*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:20:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Your opinion of the Ghost Recon demo.
Poll
Question: What do you think about the GhR Demo?
It sucks (crashy, laggy, no weaps, wtf kind of interface is that?!?!) - 10 (30.3%)
Very cool- I'll probably get the full game. - 14 (42.4%)
I have the full game and love it. - 6 (18.2%)
I have the full game and am disappointed. - 0 (0%)
Fun for a few games, but not worth getting the full version. - 3 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your opinion of the Ghost Recon demo.  (Read 5584 times)
MacMan

Dyslexics UNTIE!!

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2002, 01:57:01 pm »

GhR is ok, in my humble opinion, it doesnt work so great on my mac, but that is mainly a sys req. issue (not everyone is bulking with money jeb)

i wanna check out my framerate too, one of you not-so-noobs tell me how to enable please?

further, i am tempted to say the demo is kinda boring, but it's rather enjoyable actually, even with the few guns that are available. The one (big) downside is the huge amount of crashes. Though as long as it doesnt drag my system down with it, i will keep running GhR.

i think.

I love deadlines. I'm especially fond of the swooshing sound they make as they go by.
- Douglas Adams
ShadowBox

No Hump = No Own

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2002, 05:02:52 pm »

I think that the GhR demo rocks and as soon as I have the money I'm going to buy the full version.

As far as gameplay goes, the only thing that sucks is joining a host with respawning just after they started a new round and having to wait for the round to end. The demo is very buggy, but because of the fact the I can run it in OS X, I don't mind it that much, because it doesn't require a restart of my system after a crash.

The demo runs very smooth on my system with all graphics except character and vehicle shadows maxxed out. And even on all but a hand full of servers there was very little lag, including servers where I was getting a 200+ ping in GR and 16 or more people were playing.

Aside from not seeing your own weapon, they function about as realistic as a game can make them. It takes a little getting used to the fact that the mini-map and HBS are no longer there, but the treat indicactor has become a very usefull tool for me. Also there is a mapp that you can toggle that will let you know where you and you teammates are as well as where any confirmed enemies are.

PS: Mauti (or anyone else who's done it), how do you set-up the framerate display?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2002, 05:07:35 pm by ~FrEaK~ShadowBox.aHa! » Logged

No Hump = No Own

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2002, 06:37:07 pm »

At first I absolutely hated it. I kept crashing and the maps where huge and little weapons to choose from. Then I realized I was a noob and played in OS X and I haven't crashed yet and the info from Assassin about more guns will probably lead me to buy the game.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2002, 07:17:24 pm »

just a quick question for mauti: are thos numbers for the frame rates in the news right? how are you able to pull 70 fps, i cant break 30 with my comp when everything is set to it's lowest setting, and everything looks smooth.  i'm confused  Huh

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2002, 07:40:03 pm »

First in response to Freak Shadowbox:

You can view your framerate if you open the options.xml at your Ghost Recon Data folder. There is a line where it says <ShowFrameRate>FALSE</ShowFrameRate>. Change it to <ShowFrameRate>TRUE</ShowFrameRate>.
The next time you start a mission you will see your framerate at the left top corner.

Brain: I get only between 50 and 70 frames in small rooms(houses). You can also look at the floor than the framerate increases. The less you see at your screen the higher the framerate.  Usually I play below 20 with my poor imac. However today I got my full version .

Bye,

Mauti
« Last Edit: November 11, 2002, 07:43:22 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2002, 09:17:23 pm »

I too am under the system requirments with a g4 400. The only problem that I have encountered was with cqb it got a little slugish. I will modify my post with my fps soon if anyone is interested. In anycase, im off to go buy the full version right now.
 Grin

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
ShadowBox

No Hump = No Own

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2002, 11:26:24 pm »

Thank you Mauti. I'll go home tonight and enable the frame rate display and post them later. I went on monday and bought the full version. You get @ 24 different kits for each specialty, so you do have a decent choice of weapons to play with. The best part about GhR and GhRd is that they run in OS X. I absolutely love the game.

No Hump = No Own

*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2002, 03:02:47 am »

well i originaly posted i hated it but now that ive played it a few times i find it fun

i really like the respawn thing makes the games more injoyable and fun and you can do stupid crap and dont give a flying poo about it,

-sk

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2002, 03:25:18 am »

Shadow, you get 21 kits for Rifleman...I have played the game for a long time now.

As for the fps, you should all get pretty high rates considering I get 35-50 fps (in action) on a 1.2Ghz P3 with a mobile radeon card in it.

Correction: It is a 1.2Ghz P3 Laptop....not a desktop as it may seem implied (or not).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2002, 10:59:18 pm by PsYcO aSsAsSiN » Logged

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2002, 05:27:21 am »

Dude... the fooking demo won't even run for me! Dumb gay ass old computer! I fugure ghr will take a while for everyone to get used to before it becomes popular... so play it for a week straight, and you'd prolly like it...

Ben

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2002, 06:51:41 am »

quick question....

how much cqb is there in the full version?

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
ShadowBox

No Hump = No Own

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2002, 08:35:37 pm »

I get about 30-60 fps with the following settings:
1024x768x32
32bit z-buffer
everything else maxxed out with the exception of charater and vehicle shadows set at low lod

my system is:
QS 933MHz
1.25 GB Ram
radeon 7500 32MB.

No Hump = No Own

Flame

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2002, 02:36:19 am »

What absolutly sucks goat's dick is that whenever i have a sniper kit, theres always cqc, and whenever i got a support or a demo kit, its all sniping. So to Snipe, it really depends. Also, if you see that the possible threat indicator's middle is red, be prepared for cqc. Otherwise, be prepared to snipe. I love this game and it owns RS because theres no bsing in this except for when you're looking straight and you get shot from the front and you dont see them, or if you put 3 bullets in them and they kill you with 1, or if you shoot them a few times with a sniper, a few distances away, and they turn around and kill you with a demo, support or even rifle kit.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2002, 05:05:41 am »

Rifle kit is what you should be using most of the time if you are playing a pick up game on GR. For clan matches, you probably want a couple of each and have some kind of gameplan worked out.

If you want true realism, have the host shut the threat indicator off.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
ShadowBox

No Hump = No Own

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2002, 07:42:49 am »

Assassin:
   You are right, there are 21 rifleman kits. There are 24 demo, 24 sniper, and 20 support kits.

For the full game the OICW/GL kit is probably the best all around. However on the GhR demo, the demolitions M4/M134 kit is probably the most versitile kit. This is my opinion and stands for squat, as everyone has their own preference. I personally like having a full auto if I get up close and personal with someone.

I hope that a lot more people get the full version that way there are more games running at any given time, as I currently tend to play mostly the demo because there is more of a choice of game types. Also there is a lot more people to shoot. Roll Eyes

No Hump = No Own

Da? Rabid

Deadly Assasins ?orever

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2002, 02:43:55 pm »

in my opinion I think the demo sucks I'm going to play RS untill I get the full

You have just been assasinated by Da?
Night Hawk

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2002, 01:28:00 am »

Ghrd is great, castle never seems to get boring.  I cant wait for the new gun selection too.  It beats Rs by a lot and im getting full tomarrow. weeeee.  My fav gun is the M16 if ur wondering also.  Tho i do think it is cheap that soem times it takes like 8 hits to kill a guy.  it happens every once in a while thank god, bt when it does happen it really sucks.  And the sniper gun should kill people on contact, i once hit a guy 4 times with a sniper and 4 with a 9mm, not dead, instead i died

"I believe its my god-given right, To destroy everything in my sight,Cause it never gets dull,it never gets old,The only thing it gets is more bold,Drinkin,fightin, going to the game,In our world it's a way to stay sane,If ur asking me to have it my way,Id say thats one fine day"
SiX.cybershark
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2002, 01:34:23 am »

Man the demo runs awesome on my older G4 500 with my radeon 8500.  Game looks so cool, very open and son fun to play... Then i remember the game sucks and  Rainbow six & raven sheild own it. It's also not worth buying unless u like skeet shooting the disk, which i probably will do. Only plus is they got rid of that infernal POS heartbeat sensor in which so many people, woops everyone, relies on dependantly.

-Cyber-
Agent Wallabie

Im a small kangaroo you idiot.

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2002, 02:03:00 am »

Im just going to save my money and buy RvS and a new computer.  Grin

Spike  

Giving my 2? 24/7.
.                ___
\?--?-?_/_._._\--?Huh?--\
||__?-?_---?__-]_???--?===
            ||'/     | |||

() ()