*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:01:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  WTF
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WTF  (Read 1888 times)
Rob
WTF
« on: July 22, 2002, 10:19:04 pm »

Ok 2 Questions.  I have Mac OS X.   When i try to start Rogue Spear in OS X There is an error message that says somthing to the effect off "Rogue Spear has unexpectedly quit".  It worked for me yesterday and I don't know y it won't work now.  I may need a patcha and if i do can som1 plz give me the site to Download it on?  Also when I am at Gamerangers and about to start  a Rogue Spear Game it says "Gamerangers has unexpectedly quit".  Again yesterday it worked but after that somthing weird happened and I had to reinstall Mac OS X so I may need a patch. If I need a patch(for OS X) Plz give me a site I can download it.  THANKS IN ADVANCED!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
*DAMN Snake
*DAMN [SF]

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 03:22:35 am »

you need 9.1 or 9.0 systems to run RS or GR properly Grin

*DAMN Snake   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.  *DAMN Snake

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."           in memory of grifter....may he R.I.P.
jtsoldier

Welcome to my world!

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2002, 04:06:06 am »

So the new OS X version of GameRanger is no good?

Sorry Rob, I wouldn't have a clue, I don't play that much since I got MoH:AA Wink

jt.

Welcome back to the world of the grossly bored, those who read these forums.
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 04:27:09 am »

Dont use 9.2 on it, I say the same thing, 9.1 or 0 works Best.

Retired Mac RS Player.
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 04:46:27 am »

Mattster, 9.2 runs Gr and Rs just dandy! I have them and they both run well, there is no difference in my mind. My dad got 2 copies of jaguar so i got 1 and its great but, i don't know if it runs rs well or not. I think it would have to run in classic mode. Make sure you have 9.2 or such thats the only thing i can think of that might help

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 05:28:24 am »

Rob, there is no OSX patch for Rogue Spear and it doesn't run very well in classic mode. I think that is the root of your problem. Gameranger works fine in OSX but you'll have to boot back into OS9 for RS.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2002, 05:05:35 am »

Well, I have an 867g4, running 9.1, and I crash it about every 35-50 minutes when I play RS, I also have a Powerbook g4 running OS 9.2 and in the 4 months that I've had it, I've played over 100 hours of Rogue Spear, and only crashed once, 9.2 runs it fine. Trust me man, you don't want to run it in OSX, Rogue Spear in OSX is like Rogue Spear on a 233 powerbook.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads