*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:28:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR cheat tests in the upcoming season.  (Read 17162 times)
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 08:04:58 pm »

I guess you can't change the reticles to benifit the user because it doesn't show exactly where your going to hit the person - it's more random than that.

But command maps - I've seen screenshots of see-through command maps which is most definitly cheating because you can have them up and run and have the abliity to see clearly with the map still up - even though your reticle will dissapear.

cO.Vickedson

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2005, 08:12:39 pm »

I've heard about transparent command maps as well.  This is also something that any clan who is using them should get rid of ASAP before someone finds out.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
gsr

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 09:10:18 pm »

Great thread, great responses and some thoughtful opinions. It would be great if we all lived by the honor system, but... here's my 2 cents worth.

Is any modification of the original game a form of cheating?  If so, does this mean that command map grids are not allowed?  Removal of sound files a cheat?  Transparent command maps?  Reticule changes?  Skins? Enemies on the map all the time?  It gets to be a big list.

How many of these things will show up on a screen shot?  The reticule and skins will, don't think the others will.

To enforce anti-cheating it seems to me that we need some form of PunkBuster.  Is this possible?

Hunter

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2005, 09:17:56 pm »

I think taking out sound files is cheating,
The maps should be played as is....that includes the sounds of rain.

I like the idea of a SS cheat test before the cb.
As long as no one leaves, it should work fine.

Po will gladly participate in anything we can do to keep GHR clean and fun.

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2005, 09:30:43 pm »

Punkbuster is a definite no go, unfortunately.

about the other stuff... what is not cheating in my opinion (because it doesnt give an unfair benefit that can decide a game): edited command map graphics, removal of sound files and edited reticule graphic. what IS cheating in my opinion and ca decide games: any edit of skin files and maptextures. heavy stuff like retlock etc (as in RvS and the Unreal Engine) is as far as i know not possible with the GhR engine.

about what you can see on cheattest SS's...: edited skins, edited maptextures (this is how it's possible to see enemies on the map, NOT all the time though and only possible on very few and small maps, it destroys the game for the user, makes it almost unplayable), fog visibility and FSNV.

so as stated, the only thing we really need to do is start using cheattests again, with a few additions on what has to be in it (like fog, maptextures, the opponent's soldiers and fsnv).

I think taking out sound files is cheating,
The maps should be played as is....that includes the sounds of rain.

it's a very easy thing to do and impossible to check. i don't regard that as cheating because it cant decide a game and/or give clear unfair benefit to the user. it's just a simple cosmetic thing.[/color]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:33:28 pm by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2005, 09:36:48 pm »

with a few additions on what has to be in it (like fog, maptextures, the opponent's soldiers and fsnv).

as well as walls and trees are always good to have

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2005, 09:37:25 pm »

it's a very easy thing to do and impossible to check. i don't regard that as cheating because it cant decide a game and/or give clear unfair benefit to the user. it's just a simple cosmetic thing.

Completely disagree.  Editing sounds in any form, although not a "serious" offense, should not be allowed.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Civrock

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2005, 09:50:42 pm »

with a few additions on what has to be in it (like fog, maptextures, the opponent's soldiers and fsnv).

as well as walls and trees are always good to have

that's included in maptextures. Wink

Completely disagree.  Editing sounds in any form, although not a "serious" offense, should not be allowed.

besides that it's not checkable at all, it's less benefit than a good command map or reticule.[/color]

Dark uk

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2005, 09:53:24 pm »

Well I remember wile cbing there would almost always be a point where somone leaves for a second. So what happens then? do you restart the test for that person?
Civrock

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2005, 09:55:11 pm »

i guess you have to do that to really make sure in such a case. Undecided

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2005, 10:16:20 pm »

The sound thing is a complex issue.

There is no way to test it - but you can make it so you have an extreme advantage.

It can be changed so that footsteps can be heard from further away than they should be - which is benificial in close quarter maps, sometimes you can hear where an enemy spawns right off the bat.

Civrock

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2005, 10:26:47 pm »

well, that's different than just the removal of annoying sounds... hmm. i cant think of how this would really work tho, there are no fitting sounds that could exchange footsteps without being terribly annoying throughout the game.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2005, 11:34:54 pm »

removing sounds is a different thing than increasing sounds

{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2005, 11:38:34 pm »

well one other thing, have you all forgotten that you can also cheat by a pc? these hacks are turned on and off at the click of a button, as for weaks comments on the switching out of the folders, i think it should be a rule if someone leaves the room and comes back then they have to resubmit ss each time they leave and rejoin, make this mandatory! at least this will help catch some of the "kids" and punks on here.ill go ahead and say this now, ive been talking about this cheat stuff sence last season, and have thought about even pulling my clan out of this season because of it, i mean who wants to play a bunch of dam cheaters??? also as for all you other peeps running NF i think that should be stopped as well , we all know the only reason that it is ran is to lagg your ass for kills i mean cant we play a straight up game here?, if not before to long there wont be any clans left in bl because no one wants to play a cheater/ lagg app runner. nuff said...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 11:48:20 pm by {E} 357mag » Logged
Civrock

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2005, 11:44:27 pm »

as posted before about the joining with a PC tho... you 1. need a PC, 2. need to know how and 3. it's a complicated pain in the ass to do as far as ghost.fr explained it to me. i don't think we really need to worry about that, because GR is blocking this in several ways for GhR.

about the folder switching... yes, of course. to really make sure you'd have to repeat the cheattest after everytime somebody leaves and/or joins. same if somebody gets subbed. Undecided
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 11:46:28 pm by Civic » Logged

cO.twist

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2005, 11:48:18 pm »

i know people that play counter-strike competitively, and before every match it is required to do a ss test before every match.  I'd be happy if the dbl started requireing this as well.  If we got in the habit of doing this, it won't be a big deal.

And yes i agree, if someone leaves and comes back, make them do another cheat test/ss.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2005, 11:52:47 pm »

I don't think it should be required... give the people a choice, if they hold trust in one clan over another allow them to just play. Though I would recommend a cheat test every match it should be required. It's in the clan's best interest to do a cheat test before or during every match.

{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2005, 11:55:28 pm »

rgr that civic it is a pain in the ass, but not everyone has a pc so this will make it alot tuffer and will allow more to be caught or refrain from cheating altogether dont ya think ? the more of a pain in the ass it is too do the less peeps will do it , i think everything as far as lagg apps , ichat,NF, ANTHING THAT MAKES YOU HAVE ANY LAGG! should be turned off , cause we all know there doing it ..... as far as that goes i think classify that as cheating as well ..
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2005, 12:05:24 am »

You can't force anybody to turn nf or iChat off and you'll never know even if they didn't... I prefer nf over permium chat because I don't enjoy pressing a button to talk everytime... plus I don't notice it causing any lag in cbs. or public games for that matter.

[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2005, 12:07:37 am »

Personally I am for a cheat test every match.  I also think that the cheat test should be improved a bit.  And as a last recommendation I think that the DBL admins should have the power to administrate a cheat test to any member of any active clan anytime they want...  Including out of CB games.  

This will probably get alot of heat but it is just my opinion.

- KITKAT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads