*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:08:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Problems with games
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Problems with games  (Read 1318 times)
iGnome

Yea .... I wish I had fucked him.

« on: September 29, 2003, 05:37:59 am »

When I open RS the monitor makes a snaping noise (changing to a diff screen size) which turn the screen black I can hear the sounds of the game but no visual I have tried everything Reinstalling,deleting preffs,wipping HD,vid card update I have tried changing the displays in everyway and managed to get rs to work in OS X but when i tried in OS 9 there is not the refresh rate that only makes RS work in OS X this also happens with Ghost Recon,Never Winter Nights,R6,Uplink and iTunes visuals when its on full screen and so on I think It's my vid card but Soldier of Fortune 2, Medal of honor: Allied Assult and spearhead Dungeon Siege, Bloodrayne,Fallout2 (works when i change the displays to the same as RS) I'm sure you guys dont know how to fix it but if anyone knows I would be greatful.
ignant

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 08:30:19 am »

Hi!
Do you have a ATI 9000 gfx card?
A friend of mine has had problems similar to yours since he installed a 9000
in his comp. I read the feedback on the latest ATI 9000 drivers at
versiontracker and this is from one of the feedback posts..."Most 3D games and iTunes' fullscreen visuals give a black screen."!
Here's the link if you want it...
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17957&mode=feedback&vid=All
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 05:58:21 pm »

Well, if that dosent work then there also might be a problem with how the setting are set within the game as well.  The easiest way to find out what it might be is to first get into the game and set the video settings to 640 x 480 then go from there.  Sometimes the monitor that you are using dosent register that particular video setting that you have the game at or it could also be the refresh rate of the monitor.  But usually if it's refresh rate, it wouldnt work at all.  In either case, most of the time the black screen of death happens for me with Tom clancy games is because either the graphics card or monitor dosent like the game setting that you are playing at.  Again, if it's the graphics card then of course make sure you have the latest driver (especially with ATI).  But if it is not ure card then most likely your monitor dosent like that setting.  the monitor might let it work occasionally but you will be faced soon enough with this horrible black screen of death that we have almost all seen thruout our time on GR.

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
|GM|Mr.Twist
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 05:32:56 am »

dude im having the exact same problem...i can hear sound but no video...im on G4 powerbook titanium 550....worked great on jaguar...but cant get to work on panther....lemme know..or post on here if u figure it out
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads