*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:45:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Our Visit To Gamesmith
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our Visit To Gamesmith  (Read 7791 times)
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2002, 11:00:18 pm »

Heh, I see Cow and CDiabloCool on there...wonder what they did to get a thanks for...

I wouldnt be surprised if Evill was working behind the scenes trying to kill these upstarts (i.e. trying to get software companies to not support their application)

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2002, 11:26:07 pm »

It looks like Chronostorm is following in the footsteps of Gamescouter alright.  Half the web pages are empty or broken, the last time one of them posted on the discussion boards was in March, and they talk a good game.  

Too bad.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
El Patrick

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2002, 12:59:02 am »

about gameSCOUTER/GMG:
http://hulla-balloo.com/openletter/

This is not expected to change any opinions, this is only for me to put some closure on my part of gamescouter and express my thoughts on what really happened. This also exists to tell my side of the story, rather then the version that's been told and retold countless times in gameranger to the point in which there is no validity left. This website contains the truth - raw, unfiltered, unbiased, uncensored reality.

I'm sure as even before you start to read this, you'll have some sort of immediate bias. You'll probably be some mindless dumbfuck who hates me. You probably heard tons of rumors about what happened, and only bits and pieces of actual fact. Not surprised. There isn't a whole lot of intelligence in GameRanger. I've never fancied many people from GR to be the thinking type anyway.

The only thing I ask out of you before you read this is to clear your head. I mean, literly--a lot of you must have all sorts of shit up there: false rumors, ignorance, and who knows what else. The physical manifestation of stupidity, perhaps. That's all gotta go. If you want to hold onto what you really think happened, then you don't belong here. If you seriously think that no matter what I say here, your opinion won't change, then get the fuck out of here. I don't want you here. You have no purpose reading this if you aren't going to actually question yourself. You really have no place anywhere, but that's beyond my control.

This story is a perfect example of how a good idea can fail. We had all the right motivations, we had all the right causes. There truly was a big bad enemy, and we were the good guys. There was the enemy propaganda machine, which convinced everyone that we were bad. We had almost everything finished, and for a while we were just about to release.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2002, 01:00:13 am by El Patrick » Logged
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2002, 01:29:08 am »

That was a good link El Patrick, thanks for it.

It doesn't really change my opinions on Chronostorm either.  It just enforced them.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2002, 12:18:37 am »

From that, it sounds like ChronoStorm isn't going to get anywhere without the help of this guy.  Obviously his presentation is biased from his viewpoint, but I'm inclined to agree with him.  I think everyone here ought to read that article, just to have the proper perspective.

Moderators, consider re-stickying this.

< insert clever and original signature here >
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2002, 02:39:34 am »

Does anyone other than Sin, and myself actually remember GameRanger first came out??

wtf are you talking about Typhy...
only +-KoS-+ HockeyGuy can tell you some shit about the birth of GR...

Gamesmith rox...

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2002, 04:39:40 am »

Ask my dad //kren about the Birth of Gameranger he was the 12 on Gr but he had to change his Account # number because all of the first 12  account peoples accounts got trashed hes been here since the start.

Retired Mac RS Player.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2002, 09:29:09 pm »

for those of you who didnt actually bother to read the full letter linked above, you missed this link
http://hulla-balloo.com/openletter/images/gradmin.jpg

this proves that kevill can ban you for asking for FREE SPEACH.

i certianly hope that this site has changed since this screenshot was taken, and that that rule is no longer in effect.
if it is it explaind how kevll can ban us for no apparent reason.

i just wish that he'd actually bother hearing our side of the story(in it's entierty) and actually respond to our questions(in a non cryptic way) before he reaches for the ban button

oh, and by the way, if you look at the screenshot above it says that simply having the same name is not  grounds for being banned. the evill a, evill b, etc.  was perfectly legit according to his rules

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads