*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:39:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  RvS Map Rotation Problem. FIXED?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RvS Map Rotation Problem. FIXED?!  (Read 6037 times)
X1|MARCO
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2004, 05:24:43 pm »

Map rotation seems to be working fine for me.  The only problem I seem to have is the incompatibility of mod maps to different users, when they are the same map, i.e. a map from the (UO) pack won't load for a user that has D/L'd that same map individually. I have had a strange occurance of after a map loads you are stuck somewhere as if in a first person dead cam view. can't move but alive, no reticule.  I wish there were a more organized way to control map usage, like the way Ghr handles it.
Anyhow, thanks
MARCO
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2004, 11:00:25 pm »

On a related note, when I asked evill why the team chat and global chat for gr voice didnt work properly, he had no idea and didnt really seem interested in finding out what the problem was. It seems to only not work properly in RvS.

I know that Evill was working on the chat issue a few weeks ago.  He asked for a couple people to join his room so he could test it out.

In game chat seems to have worked the few times I've tried it.  What exactly is the issue?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2004, 11:04:00 pm »

The main issue i've seen is that team chat gets broadcast to all.  It is in a different channel, but everyone can hear it.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2004, 12:14:20 am »

When playing RvS using the team chat works fine, but everyone else can hear it too. Wink  Evill said he had no idea why it doesnt work properly and knows about the problem.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2004, 02:08:09 am »

typical isn't it.. there is a great app which everyone uses... GR then gets 'updated' so that you can no longer use this app (not now applicable) and makes you pay 50 dollars for 'great features'... which dont work.

Anyone else feeling a little peeved of about premium?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Scott_Kevill

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2004, 05:24:08 am »

When playing RvS using the team chat works fine, but everyone else can hear it too. Wink  Evill said he had no idea why it doesnt work properly and knows about the problem.

Well, I know about it insofar as you and Gem mentioned it recently, but not much more than that.

typical isn't it.. there is a great app which everyone uses... GR then gets 'updated' so that you can no longer use this app (not now applicable) and makes you pay 50 dollars for 'great features'... which dont work.

Anyone else feeling a little peeved of about premium?

The only reason this would not be working is if RvS isn't reporting the teams properly, which is odd, because it did in the tests we did before release. It does work in GhR, which does report the teams. At any rate, it is very disappointing for me given that it was supposed to support it on release. I'll be talking with the developer about this as well as the map rotation problems.

Are there any particular team modes this happens with (the team voice thing)? Does it make a difference which maps are being played?

Scott.

GameRanger - the multiplayer online gaming service
c| Pyroman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2004, 01:18:10 pm »

Scott,

Its good to see you following this discussion and taking the time to respond to our concerns.  

Any thoughts about the map rotation issue that started this thread?  I don't have the technical knowledge to say that the bug is a Gamerranger problem, or a Raven Shield problem, but I can tell you with certainty that it only occurs when I host RvS through GR.  If I IP host, I have no issues, and if I host via GR, I have them consistantly.  The issue is bad enough that I have given up trying to host a GR room until some type of fix is released.

Resolving the team chat issue would be great, but to me that would be the icing on the cake; having a stable platform to host RvS games is what I most want for my $50.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to our concerns.
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2004, 08:26:04 pm »

Well i consider rvs to suck so much, mb this all just be GameRanger. I mean, i ran a ip host the other day and it worked fine, rotation was great, no crashes, and it even felt to be running smoother.

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2004, 06:59:01 am »

I was talking to Gemi last night (one of the guys that has the map rotation problem) and he mentioned that another guy didn't have the problem on a static account, but did when he was on a DHCP account.

Why this would make a difference with GR and RvS, I don't know (and it shouldn't as far as I know).  But I am curious, out of all the people having the problem, are all of you on DHCP?  I'm not having it, and I'm on a static.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2004, 08:36:06 am »

Pyro is static, and he has it.  I'm dynamic, and I have it.

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2004, 05:59:45 pm »

Im going to re-initialize my HD this weekend and clean install everything. Its been a while, but Im willing to bet that it will work once Ive done this. I also have a DHCP but my ip hasnt change in over a year so I would consider that a static IP, no?

Adult Gamers Alliance
c| Pyroman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2004, 12:59:40 am »

I have not gone so far as re-initializing my hard drive, but when I deleted the RvS files and re-installed them, I got one session of hosting without problems.  I would guess that after that some file or another got corrupted again.
NiXon
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2004, 04:32:01 am »

I was talking to Gemi last night (one of the guys that has the map rotation problem) and he mentioned that another guy didn't have the problem on a static account, but did when he was on a DHCP account.

Why this would make a difference with GR and RvS, I don't know (and it shouldn't as far as I know).  But I am curious, out of all the people having the problem, are all of you on DHCP?  I'm not having it, and I'm on a static.  

I am the guy that has this Problem and with my Dynamish line it was working fine but after i changed my line it would not rotate anymore

This could be a Factor Gemmi Told me about this Post I hope someone clears this matter up :-)

More i cant say  NiXon
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2004, 10:13:01 pm »

FIXED

Go into ur RvS data/save/profile now "get info" on user.ini and click the lock button. Its that simple. Please thank Kilmore for this fix and whoever told him.

Adult Gamers Alliance
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2004, 07:11:34 pm »

Wooooooooooooooot woooooooooooooooooooot
Thank U very much Kilmore and co, and thank you vooDoo for putting it up here.
I just tested it and it's the first time that the console switching works for me tru gameranger.
I would like to say thanks but no thanks to aspyr who obviously don't have a clue.

MUCHOS GRACIAS Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2004, 10:41:24 pm »

I have yet to try this myself, but Pyro tells me that it didn't fix the problem for him. Sad

I played with Pyro today and his map rotation worked just fine. voods
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 03:41:06 am by +-KoS-+.vooDoo.-a2- » Logged

c| Pyroman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2004, 04:21:17 am »

Here is the deal.... you are both right.

I needed to remove the user.ini file and re-install it.  Locking the old version did nothing.  (Perhaps this should have been obvious.)  I installed the new file and went into RvS to set my user/multiplayer/server options the way I wanted them, locked the file as described, and then loaded GR.  

One night of bug free hosting.... priceless.

I hope and assume that it will be ok tomorrow too.  Smiley
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2004, 09:05:26 pm »

I was told by smruf to use the defuser.ini and worked great. I used his tutorial and put it down here:

http://www.matrixcg.net/moh/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9&sid=91be8d92e328e3eeea863d5d778fc3a5

If your having any trouble. Thanks agian for who ever found this out.

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
11.Dr.5150

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2004, 09:29:38 am »

Does it really matter what folder the Game is saved in? I got it saved in HD/apps.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2004, 07:41:57 pm »

Yes, Aspyr actually says that the Applications folder is the worst place to have the game and  say either to create a folder called "games" on ur harddrive which I have or install it in your User/shared folder.

Adult Gamers Alliance
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads