*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:09:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  The Patch and Mods
Poll
Question: Do you Mod with/without the Mac Ghost Recon Patch or run two versions
I use the Patch with all my Mods - 2 (66.7%)
I do not use the Patch with Mods - 0 (0%)
I have two versions of Ghost Recon (with & without) - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Patch and Mods  (Read 1452 times)
Lupus

Wuff!

« on: April 06, 2003, 03:53:43 am »

I have the Patch but unfortunately most of the Mods I like (IDF, SOTO, Navy Seals...) seem to have problems with their special character/hero files with my Mac and the patch. I have found through long painful experience that modified character files frequently have trouble. Problems seem to range from the game locking up after a I add a new hero to missing information, information listed multiple times........

So I am considering downloading a new copy of Ghost Recon and leaving off the Patch to see if it helps. I have read, Mauti I believe, that some of the Ghost Recon servers do not use the patch for this reason.

My other posts on this subject have failed to stimulate much responce so I thought I would try this format to gather a little info.
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 04:27:04 am »

well Im that one in a million that only plays mods on my pc Smiley

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Lupus

Wuff!

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 05:22:19 am »

So a PC ehhh, what kind?

I believe that the patch question relates to any PC platform! I don't think that most game servers program things for the Mac guys but I may be under estimating them  Cool
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 05:36:07 am »

im pretty sure they are not Smiley

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Lupus

Wuff!

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 08:19:11 am »

So is Mauti the only Mac user here? I thought this site had a large number of Mac users. My experience seems to contradict everything I "heard" about Ghost Recon. Maybe I just got spoiled on the Diablo Forums and Ev-Nova Forums but participation on the GR forums I have frequented seems pretty low.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 02:49:58 pm »

No I am definitive not the only Mac User here. Maybe most guys play only the latest mods and so they don't experience any problems. I.e. I only had some troubles with the Dangerous Babes mods after I patched it. Most other mods especially weapon and map mods work fine. For the DTD mod use the 1.3 version which is compatible with the 1.4 patch.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Lupus

Wuff!

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 12:51:37 am »

Hi Mauti,

You still seem to be the only one that answers any post that has Mac in it, or maybe I am asking the wrong questions, anyway thanks for the answer. I thought I was uing fairly new Mods. I will go check dates.

I downloaded nmm_modv20 and HX3 right after you offered them. HX3 works great nmm does not. For some reason the reticules on at least some of the guns do not zoom. The read me for HX3 said it works with nmm. I tried it but had immediate problems, like no one having a skin, white blanks instead of weapon information (on the weapons screen). This has explained something I see in DTD_IDF. I thought I was getting some guys with white uniforms, now I think that their "skin" is just not working.

Thanks again for the input.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads