*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:28:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bah I need to nwo it kills me  (Read 1653 times)
[He||] ViRaL

OK who gave me Blancs and WHO! gave me flash nades

« on: June 03, 2003, 03:53:55 am »

How do you mod somone send me ad explanation document or somethin because I really want o learn.! Huh Huh

ViRaL

|AK| dropped off the RS ladder bah Elite team of RSers my Rapid. GhR vs RS?HuhHuh I know lets ask Mr. Clancy if he can combine them! Wait ........Hes to busy writing his 80000000000000000000000000000000000th Novel..............
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 04:33:54 am »

ok First you need to READ other topics there are not a lot of them and its not that complex... i think i answered this question already with in the last month mb 3 times... which is a lot for this part of the forums. basicly you need a pc then go to @War and find some T.U.T's  Http://planetrainbowsix.com/atwar

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 01:20:47 pm »

You don't NEED a PC to mod. You can make basic weapon and kit mods without a PC. Any mod involving new graphics, models, missions, maps, etc., will require a PC. But to futz around with the basics, you can just use a text editor.

Open up the files in Ghost Recon's folders. All the .kits, .kils, .guns, and .prjs are human-readable and are simply text files (XML files, to be precise). Look at them, get a feel for them, then start changing things. Test the weapon in the game to see what changed. Repeat until you know how to make your own weapons.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Ledorax

Embassy Sux

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 05:09:33 pm »

modding tutorial:
http://214skipper.topcities.com/

Rammstein Rulez
BeefyFigure
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 09:43:07 am »

Is it difficult to use a text editor?  Does it require a certain skill or does it depend on what editor you're using?
Ledorax

Embassy Sux

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 05:47:28 pm »

well, you will probably need more skill then me, I cant do it right

Rammstein Rulez
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 11:08:04 am »

Any text editor will probably work. I use the shareware Tex-Edit Plus, because that's my favorite text editor, and I've used it for the better part of a decade now.

To get started, do a lot of copying and pasting. If you want to modify, say, the M-16, copy the m16.gun file, rename and open your copy, then futz around with what you want to change. To add your new weapon to the game, you have two alternatives: first, if you wish to replace the original M-16, you can simply rename the original m16.gun to m16.gun.bak (files with the .bak suffix are not read by the game) and your version to m16.gun. Then the M-16 in the game will be your version. To ADD your gun to the game rather than replacing another gun, it requires a little more work. Call the .gun file whatever you want. Then you will need to make a kit for it. The easiest way of doing this is to find a kit which has the items you want (nades, sensors, etc.) and copy its file. Rename it whatever you want (mygunsensors.kit or the like works just fine), and then open it and change the weapon name to point to your new .gun file. Then, back up and open origmiss/Kits/no_restrictions.kil and add the filename of the kit you just created to the platoons. If it's a rifleman kit, add it to the end of the four rifleman entries. If it's a demo kit, add it to the end of the four demo entries, etc. Then, you can start the game and select your new kit.
     To get the name of your gun working correctly (after following the preceding instructions, your gun will show up in the game with a name something like "!key"), you'll need to add an entry to the GhR/GhR Data/Shell/strings.txt file. Back it up, then open it and add a line with a key and a name. The key will be something like WPN_M4 (it does not have to follow that exact format), and the name will be something like "M4". Once you've entered that, open your .gun file again and on one of the first lines, you'll see something like "<NameToken>WPN_MG3</NameToken>". Change the nametoken to match the key you just added to the strings.txt file, and now your gun should be named correctly in the game.

If you're going to play around with modding, you can change the origmiss and mp1 files easily, but be sure to change them back when you're done. The best (safest) way to play around with modifying guns and kits is to create your own mod. All you need to do is create a folder in the GhR/GhR Data/Mods folder, then copy a modscont.txt file from another mod, and change the name inside the file. The name entry in the modscont file is what will show up in GhR when you go to the "Mods" pane of the preferences.
     The folder hierarchy for a basic weapons and kits mod is as follows:
GhR
|-----GhR Data
|     |-----Mods
|     |     |-----Your Mod's Folder
|     |     |     |-----Equip (this is where all the .gun files go)
|     |     |     |-----Kits (this is where the .kil kit restriction files and the .kit files go)
|     |     |     |-----Shell (this is where your own strings.txt file goes)

The hierarchy above will allow you to create new guns and modify existing ones, create and modify kits and kit restrictions, and name your guns what you want or change the names of existing guns. To add new models and/or new sounds, you will need more folders in your mod's folder: Sound (for sounds, duh) and Model and Textures if you wish to add new gun models. Adding new sounds is relatively trivial, and I'll explain it if anybody wants. Adding new gun models is equally easy, but creating your own requires a PC.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads