*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:32:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  PS3?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PS3?  (Read 3826 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: May 22, 2005, 10:09:22 am »

What have you heard about it? I'm curious.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 01:29:26 pm »

It's basically a supercomputer, beats everything currently on the market (as well as the Xbox360) in terms of performance.

edit. I just remembered, the Nvidia graphics chip equals two (2) 6800 Ultras.

"All" you need is a HDTV and a keyboard & mouse and you got yourself a serious alternative for computer gaming.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 01:43:43 pm by Toxic::Joka » Logged

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 04:39:20 pm »

Yeah, it has the edge in graphics, but the price will be a factor. You won't even be able to notice a difference until a year or two into the PS3, because the 3rd or even 4th gen Xbox 360 games will be out when PS3 launches. They will be extremely developed and will look incredible.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 04:48:58 pm »

Yeah, it has the edge in graphics, but the price will be a factor. You won't even be able to notice a difference until a year or two into the PS3, because the 3rd or even 4th gen Xbox 360 games will be out when PS3 launches. They will be extremely developed and will look incredible.

Would you rather have one cookie today than two tomorrow?  Wink

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 05:02:34 pm »

It's just like buying a computer, eventually your hardware will be outdated by newer stuff. Shit, if you're lucky enough to be able to pay 500+ for a system, then, well, you're lucky.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 05:07:12 pm »

well put crypt. for those prices, you might as well just buy a computer.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Ein

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 06:14:05 pm »

also, from what I have heard, the PS3 is gonna be compatible with the PSP so you can link the two or transfer movie files from one to the other and be able to play them on both. Personally, Im anxious for it to come out but I hope that Sony fixes some of the bugs that happened with the PS2. For instance, I am currently on my 2nd PS2 since the first one's disc reader broke and it would never recognize that I put in a game or movie. The newer/thinner PS2's go back to using the the drives where youmust push the disc in yourself like a personal cd player instead of the slide loading drive that it had in the original PS2. Im just hoping they follow their later disc loading design instead of that slide loading again.

Ein
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 08:59:42 pm »

Buy a cheap PC that even custom built or a Mac Mini for your games would not match PS3. However please go read the techtalk thread about the 360, there is extensive coverage of the PS3 there including features than make it well worth the price. The XBOX 360 expects 40 games by launch in late November, for the xmas season. There's no reason to expect many more by the time the PS3 hits shelfs in very early 2006. (the tech talk thread on the 360)*

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 04:13:42 pm »

I just gotta say..Mac better fuckin hurry (which they wont) getting some games, and some good engines rolling or else, they are gonna lose me on the gaming front.
(And Ive been one of the most mac faithful out there)

If this console supports the keyboard and mouse Im almost sold already.
Heres some footage....Amazing graphics, and REALLy amazing physics...

If this doesnt hotlink, cut n paste..its well worth it.

http://www.drunkendelight.com/view.php?id=645

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 04:41:22 pm »

Just announce for PS3 is Alan Wake, from the creators of Max Payne. Now I am sold.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
th.Sentinel

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 04:12:16 pm »

If its not to expensive like around 500€, I'll buy it... specially for this game!

It looks awsome! Shocked

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 11:32:23 am »

oh crap, sent that looked awsome - sounds mad but did you see the mud! omg! i want to splat little people in my jeep!! Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 04:16:45 pm »

Yep.

Mac gaming is Fucked.

IF ps3 gets their network up and as 'stable' as xbox live, then they will take over the world.
Its gonna suck not having a community of gamers that you know to draw from and compete against...

o well.

great post Sent!

***takes off clothes and sprints to nearest mudhole for..um....training"****

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 04:50:48 pm »

haha do you want your rubber ducky in there shiex? Wink

hmm mac gaming feeling a touch doomed right now... um what do we have to look forward to at the moment... UT3 engine will be mac compatable... Sims 2 is coming to mac ... um ....  no big titles no big developments.

i freaking hate u damn consoles!

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 09:36:29 pm »

I have little interest in continuing with mac gaming beyond RS4 or such Tom Clancy games. The fact is that consoles have a longer top of the line life span. I think that with the new XBOX live and the new Sony Online system, there will be more room for more community-like feelings beyond lobby rooms and the cold out of game interfaces.

John Lennon
th.Sentinel

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 02:35:49 pm »

Feral announced to port Colliin McRae Rally 2005.

So at last well get a decent racing game... now we only have to wait untill its ported.  Roll Eyes

http://www.macgamer.com/features/?id=2003

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 03:36:23 pm »

holy cow, holy cow that has just put a big smile on my face! Shit that was one of my most favorite games, i used to play Coln McRae 2 on a mates PC all the time  - awsome game, awsome graphics, awsome car handling. There are no driving games on the mac that come close to it. Shit i used to love driver but this thing is the daddy!

Come on Feral me old buddies do us a really good first class port and fast and i'll give you all my money! Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads