*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:38:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Improvement to Ghost Recon CB's in Season 5  (Read 3290 times)
smoke.aHa!

I'ma take your llama!

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2003, 10:28:29 pm »

how about u fix up the warzone mod first, like put the warzone in more stratgic plases like the red square one blow

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2003, 04:42:57 am »

It's an old mod, I don't think it's going to get updated.

The warzone is in the middle of of the map, which is strategic on almost all of the maps.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Ssickboy

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2003, 05:42:13 am »

(BTW this is an Old thread)

I don't think those spawn advantages make a big enough difference to throw out any of those maps.  Maybe I'm getting lazy, Maybe I'm blind.  I've played all those maps with all those spawns, and It seems each game can go either way whether you have the advantaged spawn or not.  I would hate to lose either of those maps.  

every map has some sort of advantage or disadvantage to each spawn point.  And the thing is... each team has a random equal chance to spawn in each.  LMS has the same occasional advantaged spawns.  If we got the bum spawn then we sucked it up and played our best.

All I'm saying Bucc, I hope we don't toss any maps.  

Retire Bush
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2003, 06:41:50 am »

Hey, I welcome that opinion SSickBoy.

I don't think I agree, especially with Vilinus.  I love that map, but if you spawn in the little courtyard to the east, you are so close to the base, and already have the starts of cutting people off from the north.

But bringing up that there is an even chance (to have that advantage) with random insertions is a good point.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2003, 08:49:04 am »

I agree with Bucc that I do not think the Warzone mod can be modded, well I should say modded easily.  It cojld be done but it would change from being a small less then 100k script to something like 10 to 20 megs.  The only issue I think with the Warzone mod is the Center Spots for the Warzone.  To change those you would have to mod each one of the map files and add them to a warzone mod pack so that they can be used.  Keeping it serverside would also be easy as well, but the idea of redoing all the maps to make the perfect center spot is quite draining to the least.  The Warzone mod is meant to use the center spot that each map uses in hamburger Hill.  
     as for using warzone i dont see too much of a problem especially if there is no respawns.  I guess I can see how it might work if there was another objective thrown into the mix.  Although by using Warzone it does take away from the fact that we would be using a serverside mod to run the cb's.  Simple as the mod is I am not sure that is the way to go.  I am not sure in the end if it should be used cause usually it is thought that if someone has come up with an idea, someone else has already thought of it.  Question is why hasnt PC clans adopted this useage of Warzone as well?  Again, I am not saying that it wont work to solve some issues with past cb's, but I am skeptical.

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
BTs_Ch A oS

Die!! Die!!

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2003, 11:15:43 am »

RGR SAB's skepticism.  Shouldn't the Warzone mod WOW us before we chuck the standard GhR LMS DAMN BL format?  Especially if its not clearly superior and/or clearly has the support of the majority of players/clans involved in the Damn BL?  

I say LMS is innocent until proven guilty.  Why center a venerable Battle League around a cheezy little mod?  I'm still all ears and I play the Warzone mod when its hosted (WITH NO RESPAWNS__YES!!!!!!!!!!!!).  I don't hate it but I really think the Warzone faction should try to sell it harder because I'm not buying it yet.  I think some clans will drop out of the ladder if Warzone is adopted and some clans that might have formed will not.  So what is so great about a central enforced campzone?
[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2003, 03:18:00 pm »

Well said BT's_Strum..
the Lin

"Make it happen"

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2003, 07:01:50 pm »

I think some clans will drop out of the ladder if Warzone is adopted and some clans that might have formed will not.

Thou some clan's might not drop out cause they got some new tactics, and setup's to practise.

--- retired HeAD european division ---
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2003, 08:13:02 pm »

Dont count bts out of any competition....

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
BTs_Ch A oS

Die!! Die!!

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2003, 10:22:06 pm »

RGR THAT EL OCHO! Grin

My concern was for all the less fortunate and would-be  clans out there. Roll Eyes

If many clans don't go for the Warzone mod then BTs, c|, [MP], +MOD+, [V], etc may end up in a 10 clan ladder.  I say the more clans the merrier.

Is there going to be a vote on the Warzone mod?

c| Pyroman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2003, 12:43:27 am »

Personally, I would not worry too much about warzone deterring new clans, Sturm.  New clans will not regard LMS as sacred the way that some of the veterens do; they are new to CBs either way, and will be anxious to play either way.  In fact, the new clans might find it a bit easier to be competitive since the veterans do not all have seasons of Warzone under their belt.

Those who would be the most likely to be alienated are those with the most to lose by switching to a new game style: namely those who have had success playing LMS.  They may feel, "we are good at LMS, but warzone is different, and we may not be as good at that, so I prefer not to change."

Those clans which are really against Warzone will argue against it here in the forums, but would they really not play if that was the ladder?  Since BTs (one of the most successful clans out there, and therefore one with the most to lose) has already said they would be involved in the competition, it does not seem like that will be an issue.  Clearly you guys prefer to stick with LMS, but will not be detered by Warzone.  I am sure other clans feel the same way whichever game mode they prefer.

Pyro
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 12:44:35 am by c| Pyroman » Logged
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2003, 01:07:52 am »

first i think its a cool idea, mb have 2 BL's one LMS, one warzone.
second,i dont know the mechanics of doing this, but if spawn points r unfairly close, mb email majorplaying who wrote the mod and ask if he can make 2 (or 4 ) inserts equally far away from the base. like i said, i dont know the story with programming that, but im sure some of u venerable ppl will have the stones to do this. Mod on rockers!!! lol Brighton 1964 su coke. ok then bye
coke
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads