*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:34:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, BFG)
| | |-+  mac mods and such
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: mac mods and such  (Read 2747 times)
Anamacha

I'm NOT a llama!

« on: June 09, 2004, 09:12:55 pm »

are there any Macintosh mods/maps/missions/whatever that are not hosted on Fileplanet?  This is the only place that I've found that has them, and being poor folks like me, I can't afford to PAY for a membership to GameSpy, just to get mods and whatnot.

Any ideas?  thanks Smiley
BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 09:41:15 pm »

You don't have to pay to download from that site.  They have free downloads after you sign up.  You may have to wait in line to download something, but at least it's free.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Anamacha

I'm NOT a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 04:16:15 am »

do they really have free downloads?  all the stuff that I checked was supposed to have free servers, but the only servers available to download from were pay servers.  IOW they had 2 pay servers to get stuff from, and 0 free servers.

I reckon I can take a screen shot or something if you'd like to see.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 05:39:26 am »

Scroll down to the bottom....that is where the free servers are.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Anamacha

I'm NOT a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 08:07:56 am »

gee, I feel like a maroon now.   Shocked  I didn't scroll down far enough.

Now, which are the best mods/etc to get?  I have a G3/266 with a good video card in it.  GR itself runs pretty well on my machine, but I don't wanna tax it too much, you know?
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 03:09:58 pm »

Now, which are the best mods/etc to get?  I have a G3/266 with a good video card in it.  GR itself runs pretty well on my machine, but I don't wanna tax it too much, you know?

Well, I wouldn't do Island Thunder or any of the other really major stuff.  Stick with new maps/missions/weapons....stuff like that that doesn't really mess with the whole game too much.  When I had my 600MHz G3 iMac I couldn't run Island Thunder well at all.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 06:10:39 pm »

you could take a good look at the mac downloads section here - the mods and maps all have decriptions and you can see which ones have been most popular!

Really depends what your looking for - ie new maps for multiplayer, new missions for singleplayer.... game mods (ie WWII  or SAS mods)... come to think of it you name it its bee done!

enjoy! Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Anamacha

I'm NOT a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 08:14:38 pm »

I was looking mostly for "new stuff to do" ... I've finished the GhR and DS campaigns, and was looking for more campaigns.

I reckon I'll wait to get IT ... my mac will choke on all the tree modelling Sad
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 08:29:32 pm »

well there are a few i would suggest...

? Free Lybia is a great mission pack worth investigation!

? Operation Iraqi Freedom - admitedly not one that i have played but apprently has many hours of missions to play Smiley

? Frostbite is about as close to an official addon like DS as you will get - unlike 'operation iraqi freedom' and 'free lybia' it is a total conversion rather than a mission pack - so expect a rather large download! Personally id say it is well well worth it, if you ever wished the Ghosts had visited Siberia rather than the jungle then this is the pack for you . It has some fantastic maps and missions - and won't kill your computer as long as you don't crank your graphics settings up to high!

Last but not least is the fantastic 'Operation Restore Justice'. However this you might have to wait for as you need to have Island thunder to run it Sad

Have fun Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Anamacha

I'm NOT a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 03:06:55 am »

thanks a lot for the suggestions, guys.  I really appreciate them.

Frostbite seems to require Island Thunder.  Is that correct?  Not gonna spend time downloading it if I can't use it yet.  

Speaking of which, anyone have a copy of IT they'd like to get rid of?  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads