*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:59:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you think there will be any mac moding utilities for R6.3  (Read 1880 times)
[01] Dark

The [01] and only...

« on: May 04, 2003, 11:09:53 pm »

Hi,
Do you think there will be any mac moding utilities for Raven Shield when it comes out???

Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 02:47:34 am »

Don't see why not but mb they dont wana port the map editer that comes with the game...

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
[01] Dark

The [01] and only...

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 12:43:54 pm »

I really hope there will be, I have big plans for that game.

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 02:12:13 pm »

There's a nearly 100% chance that the modding tools will not be ported to the Mac. Red Storm/UbiSoft has never authorized the porting of any of their games' modding tools, and there's no reason to assume that that policy will change with Raven Shield. It's the same as always: if you want to mod in any way more complex than editing text files, you have to have a PC.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 06:19:40 pm »

One question was Unreal Edit ever ported to Mac(came it with UT)? If yes, you can use this editor to create maps for Raven Shield.

The problem isn't the license it is the time you need to port  the editors. The Mac consumer base is simply to small in relation to the additional costs.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
[01] Dark

The [01] and only...

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 08:29:45 pm »

Well theres always virtual PC Sad .
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 08:30:35 pm by [one] Dark » Logged

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 09:27:45 am »

UnrealEd was never ported. And using Virtual PC is probably out of the question, since most editing tools require hardware acceleration and a working copy of the game, since they're usually written to take advantage of the game engine's 3D code for map displays and whatnot.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 11:19:39 pm »

After seening the hopefull 970 proc benchmarks i'd imagine it would be no problem to run a map making program in VPC.
I'm sure we could even play cs2 under emulation.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 08:09:46 am »

If there's a PC emulator which supports hardware-accelerated graphics, then you could probably emulate an editing program easily. But to my knowledge, there is no such emulator, yet. The new RealPC is supposed to support hardware acceleration, so if that lives up to its marketing, it may be the solution.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads