*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:06:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Our Visit To Gamesmith
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our Visit To Gamesmith  (Read 7792 times)
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« on: August 23, 2002, 08:42:41 pm »

Well last night someone asked Evill what he thought about this new Gamesmith coming out.  His reply was go try it out for yourself.  I was rather confused, not thinking that it was out in any way or form yet.  But it comes attached to a game called Last Contact.  Then Evill gave us this link.  http://lastcontact.greendragon.com/download.html  He sounded pretty confident and now I know why.  

Gamesmith is a type of Gameranger with many less features.  In Gamesmith there are no buddy lists, real preferences, icon choices or instant messages, you have to write /msg Infection.  Also, there are no account numbers so you can't call someone a noob =).  Not a big deal but I would have had one of the newer ones if it was to become popular.

While the feature mentioned above can be lived without, these problems can't.  Normally for this Gamesmith you would want some games for it no?  There are like 5 freeware games on Gamesmith.  Nothing that I've ever heard of, none impressive at all.  When one of the creators was asked about games coming out he delayed and said that we should just look at the site www.gamesmith.biz and take a look at the developers and take a guess.  It doesn't look like they will be having Rogue Spear though guys.  Also it isn't going to be a separate application for a while, 2-3 weeks now maybe.  

There were about 15 users on, along with a few people from gameranger that came with me to check it out.  Evill, Reaper, Ejo and Agt Snipe.  Only 15 people!  Then the unthinkable happened.  The server crashed. Shocked.  We gave the creator, Bryon, this list of problems and things that need to be added.  He thought about some of them but I didn't find Gamesmith to be very impressive.  It would have been nice if he was atleast different from Gameranger.  But to be basically the same as Gameranger with many less features.  Blah, you guys should check it out for yourself and judge.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
Zaitsev

Radical Me-Lets fight for rights

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 08:49:09 pm »

Do you know if all the games will Be on gamesmith? And why is it coming out if it is so much more inferior to Gameranger?

Reply me,

Zait of Virginia
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 09:12:40 pm »

Zaitzev: Gamesmith will probably have more games then Gameranger. What really sux is that you dont have a buddy list and you dont know what host your buddy is in. I would stay on Gameranger and not move to Gamesmith.    Gamesmith(Gay Smith)     Gamwranger(Sweetness)
                     Tongue                        

Retired Mac RS Player.
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 09:20:22 pm »

While the feature mentioned above can be lived without, these problems can't.  Normally for this Gamesmith you would want some games for it no?  There are like 5 freeware games on Gamesmith.  Nothing that I've ever heard of, none impressive at all.  When one of the creators was asked about games coming out he delayed and said that we should just look at the site www.gamesmith.biz and take a look at the developers and take a guess.  It doesn't look like they will be having Rogue Spear though guys.  Also it isn't going to be a separate application for a while, 2-3 weeks now maybe.  

Do you know if all the games will Be on gamesmith? And why is it coming out if it is so much more inferior to Gameranger?

Zaitzev: Gamesmith will probably have more games then Gameranger.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you.  Do you not fucking read anything.  If either one of you post in this thread again it's going to be deleted.  Mauti, I've warned them.  I'm requesting the banning of them from the forums for a little while to stop this spam please.  Now can we please get on topic.  Try out Gamesmith guys and post your reactions.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2002, 09:27:42 pm by <FiRE> Infection » Logged

5 1 5 0

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 09:30:40 pm »

Ok, im kinda comfused, so kinda bear with me.

Game Smith is A MAc gaming place?

Is it available for DL?

What was the use of that urll you listed above?

thx
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 09:33:06 pm »

I'm gonna go cry now.

5 1 5 0

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2002, 09:34:33 pm »

wtf why, did i do some thing wrong?

Flame

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2002, 09:37:12 pm »

no offense but gamesmith was very confusing. i didnt understand it
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2002, 09:39:39 pm »

Now Infect, I am under the impression this is the thing that was released way abck when. Im gonna go talk to the ppl at GS.

I recall a few weeks back we had a thread about GameSmith, in that thread I thought we said something about a stand alone version of GameSmith in early workings...

Since I dont want to retype all that, I have confirmation from a member this is a older version. I belive this is the macworld NY version...the one we never were able to find... If this information is true the next version is yet ot be released... sorry if i confused any1  

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
5 1 5 0

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2002, 09:43:08 pm »

Where can i test game Smith?

Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2002, 09:44:25 pm »

5150, Go upto Infect's First post and look at the first website clikc on that Download it and test it.

Retired Mac RS Player.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2002, 09:44:54 pm »

Well, as Infection told you, I did try out GameSmith, and let me tell you, it sucked. There wasn't even Rogue Spear! No buddy list, no prefs, no clear gamelist, no users, no private messaging...I could go on, but I don't feel like it. One last note, to anyone who said it doesn't matter if you get banned anymore cause there's always GameSmith, think twice before you get Evill pissed off.

Embarrassed                                            Roll Eyes?

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2002, 09:46:25 pm »

*sighs* I have to call every one of you morons. None of you were around when Gameranger was starting out, so you dont know how it was. Give this thing a little bit to develop itself and I am sure they will get the kincks and other problems worked out. I am sure it will later incorporate a buddy list, more games, etc...you have to give things a little time. I am sure they didn't waste their money to make a simple chat application.

Hell, you all seem to be lacking in short term memory when Gameranger would crash for weeks at a time with no explanation.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2002, 09:47:32 pm by PsYcO aSsAsSiN » Logged

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Flame

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2002, 09:46:53 pm »

5150, infect said where in the first post
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2002, 09:58:53 pm »

Ehem, this has proven to be pure stupidity on our part... This is one of Evills tricks...He wants us to see how bad the first preview of GS is...As i said in a earlyier post, this was the MWNY release that we searched high and low for.

Stop bad mouthing Gamesmith. As stated in a earlyier topic about Gamesmith, the new stand alone version of it is being developed!  Anyhoo, stop bitching and start relising that scott is tricking you to get away from GS early...  

Good try scott

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2002, 10:19:56 pm »

Sin, I'll have you know that Gamesmith is older and has been worked on longer and by more people than Gameranger.  If this is all they have so far it is a little sad.  So don't be calling me a moron.  The creator told me the stand alone preview will be out in 2-3 weeks but the games lined up don't look too promising, doesn't seem that there is going to be any Rogue Spear.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2002, 10:20:53 pm by <FiRE> Infection » Logged

Bondo
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2002, 10:26:58 pm »

Well, reading this thread I see that we have more concerns than Gamesmith...hey children (I think you know which of you I am talking to) please stop playing games and read some books or if that is too much for you, sign up for some sort of tutoring program so that you can be literate.  The ability to read really will pay off more than the ability to shoot things.

As for Gamesmith...I think I'll wait for it full version release before I comment.
Flame

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2002, 10:55:19 pm »

yeah gamesmith looks odd in its beta stage ill wait for the full version
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2002, 11:02:51 pm »

Does anyone other than Sin, and myself actually remember GameRanger first came out??

Apparently Mattster does also but I deleted that post because I'm a man of my word.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2002, 11:15:21 pm by <FiRE> Infection » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2002, 11:41:25 pm »

Whatever happened to GameScouter?

...it sure looked promising for a little while...

Huh

< insert clever and original signature here >
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads