*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:36:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Having a league
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Having a league  (Read 5441 times)
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2002, 08:44:56 pm »

i'd say clan size can be whatever, but all of teh battles should be 3v3.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2002, 08:51:11 pm »

The reason for having bigger rosters would be so that you could always have people on that was the only real complaint.  All of the cb's would be 3v3 so I'm sayin atleast 6 members and if you want more that's your decision.  

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2002, 08:57:25 pm »

oh yea, if you use my system i would like props for it on the site
nothing much, just a little thank you line
is that to much to ask?

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2002, 09:06:18 pm »

yup, way too much to ask! ?Grin

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Clan *NADS
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2002, 09:14:49 pm »

Thank you guys for putting it into the visual (Brain and Anarchy)  It helps us see it better and see a good losers bracket instead of just kicking them out of the tournament.  These systems are good for 2 game elimination from the playoffs and with the use of them if we have enough clans I thank you.

Infection's Thanx

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2002, 09:45:30 pm »

no problem man  Cool

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2002, 10:17:11 pm »

Well I'm gonna call it a night for work and get some sleep, I've got crappy math tests this week.  I may come on later tomarrow around 9 and post to any new questions and ideas.  Good night.

Bondo
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2002, 10:58:48 pm »

No offense Brain but that is pretty much a standard double elimination bracket.  Thanks for making that but I wouldn't call it special.  I still don't know if I'd want to use that unless we were going to do only a playoff.

About clan size, yes I did want to limit clan size to 6 so that no more could be on a team.  One reason is that these extra players could then potentially be put into the draft pool to help small clans get to 6 members.  I guess a problem with that is that that member could tank on purpose against his real clan, but I'd just suggest that that person not play against his own clan.  I don't see what the hold-up about clans really is here, I think it would be fun just the same if we broke everyone up and for the purpose of the league just had 16 people become team captains and then let them draft their squads of 6 and just play for the fun of it.
Bondo
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2002, 08:10:34 am »

Wink  I just thought this thread could do with some assing.  But truthfully, I am thankful for all your help with ideas for the league.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2002, 09:25:54 am »

after some exaustive research, 4th order differential equations, 3 dimensional integrals, and alot of higher level physics and algebra i have fount that there is a difference between my bracket and anarchys
in anarchy's bracket the highest rank a clan that lost can get is 3rd
in my bracket anyone can get first
just pointing a not so obvious difference
(correct me if i'm wrong anarchy)

Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2002, 11:44:49 am »

To cycle back to the draft issue... no offense Brain but being TAF Grifter doesn't make it any better.... these are clans you are talking about... groups of guys that enjoy playing with each other... that form a team... this isn't the major leagues.. it's a bar league... you know.. where people that enjoy hanging and drinking together get the group and join a softball or hockey or rugby league.  The schedule and bracket still apply, but draft?  Give me a break.  It's about the clans, isn't it?  I don't want to belong to a clan because they had the luck of the random number generator to get me.  I want to be part of a clan I choose... and I'm sure most everyone feels that way.

As for all the best players joining the same clans.... it's just like any other clan... if it happens, it happens.  That's up to the clans to work out for themselves.  If a clan wants to win and be really skilled... it has to only let in those really skilled players (kinda how SWAT did it).  If a clan is to have a great time and not worrie about winning or losing... just playing... then they will get the players they think are cool to hang around.  It works, why fuck with it?

If it is what you say, just to fill in the ranks of clans that don't have enough people.... let people on GR declare that they want to be in a draft... and clans can only pick those guys (and like a pick up game.. everyone gets picked no matter how good or bad).  Because I have news for you, I wouldn't play any CB's for a clan I didn't chose.... and I know a bunch of others that would feel the same way about it.

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
febrizio
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2002, 11:54:25 am »

The league will be a fun idea, but can we plz put ak back on the roster/ rs ladder Huh
Bondo
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2002, 12:15:45 pm »

Grift, If these good players formed a clan prior to the start of the league and entered, it would be fine, I'm talking about not letting there be free movement of good players once the league starts.  Also, only people who wanted to be in the draft could be drafted.  Basically the first step would be for all the teams to submit their rosters of 6.  If any clans didn't have 6 they would be suplemented by drafting from a pool of players that want to be in the league but weren't on any of the squads.  The draft is just a way to get all the clans to the proper number of players plus give an oppertunity to clanless players or those who aren't in the top 6 at their clan to play.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2002, 12:49:59 pm »

Well in your case.. it was just being in a clan I didn't chose.. at least I like you guys.  =P

It's nice having someone you can disagree with that doesn't turn into an insulting dumbass all the time... good show!

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2002, 02:14:50 pm »

LOL, pulling a Rapid... I think you just gave it a name... kinda like being a dumbass was pulling a Rom for a long time =P.

AK_Kilzo
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2002, 02:20:36 pm »

This little tournament sounds fun, I just have one opinion here. Instead of making it a double elimination, keep it a single elimination. That way, the winner will be undeafeated and the pride to know they truly battled their way through the field. Also, this is something that could be done once a month, or every two months, with all the winners (the 6 or 12 teams that were undeafeated) meeting at the end of the year for a final showdown to win the title.SmileySmiley

Just a thought..kilzo
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2002, 03:03:31 pm »

Well it seems the real controversy is whether or not to have double elimination and who the moderators should be. ?What should we do to decide?

-for Bondo

Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2002, 03:37:15 pm »

Here's a suggestion for an admin if you chose not to go with the existing group.

In many leagues, the owners (clan leaders in this case) would get together and vote upon the commisioner.  Why not have all the clan leaders that want to be in the league gather for an online meeting (or have it in the forums if time is a problem).  The all get a single vote on who should admin the league... Top two or thee vote getters are elected.  That makes sure that the majority of the league has faith in who's taking care of business.  Also, I'd suggest it not be someone in the clans playing, but that's open to debate, because if they trust him enough to vote for him, why not let him....  

Just a thought.  But I still think that the BL admins could do the task and Ultimo and Assassin have proven themselves more then once.  Personal issues with Rapid haven't ruined my faith in them... it's made it stronger as they were doing the right thing (if a bit slower then some wanted).

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2002, 05:05:04 pm »

i favor double elimination
due to the fact that it may be a close cb and you lose one or two games due to pure chance ot lag, etc. then you can make up for it later

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2002, 06:10:12 pm »

brain, you are correct about my style, in that the way it is there the highest you coudl get if you lost is third.

I'm in favor of my style, which i guess would be single elimination with a tournament of losers to establish the lower pecking order. but i like the idea of giving the winner of the losers a second chance at battling #1.

qurstion: How will the teams/clans be matched up to start with? like, decide who goes against who first? by rank on BL, or what?

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Clan *NADS
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads