*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:53:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The New Fire Site
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The New Fire Site  (Read 2210 times)
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« on: January 05, 2003, 07:17:41 am »

Over this weekend Wombat and I redesigned the Fire website.  www.fire.macclans.com  Now it isn't completely done but I'll just tell you guys a little about it.  We are going to be adding more images, soon we are getting scripts from Greybeard for Starcraft and Medal of Honor battle leagues.  We have a designated page to the battle league and rules are downloadable/viewable.  Also we set up a forum that is still under construction with spots for clans, the battle league and general discussion, so I invite you all to join, we are looking into moderators with the completion of the site and forum images.

This site is also working as our Rogue Spear clans website, with the members and join pages.  Remember it is still not complete, we are working on those two battle leagues but please come and check it out.  Join the forum if you like.

Also as you can see the links page isn't done.  I'm requesting any clan that would like to be on that to send me a 64by64 image representiing their clan so I can give a link to their page.  I know I've asked some of you before for this but their were problems.  Email it to me at Infection418@yahoo.com

I'm expecting to add a few more things like I said, and the scripts should be nice, so I hope you guys like it and please give any comments and your images.

One last note, if you have a problem with the main banner, resize your browser window, you have to make it smaller.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 07:18:43 am by <FiRE> Infection » Logged

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
iBeer

Wut Up

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2003, 08:48:14 am »

its good, i like it but u should have the menu there, and having to write that little subtitle on the banner is too much. GJ tho, i like the PS work done.....Wink

PS: what font did u use on the banner?

PPS: if u need i could possibly make some menu buttons for you...Im a PS fanatic...plus i got 2000+ fonts n 100 or so extra PS plugs..which are fun to mess around with
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 08:55:23 am by iBeer » Logged

To whom it may concern: eat my shit.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 09:30:12 am »

the tinted army guys at the bottom of the start page are very stylish, but the top banner navigation isnt exactly the most functional thing? i mean yeah, the site tells you to mouseover on the banner but still, you cant see it until you mouseover and it looks kinda silly. otherwise, great site although i am noticing that all the ghost recon/rogue spear clan sites are all conforming to the same conventions? (ie: the "members" page that has pictures of random soldier guys and scrollable profiles of all clanmembers)

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 11:22:56 am »

Hehehe no not us Tasty check out our member page. Not all members have submitted their profile so you may see some blank pages.

To Fire,

Inf very nice site, finally I am able to connect to all sites hosted over @ www.macclans.com(thanks to Bucc), I like the Nixon pic hehe however I agree with the others you should make an additional navigation menu.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 11:24:16 am »

my proxy blocks that first image on the top of your page, and the nav bar looks broken.
aside from that its good

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2003, 06:31:21 pm »

Yeah Wombat did the nav bar, but it wouldn't hurt to have a side one, I think the first page is a little bit empty anyway.  Also about  the member page, I was going to put the picture of their favorite uniform color but I got lazy, I may do it at sometime.  But you can also see Orange represents leader, Red is member and Grey is trainee.

Also I need some help with something.  My submit button isn't working on the join page...anybody know how to fix it?  I got it from Dreamweaver.

PS. Don't forget to send me the 64by64 pixel images for the links page please.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 06:39:02 pm by <FiRE> Infection » Logged

jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2003, 06:38:00 pm »

I don't know if it's a problem on my end, but I can't view much of anything on the first page.  I'm using 10.2.3 and IE 5.2, but it's not loading properly.  The images took a long time to load, and then the nav bar completely disappeared!  I was left with a black page with 3 uniforms on it and a little bit of text image at the top.   Shocked

Huh

< insert clever and original signature here >
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2003, 06:40:06 pm »

Wow I feel really special!!

I resized my window and it worked just fine.  But yeah, if you view it in a full-size window in 1280x854 on a l33t new powerbook, it doesn't work.  But it's looks good if you're normal  Cool

< insert clever and original signature here >
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2003, 08:28:09 pm »

Looks good, nice graphics, perhaps a bit empty... and the dock is kinda tricky, that's all I got to say about it.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2003, 08:39:48 pm »

Some of the pictures wont load well. But from what I can see of the graphics, they look good.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2003, 11:23:15 pm »

Great Site Infect, but if the News, Members etc are showing and not just when you put ur mouse over it showing the site who be better.

Retired Mac RS Player.
Geek USA
Special Forces

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2003, 03:43:05 am »

is that a dark archon i see on the BL page?

geek
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2003, 03:53:55 am »

Sure is Geek, that's for Starcraft, a game that many of the Fire members play together and it is going to be our battle league.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2003, 08:11:46 am »

*cracks knuckles, settles in*

Ok buddy, you ready for it? Cuz like it or not, here it comes. Seperated by the page each shows up on.

A) Navbar/Banner, thus dubbed "Navbanner"

1) GIMME SOME DAMN BUTTONS! *ahem* Sorry about that. What I meant to say was, put in some ghost images or something, I can't stand not knowing where to click. Took a few seconds to figure out what the subtitle meant. Major advantage of putting faded ones in: No subtitles. Kickass, eh?

2) Window resize fucks up navbanner. Not sure how you made it, but could be remedied by putting it in a table.

3) The fire effect or whatever really isn't doing anything for me. It's really the white gloss look on the waves in the middle. Looks like the shrink wrap effect. The red-dark red-gray fire doesn't really look like fire to me either. Maybe some traditional yellow-red fire or something. Diggin' that font though.

4) Slap a center tag on the whole thing, or put it flush up against on of the sides. Maybe make a wider banner. I dunno about you, but i do all my browsing in 1024*768, and most people I know do as well. This'll help flush it up better. Either that or have your fire fade out into nothing so it doens't just... end.

5)For the lower navbar.. perhaps put a little explenation or something.. say "starcraft section" or whatnot.

B) Main intro page

1) Those three guys are kickass... but some of their upper edges have little artifacts. get 'emall black up there so they blend in.

C) News

1) Nothing really wrong here... perhaps put a banner in that tells people where they are. Or just have the "News" button stay on.

D) Members

1) Once again.. put a little banner/logo/something that let speople know wher ethey are.

2) What really works great is to put a list of member names at the top and have them link down the page to where the member is.. less scrolling.

3) Make the text text.  I hate text images. Take so much longer to load.

E) Join

1) The usual puut a banner/logo/something in that lets people know where they are.

2) if you can line all the entry feilds up so they are all in the same column, that's be great. You could use a table, set two columns and put all the entry field on the right column, and align all the text in that calumn to the left. Then put all their descriptions in the left column and align them all to the right.

3) Maybe put the whole form in a table or something with a diff color background so it's seperate from everything else.

F) Links

1) There's no *NADs banner. Remedy this immediately.

2) Put little standard blue text links under all the images that say what each banner links to.

3) The usual puut a banner/logo/something in that lets people know where they are.

G) Screens

1) Only two things to say about this ssection. Compression and thumbnails. Got it? ok, moving on.

H) Closing comments.

Not a bad overall design, but some basic flaws in things. Notably the absence of visible buttons for navigation. Just put little wisps of fire or smoke, and have them rollover into the text So we havesome inclination of what to do. A wise man once said, "A website should have a flat learning curve." If you have to explain what to do, it's too complicated. If all else fails, use the "KISS" method.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2003, 08:13:43 am by *NADS Capt. Anarchy » Logged

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads