*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:28:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Keep an eye out for impersonation.  (Read 1999 times)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« on: October 09, 2003, 06:36:52 am »

Well, I just had my confusion of the day cleared up for me.  Seems that |DiK| Sgt Bric_Top (account #137507) was impersonating me and BTs Fusion, asking for CB's with other clans.

It also explains why Jeb asked about Fusion being banned (when Fusion's not, but Sgt Bric_Top is).

Thanks for letting me know guys (you know who you are) =D.  And I'll repeat the warning from BTs on this guy from last week, just ban him from your games, who needs someone trying to cause trouble like that?

BTW, isn't there a rule about this?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 09:11:37 pm »

got his ip ? Roll Eyes

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 11:14:13 pm »

Nope, I just put his account on ignore so he can't join the servers.  I'd have to let him join to get his IP.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 04:02:23 am »

ok someone needs to get this guys IP

i have screenshots of him impersonating fusion tonight Thursday at 10 PM EST

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
Fridge!

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 04:25:35 am »

I think the MP guys might have his ip, well, they'll have it in their ban logs as they said they already banned him.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
BTs_Ch A oS

Die!! Die!!

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 05:40:45 am »

Fridge (Sir Frifge of The Kenmores),

Nope, I just put his account on ignore so he can't join the servers.  I'd have to let him join to get his IP.  

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 06:03:49 am »

He's still at it... maybe we can get evill to give him a long ban from GR

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 12:53:09 pm »

ok someone needs to get this guys IP

i have screenshots of him impersonating fusion tonight Thursday at 10 PM EST

up it

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 04:05:40 pm »

from what i understand, the entire premise of the dik clan was to do shit like this. impersonate people, tk in games under other people's names, and generally make hell for the rest of the GhR community

as for us having his ip, when we 'ban' somebody we simply put them on the ignore list for the mp server accounts. this means that we have their account number but not their ip

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 04:56:24 pm »

I think the MP guys might have his ip, well, they'll have it in their ban logs as they said they already banned him.

Fridge, try reading threads first, then post. Buc allready said its a gr ban.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 08:15:31 pm »

from what i understand, the entire premise of the dik clan was to do shit like this. impersonate people, tk in games under other people's names, and generally make hell for the rest of the GhR community

as for us having his ip, when we 'ban' somebody we simply put them on the ignore list for the mp server accounts. this means that we have their account number but not their ip

Actually, certain people get IP bans. For example, anyone known to account hop will get one. And I don't dick around, so I ban their whole class B just in case.

However, we don't have this guys IP as of yet. If he uses another account to come into the server and cause problems, we will get it easily.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 08:49:48 pm »

Normally, it would have been an IP ban as well, but I put this guy on ignore on GR before he caused trouble with us, based on what was in the BL Drop Box about him a few days ago.  He was tk'ing in someone else's server, and they posted about it.  So I was being proactive.  

SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 09:02:40 pm »

I have this idiot on my buddy list, and the moment he gets on I spam the hell outta him. He's a fuckin retard. of course I do have him blocked and so he can't send message back, and usually just leaves... usually though... not always. I've had him join games to escape my spamming. OK, enough of this... WTF is Evill so we can ban this fucktard?

BTs_SignTist
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2003, 04:48:05 am »

ok well i saw the DIK guy in a room.. he said it was not him that was doing it.. he said its someone impersonating him too... i dunno.. i still say see if we can get evill to give im a 3 or 6 or a perma ban or something for impersonating peeps.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2003, 08:35:11 am »

yea, ever notice how fast noobs get banned for impersonating evill, but when assholes impersonate us we have to go through hell and back to even try and get a ban?

where's the justice man?

as for ace's comment, as far as i know,  the general rule was that only the biggest assholes receive ip bans, but as i am not a server op, i am not privy to who those people are at the moment

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Noto
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2003, 06:26:53 pm »

I hope you all know that this guy has at least two accounts numbers.  he has an earlier account number than the one he uses for impersonating people.

?  Account # 128637

He is using multiple account to pull this crap.  Frankly, I'm sick of it.  Can't their clan be disciplined for it's member?

.::|N| Noto
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2003, 07:46:10 pm »

i saw someone (i think fridge) ask about this today, his response was that it was "already taken care of"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads