*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:09:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A new idea from BL!  (Read 1892 times)
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« on: November 25, 2003, 04:36:50 am »

I am proposing an idea for GhR clans to see who can last the longest on "King of the Hill."  It is an idea right now, i am coming up with the rules and gameplay, and having some of my PC friends help me out with the specs to it.  But is it a good idea or what? I want to hear your thoughts.

Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 05:24:27 am »

I have thought of that too, but i have my doubts as to if it will ever happen.

Kuza

is it 2008 yet?
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 09:08:54 am »

Blitz are you talking about another ladder on top of the QCB and Siege ladders? or just some fun and games between the clans?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Blitz

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 06:46:42 am »

Yep.  I think it would be fun.  I am still writing the rules and doing some game play with my bro on it.  But for now it will be Hamburger Hill.  But I am thinking of adding some stuff with it... Haven't quiet decided.  Anywho, post comments here on what to do.

Blitz Cool

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 11:40:48 am »

Do you not perhaps that hamburger hill might be deemed rather similar to the current warzone option? just wondering Wink

Blitz

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 06:14:35 pm »

BFG the only difference is the gameplay.  Not to mention that WarZone doesn't keep how long you have had it.  It doesn't even give you points for having the hill.  And for most of the game, you need as many points.  Warzone is another way of saying LMS. That is how most clans play it.

Blitz Cool

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 01:43:30 pm »

Id have to disagree that warzone is another way of saying LMS. Hell for me it totally changes the style of the game play and the tatics that need to be put into place, and id be very surprised if other guys did not say the same.

I just feel that there wouldn't be much interest in yet another ladder, especially now with the realease of AA 2.0 and the upcoming Rainbow Six.

Blitz

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 06:33:41 pm »

True, but when Evill gets rid of AA on GameRanger, AA will be gone... No one will want to cb. Now for RvS, maybe...  I just understand one thing on here... Why do we have ladders that people are in, but are not doing any cbing?  For example the RS ladder... It doesn't make sense having it here when no one plays it. Same with the AA ladder.  O well, I might as well finish up the rules and game performance on it, and put it on my iDisk...

Blitz Cool

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2003, 02:06:22 am »

I don't believe that AA will not be played simply becasue any connection with Gameranger is removed. The reason cb's aren't popping up all over the place is becasue this is a very new game, and a lot of guys have yet to have had a chance to play it much.

Styles

Flirt

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 04:00:27 am »

Its finaly nice that "hamburgerhill" has come up as an idea for the
*Damn Battle League. I Think Ham should replace WarZone or Lmst.
About All vet GhostRecon ladders use Hamburger hill w/out sensors and It turns out great.
-peace >=ShoCk<=

------------
Gabriel.Timewell
xoxo
Blitz

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2003, 06:09:53 am »

Shock... From your post, it looks like I need to make a version 2 of it! lol! Thanks for the input!

Blitz Cool

Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 04:18:20 am »

As far as I can tell it seems that for now Ghr is dead.  In either event I guess it couldnt hurt to attempt to have a hamburger hill game in the mix just for the fact that everything else is played out.  

Although BFG is right to the point that Warzone isnt played out like LMS because of the objective.  That takes the possibility of it ever being like LMS.  In either event I think if a Hamburger Hill game was introduced to the mix it would only be one more cb style game that just wasnt played anymore because of the lack of amusement the gamestyle represents.  And since Ghr is almost played out for most top players of the clans within the clan ladder I dont think it would even be appreciated like you would have liked it Blitz.  so I might double think all that hard work you are about to do investing in a new style of gameplay.  Ghr is about tore up in the Mac BL.

:MoD: Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 02:24:59 am »

hey,

my opinion is that this are two different games, with two different gamestyles. it?s like u?d compare apples with oranges... u can like this or this more. everybody can decide for himself.

i myself prefer the open gamestyle of GhR (this doesn?t mean that i won?t play RvS). RvS is definitely a good game, but not everyones taste. both games have their good and bad aspects.
i think u can?t call it "dead" until GhR2 comes out. Smiley

to the topic: i think another gametype isnt needed. we have the Team Ladder with Warzone and LMS, the Siege Ladder with now additionally Domination and the CQB Ladder without sensors. that?s enough in my eyes. Smiley

z][t-Civic?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 02:25:30 am by z][t-Civic? » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 12:26:35 am »

I think that the Warzone option for CBs is not very good.

Warzone has always seemed less of a quality pick that Hamburger Hill.

1.) Hamburger Hill has a more direct way of tabulating scores.

2.) In Warzone, late game rushes can have little effectiveness, other than to stop the opponent from wining.

3.) Burger lets you compete right up to the end, forcing play.

Not that Warzone should be tossed, but I really like the constant action of a Burger game.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
scrach
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 04:02:29 am »

I think it is an interesting idea but there are other options that have the same basic idea.  Unless it is something new and cool it isn't worth wasting your time on it.
Styles

Flirt

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2004, 01:38:41 am »

I agree with Sixhits. Also warzone was only introduced to fix the problem of camping, I think Hamburger hill will do a better job.

------------
Gabriel.Timewell
xoxo
Blitz

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2004, 03:52:35 am »

Not to mention the ladder, if there will be, will be based on points earned from the control of the hill not kills. Kills will only be used if a tie occurs.  Plus, Warzone is screwy. I mean if you are red team and you take control, the smoke turns orange sometimes... Kinda weird? Plus, I won't have it so it does that, it will only be Red vs Blue, like that halo series...  Anyways, I should have my rules up on the X1| MOHAA league site in about a week or two. I have been motifying it enough that there won't be loop holes. Also, I need some help getting the point system working... As of right now I am thinking of screwing with everyone by just putting some trigonometry functions in there.... Hmmm... Tangent looks like a good one to use, having sin/cos... thats great... hehehehe.... Okay, any other input is welcomed with OPEN ARMS... and maybe legs...

X1|Blitz Cool

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2004, 04:01:39 am »

Warzone has done a great job, I don't think that anything other than WZ and LMS should be used for gametypes, I like how the whole game is based on getting the WZ, or controlling it, it changes the whole mindset of the game.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Blitz

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2004, 05:55:00 pm »

Well Crypt, when you play WZ for a Clan Battle, do you go straight for the WZ or do you just play regular LMS only you are patrolling the WZ for intruders?  When ever I play WZ in a Clan Battle, I always try to secure it first, and sometimes just going on a hunting parade.  So about 2/3 of the time, its just LMS only without the camping at the spawn points. The camping occurs at the WZ.

X1|Blitz Cool

cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2004, 04:43:27 am »

This is true tho, Camping will not occur at the spawns but rather at the center of the map which can be good and bad. The good part is that you know were the enemy is bad part if you are there they know were you are and it turns into a camp fest. no matter what game type, there will always be camping....

~kuza

is it 2008 yet?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads