*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:03:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Intel Based Mac's (pictures!)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Intel Based Mac's (pictures!)  (Read 3013 times)
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« on: June 24, 2005, 07:47:38 pm »

Direct from ThinkSecret

And some info from the MacRumors forum...but the pictures were removed.  Angry

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 09:33:13 pm »

Just makes me sick to my stomach.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 03:58:20 am »

How does that make you sick? Its motherboard is far superior, it has PCIe, it has dual channel 533 RAM. It's an impressive developer computer. Already some company has created a way to port from windows to intelmac that will take a fraction of the time it did before.

Good times.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 05:35:59 am »

How does that make you sick? Its motherboard is far superior, it has PCIe, it has dual channel 533 RAM. It's an impressive developer computer. Already some company has created a way to port from windows to intelmac that will take a fraction of the time it did before.

It makes me sick that intel processors will be in macs![/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 03:31:49 pm »

Intel has done nothing evil as a company, in fact they have constantly tried to team with apple. Go look at the other thread about this GS, I put in a link and dozens of quotes to their amazing road map (which they are on schedule for... unlike IBM.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 04:37:08 pm »

Intel has done nothing evil as a company, in fact they have constantly tried to team with apple. Go look at the other thread about this GS, I put in a link and dozens of quotes to their amazing road map (which they are on schedule for... unlike IBM.

I want Motorola Processors back in my macs!!!  Is that too much to ask?

Civrock

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 05:13:09 pm »

Motorola processors suck. weren't you waiting for a 3Ghz Mac? for sure not with Motorola, and (still!) not in near future with IBM.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 06:35:46 pm »

Just go read the thread GS, I mean you read thousands of posts when you originally joined...which was creepy btw.

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 12:32:16 am »

Motorola processors suck. weren't you waiting for a 3Ghz Mac? for sure not with Motorola, and (still!) not in near future with IBM.

Yes, I do want a dual-3GHz G5...I would prefer it with a current IBM processor, and my second choice would be a Motorola (if they ever got off their asses over there).  It's just the idea of an Intel processor in my mac...just makes me feel wierd.

Just go read the thread GS, I mean you read thousands of posts when you originally joined...which was creepy btw.

I've read it, Myst.  My wish is that IBM and Motorola weren't so lazy in the PowerPC Team.  And I did read all those posts when I joined...but even worse is the fact that I still go back and read threads from several years ago just for fun!   Shocked

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 03:47:41 am »

I don't find that creepy at all. When you come into something new, you should find out as much information as you possibly can.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
bronto
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 07:46:12 pm »

watch motorola come out with a 3ghz phone next week (i don't know why they would, probably just to rub it in GS's face)
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 07:54:13 pm »

watch motorola come out with a 3ghz phone next week (i don't know why they would, probably just to rub it in GS's face)

That would be about right!  lol

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 10:46:49 pm »

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1175

On the topic of Intel Macs... well the original topic... apparently these computers are impressing developers. I will love nothing more than to buy a brand new Intel based powermac the day they come out. I know several people waiting to pounce on the Jan.06 (MWSF) Intel Powerbooks.

Now here's a question for all of you, what do you think Apple will label the intel macs? (i.e. PowerMac G5)

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 10:58:53 pm »

Now here's a question for all of you, what do you think Apple will label the intel macs? (i.e. PowerMac G5)

Hmmm....PowerMac P4?  lol

God that has an ugly ring to it!

core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 11:23:55 pm »

Hmmm....PowerMac P4?  lol

God that has an ugly ring to it!

Speaking of ugly rings I really hope we dont have to have that stupid intel jingle on the apple ads now.
Civrock

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 11:25:37 pm »

they most probably won't be called PowerMac anymore because they'll not be using PowerPC processors anymore, d'oh. and P4 neither because it won't be lame Pentium 4 processors either. i'm sure they'll come up with something very cool and fitting, it's still Apple.

about ads... did you see any IBM respectively Motorola signs in there yet? they won't start with Intel.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Spanke

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 04:53:10 am »

I was always told PPC >>>>>>>> Intel Procesoor. >_< ?
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 07:15:27 pm »

Things do change with time. At one time, BFG played GhR over RvS.

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 07:28:24 pm »

Things do change with time. At one time, BFG played GhR over RvS

Indeed they do change... heck i even used to be quite good at GhR Sad

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print