*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:14:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new *DBL MapPack 3.0b - notes  (Read 4431 times)
eur.reddust

« on: September 13, 2005, 12:26:23 am »

Let's open a thread for the new *DBL MapPack. Good news and bad news may be posted here.

I'll start with a good news:

- MapPack 3.0b trivia #1:
The new *DBL MapPack3.0 replaces Packs 1.x and 2.x. If You make a "mega activation" with all 3 Packs be sure You are fit to deal with unexpected issues.

What's next? - Go on!

[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 12:54:53 am »

I have to say that the new uniforms are really great. There was an instance last night on Barn Day... I noticed I was 50 meters from another player when he showed up on my map. I looked in his direction, but saw nothing. Figuring he moved behind some cover so I checked my map again to see if he was still visible. Still there and in the same spot I looked back again. Nothing.. then slowly, after about 5-6 seconds of panning back and forth, I realized the smaller rock in front of the boulder I was looking at was not a rock at all... it was the enemy in the gray sniper kit.

I finally shot him and we laughed about it after the game. Apparently he had the same experience. He could see me on map but not visually. I was kneeling in front of a big bush and wearing the green camo. We had both been looking right at each other the whole time. I'm sure this will become less of an occurance once we get use to the camo look, but it's still a great improvement over the original camo IMO.

Oh and yeah... turn OFF the old *DBL Map Packs when you host up the new 3.0 Pack. We combined all of the packs into one to make things easier. You can host other mods (MP3, B&G, Remy, etc.) just fine... as far as we know (please post if you discover a conflict). Just make sure that 3.0 is set to have priority over all mods except for Desert Shield (the original game).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:58:59 am by [:] Mr. T » Logged

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
cO.twist

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 01:43:52 am »

problem #1 - the spawnpoints on stronghold are screwed up now, one of them is directly on the wz.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 02:13:24 am »

I've been playing on servers with the final map pack and played stronghold without this problem. Are you sure there weren't any other map packs activated on the server you played on Twist? The Final Map pack is the ONLY map pack that should be activated. 1 & 2 dbls are not required with the Final activated. Or was it another gametype perhaps that you were playing?

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
cO.twist

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 02:48:43 am »

well, it was on arnold's host...there could've been other mods on.  we were playing wz though.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 02:58:30 am »

K, I'll check it out...He may have activated 1 & 2dbls as well.

Also to everyone that posts problems here....please DO NOT report any of the glitches that you might find anywhere on this forum for all to see. Talk to an admin about it in private please.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 08:03:17 am »

The wz's on some maps are really small (In particular the city one)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 12:21:21 pm »

Doesn't anyone have anything NICE to say Huh . Geez...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:23:14 pm by [:] Mr. T » Logged

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
z][t-Primary

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 03:17:51 pm »

this map pack is pretty nice. havent tested out the older maps on it yet, to see if there are any changes, but the new maps seem alright.

favourites are Outpost, The Mosque, Barn Day, Mogcity, The Mercenary, and maybe another one or two.

Question: how come some of the better maps that were in the DBL3 Beta were taken out? The Prison and Hammer (i think - the one with the tower in the middle). Were there big problems with these maps or?

Complaint: the preview pictures for Barn Day are actually from the Farm Morning map =) no biggie.
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 06:41:58 pm »

Good job on getting the pack together, admins.  I'm looking forward to some hard fought battles.

-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 09:47:31 pm »

The lighting tool wasn't used on the SWAT Training map, the entire map has an ambient lighting effect going on, also just a warning there are some bad glitches on the map.  Especially around craters and there is a really bad glitch that lets you see through an entire wall. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 01:53:29 am by =US=PUNiSHER » Logged
cO.twist

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 04:02:51 am »

K, I'll check it out...He may have activated 1 & 2dbls as well.

Also to everyone that posts problems here....please DO NOT report any of the glitches that you might find anywhere on this forum for all to see. Talk to an admin about it in private please.

WeedWacker

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 05:49:27 am »

If this map pack doesn't work with dbl 1 and 2 are we expected to only cb with dbl3?  Will this limitation be corrected?  Thanks...

--
WeedWacker

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 06:14:32 am »

it includes 1 and 2 weedwacker...

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 07:58:58 am »

Complaint: the preview pictures for Barn Day are actually from the Farm Morning map =) no biggie.

Barn Day is Farm Morning, just with the name changed. The name was changed so it wouldn't get confused with the other farm map.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 08:28:45 am »

about glitches ok no report but most of these maps we played them with remy and they are full of it !! it will be hard to play on them without worries!!
but they are nice maps and its cool to have new maps

good job
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 09:59:47 am »

The mounted machine guns on Mog City don't make any noise when you shoot them.  There is a sound file for them in the -ViP- Mods sound folder.  If you don't fix it people will be able to fire those machine guns like their silenced weapons.  There is one placed right above the WZ which might draw some complaints during the season when people start killing with a silenced mounted machine gun.
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 08:21:38 pm »

i loaded up and activated the new maps, now ghr wont even start up even in sp mode?
wtf?
coke
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 08:31:54 pm »

Barn Day is Farm Morning, just with the name changed. The name was changed so it wouldn't get confused with the other farm map.

A simple fix to stop the confusion would also be to rename it to "Barn Morning" rather than farm morning

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 10:22:28 pm »

Sorry it's actually the Day version of "The Farm" that's in the Map Pack, not Morning. We will look at changing the preview screen though.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads