*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:33:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Need help with MP Ghost Recon using mods
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Need help with MP Ghost Recon using mods  (Read 1383 times)
Graham
« on: March 06, 2003, 02:13:31 am »

Hi Everyone.

Newbie here.

We're having no luck with playing MP Ghost Recon over GameRanger using any of the available mods that I found here.

There is no problem playing any of them in single game mode, nor is there a problem playing regular MP Ghost Recon.  However, whenever we try to activate a mod, the GR splash screen comes on, then the "connecting" screen and the we are kicked off back into GameRanger.  Every time.

We are all using the latest version of Ghost Recon (1.4) and GameRanger (3.0), and all of us are using 10.2.4.  We all are careful to activate the same mod. It doesn't seem to matter if we have only one mod selected, some of them, or all of them.

We have tried every possible permutation and nothing seems to work.  The Readme file seems to indicate that MP is possible but doesn't give any specific instructions, leading us to believe that it should be pretty straight forward.

I looked around the forum here but didn't see anything, so I assume that the mods work in MP and we just haven't been smart enough to figure it out.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!

Cheers
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 02:38:29 am »

That is weird. Have you tried the mods in question on various hosts, or is it only one of you who is trying to be the host? If there's one designated host, I'm thinking that maybe his computer doesn't have enough RAM... or something. I've never heard of a problem like that, so I'm just whistling Dixie.

You're probably not making this mistake, but just for the sake of completeness, are you sure that the host has the proper mods enabled?

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
GMan

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 04:50:12 am »

That is weird. Have you tried the mods in question on various hosts, or is it only one of you who is trying to be the host? If there's one designated host, I'm thinking that maybe his computer doesn't have enough RAM... or something. I've never heard of a problem like that, so I'm just whistling Dixie.

You're probably not making this mistake, but just for the sake of completeness, are you sure that the host has the proper mods enabled?

Yeah, all of us have the same mod activated (we tried in turn New Cold War, Navy SEALS 2.0 and Royal Marines 2.1). Next time I'll try hosting, but I don't think its a hardware problem. We're all on broadband connections.  Our host has a new 17" FP iMac with 512 of RAM, and I have a 1Gig Powerbook with 768 of RAM.  I don't know the exact configurations of the other two guys but we've never had a problem with un-modded Ghost Recon. Just with the mods that we tried for the first time tonight.   I just know its something trivially stupid that we are somehow overlooking...frustrating is all, knowing that we can play the mods in single player, and regular GR in MP, but not mods in MP.  Grrr..

Anyways, thanks for the tips.  I'll keep you posted.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2003, 04:55:51 am by GMan » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 01:05:24 pm »

Well make sure that the mod appears in the option/mods menu under Desert Siege.

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 02:07:32 pm »

and try to IP-join if its really GR that crashes you....

*DAMN Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
GMan

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2003, 10:03:12 pm »

Hmmm...one of our players found this link.  It appears that New Cold War may have a bug in it that farks up MP games...its a PC site, but the problem may have ported over.  Seems the only fix is to completely reinstall the game..

http://www.theplatoon.com/archive.asp?post=293
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads