am »

lol,  I hear ya. I am using X and am not too thrilled about this patch.  If ya can get it to work stability is much better.  But I had a problem with installing it on Jaguar, and I literally had to make another installation in another folder to install the patch.  it said that it was either already installed or that it wouldnt install on this copy of ghr.  But in OS X it seeemed to do the trick by reinstalling both patches onto a fresh copy of ghr.  There might be another thing as well that might hang it up.  Try to take the mods out of the mods folder and retry the update.  Sometimes that works for some reason.  
     I must say though playing it in the other games like cb's at first it didnt work too well.  We had to restart the cb like 3 times because people were getting booted.  Although today it worked much better for some reason in out cb.  so I am not sure yet about this patch, but I can say it has improved the online access, so far that is.  we shall see. =)
                                 +MOD+ Saberian.CBL

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 03:10:17 am »

You could have saved much time if you would have visited out Articles section:

How to patch Ghost Recon(online since 31th january)

Good night,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 06:44:03 am »

Well, I'm happy with the updates, except for one thing.  My command window is stretched way out of proportion.  Anyone have any idea why??

< insert clever and original signature here >
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2003, 11:33:07 am »

well, i didn't have any problems patching it (no fresh GhR, OS X). And it runs like a charm - evern dedicated serving with gamerAnger is now possible Smiley

*DAMN Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2003, 02:18:05 pm »

Cheers Mauti,

I notice that post is from january, is it talking specifically about 1.0.2b or is it something that often happens with updaters?

I'll try it anyway.

C o k e
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2003, 02:57:40 pm »

I only experienced this problems with Ghost Recon updaters so the tutorial is about GR patches in general.

Bye and good luck,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2003, 05:04:17 pm »

Did what you suggested mauti, the app loaded and i updated it and GameRanger recognised I got the game, BUT still not able to join games. OMG almost enough to make u buy a PeeCee. Well mb

C o k e            
PsYcO sNiPeR

Oh! How wonderful!

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 03:27:37 am »

I've had no problem patching GhR to 1.0.2b and I use OS9. All I had to do is rechoose the application in the prefs...The only thing that I don't really like is the fact that the time it takes me to load the application seems to be a lot longer in comparison to the 1.0 version...(And "a lot" means about a minute or so longer)

Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02

PsYcO relived, visit to see some old PsYcO stuff:
http://www.hostultra.com/~psycosite/
Socrates
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2003, 03:28:54 am »

having the same problem as Coke.

I'm in OS9, and of course had to reinstall ghr in order to update.

I've now installed fresh 3 times. Ran both updates.

gameranger refuses to see ghr at all. Doesn't seem to matter where i put it. an't join games, of course. Guess i might as well trash gameranger too the next time, and find a new hobby. I've heard great things about crack.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2003, 11:23:19 am »

Just select it in the GameRanger prefs. I think that is only a problem as long it is beta. Furthers I don't have any troubles to join other GR servers.

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Socrates
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 04:19:44 pm »

..heh heh.

problem is, when i open my gameranger prefs and browse for my ghr application, it isn't there.

when i update to 1.0.2b, i get a new folder in my ghr folder, inventively named "Ghost Recon 1.0.2b1"

inside that folder is another folder called "Contents", and an alias named "Ghost Recon"

inside "Contents" are two files and two folders, one named "MacOS"

in the "MacOS" folder is the new Ghost Recon appl, a readme, a winsock lib file, and another folder named "Ghost Recon 1.0.2b1" which is a complete copy of the one we're already inside of.

gameranger does not recognize any of my ghost recon apps, or their aliases.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2003, 04:32:35 pm »

Hmmm here it recognizes the app package. Well don't forget it is a public beta to find bugs so inform Aspyr about your experiences.

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Socrates
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2003, 04:36:11 pm »

btw-

does anyone else appreciate the irony of making a beta update required?

i mean, it's called beta because it's being tested out, right?

they ain't quite sure all the bugs are worked out.

yet it's the only version his holiness has deemed acceptable for gaming?
blzbub14

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2003, 05:36:11 pm »

Not surprising really when you consider that the main 'fix' for this beta is Gameranger support!

I have had the same patch problems with 1.01 and 1.02b (OS9 at work OSX at home). In both instances the problem was solved by removing mods and installing fresh copies.

"I'm no noob, I jus sux!"
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2003, 10:46:35 pm »

I ran into all the problems Coke and others mentioned.  I was able to get GR to recognize my GhR.  The way I did this, was to replace the GhR  app on the main folder, with the GhR app in the new contents folder.  It seems as if that copy of GhR on the contents folder, is the one that's updated.  Therefore, that's the one GR will recognize.  To have it recognize, I had to remove the original GhR copy of my original GhR folder, and then add the new updated copy of GhR from the contents folder, and place it in the original GhR folder.  Then I went into GR, and browsed to the original folder, choose the new version of GhR you just placed there, and bingo, GR recognizes it now.  Quite a fucking pain in the ass.  Especially when there's NO instructions that this has to be done Shocked

Now that I got GR to recognize GhR, I tried to go play, and nothing.  It won't let me join MultiPlayer games on GR. Sad   Then I tried to go IP join a game, and the MultiPlayer button on my GhR copy, does not even work.  I hit it, and nothing happens.   I don't know what this update was supposed to do, but it did everything wrong for me...  And others from what I'm seeing here...

If anybody fixes the joining MultiPlayer games, from OS9, from GR or IP joining, pls post how you fixed it. Huh
Socrates
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2003, 03:48:19 am »

At least i'm not crazy. someone else with exactly the same problems.

Rapid's method is fine if you want gameranger to see your updated ghostrecon appl. The problem with that fix is that when you move the 1.0.2b ghr app, it loses track of where the mpl mod is located, so it won't join gameranger games, and you can't even ip join.

My method is to say 'screw you' to gameranger. They took a buggy beta version of the game and made it a required upgrade, before figuring out if people could use it or not. Fine.

If you run the updated ghr appl from it's original location, inside the contents folder, you can ip join just fine. And you'll be running the updated version, so there are fewer crashes.

I sent emails to aspyr and gameranger, and haven't heard a peep. I had half a dozen people helping me on gameranger today, to no avail.

From now on i use gameranger to get ip addresses. period.

BTW- thanks to everyone here for helping as well. Why is it that you only get help from nice people with nothing at stake, and get diddly-squat from the service providers?
PsYcO sNiPeR

Oh! How wonderful!

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2003, 02:50:26 am »

Hmmm...I feel like I'm the only person here in which the 1.0.2b update caused no problems. This kind of confuses me because I have a relativly shitty computer (400 Mhz iMac SE DV+) and I also use OS 9.2.2 (which I'm assuming most of you peeps who are having this problem have). So I guess I'm here to say that the crappy update isn't crappy to everyone (though I'm not exactly thrilled with the update either).

Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02

PsYcO relived, visit to see some old PsYcO stuff:
http://www.hostultra.com/~psycosite/
Socrates
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2003, 03:37:12 pm »

Don't get me wrong. Let me clarify the crap from the non-crap.

Non-Crap:

the update itself. sure, it's not perfect. but it's the beta version, right? it's not supposed to be perfect. it plays great, seems to be much more stable, does all that it promises. only problem is its compatibility with gameranger under some older operating systems.

Crap:

making a beta version of a game the ONLY one we can play on gameranger. I see the sense of encouraging it to test it sufficiently, since the update was produced with gameranger in mind, to say the least. My beef with it is that they did not have to make it mandatory to get sufficient test data. Most people on gameranger will update right away anyway, especially when it makes the gameranger games more stable. making it mandatory might have been a mistake, but I can see how it was made. My beef with the whole thing is continuing to require it when you know there are problems, and not responding in any way to flood of questions to both gameranger and aspyr.

Also non-crap:

this forum, and the people who take the time to try and help. very very non-crap.
[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2003, 06:51:15 pm »

i agree w/ psycho (i also run os 9.2/ 466mhz/g4) in that i dont have any problems w/ the new patch. the only thing i have somewhat of an issue is when i want to join a game in GR it will say i dont have the game so i have to scan for it thenlocate the new 1.02 patch version, not the original GHR version, cause both will be listed in my menu, then just double click it and then i can join games.
also the other thing i noticed it fixed was that my GHR application icon wasn't the typical logo i'm sure the rest of you see. it was a pad of paper and a hand w/ pencil. now at least i have the real icon to launch the application.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads