*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:56:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Improvement to Ghost Recon CB's in Season 5  (Read 3291 times)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« on: June 23, 2003, 11:27:27 am »

Mauti,
I know that Jeb sent you some of our ideas (I told him we should have just given you access to that forum), but here's one I mentioned before that he didn't send you.

the Warzone server side mod.

I think it has the things needed to make CB's even more attractive.  

1) it puts a base that must be controlled in the center of the map.  Meaning both teams have to move right off.

2) Most games played on ghost recon are siege.  Everyone seems to like that.  Well, this is as close to it as you can get and still have it be fair.

3) Less camping.  Games will move faster again, and there will be less draws.  A team that just camps wont win often in Warzone (and the game will be over in just over 3 minutes in those cases).

4) Multi-clan CB's are very possible.  Warzone is great when you have 4 teams on (and will work for 3 just as well).  Extra points could be given out to encourage huge CB's.  A 4 way CB would even be a great way to finish up the finals (instead of top 6, just top 4, but what a way to decide it).

What do the Ghost Recon clans think about this?  I know the thing everyone one here complains most about CB's is a) the camping and b) how long it takes because of the camping.  I think this solves the camping issue, while still leaving snipers valuable.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 11:31:53 am »

Sounds interesting. I'll get back to you after 28th June when I have done my last university test the only thing I'll do today is to annouce the final modus but then I have to learn again, bah...

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 11:38:30 am »

Sounds fun buccaneer Smiley

+MOD+26ralee

soon come

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 02:44:34 pm »

This is more of Battle league ladder suggestion....and goes along with all the chatter about ladder tactics.
Lets say you add a rule about eligibility--in order to be eligible for the finals a clan must participate in X% of the regular season, so the regular season is 10 weeks, and in order to be eligible you must have at least one CB in 5 of those weeks.
      This in my mind is not to combat ladder tactics,(however it would), but it is to ensure that clans on the ladder are actively participating in the ladder, which is what makes the Damn Battle League what it is...gamers actively participating in a team oriented fashion. Cool its just a suggestion!!!!!!!
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 04:45:23 pm »

The only thing I don't like about a 4 way cb is the close inserts.

Say Red Square for instance. If we have 4 clans playing then the team inserted behind the big pile of rock on the NorthEast will be dead within the first 2 mins.

The 2 teams inserted at the West side of the map will be at a stand-off (because on those inserts there is no way to get out without killing the other team first) and they will not take the risk of assaulting the other teams position because you will have the East team coming in from there flanks.

In the end the east team will probably come out of the battle the winners just because of there insert which gives them control of most of the map.

There is also alot of maps that one insert would give you tactical advantage on or one insert that would ensure a quick death like the water fall insert on Small River.

This dose happen on 1 clan vs 1 clan but on a 4v4 it would happen every game.
BTs_Nova

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 05:38:54 pm »

i agree with ross`s "fears"

another example is embassy...
i still believe, that the spawn at the garage is the best spawn on this map if u do a 4v4 cb......

hotel and street team might be pinned down.....
while bank team has to go through the alley, which is covered by the garage team and street team....

i played a lot of humburgerhill (maybe 30 and more), warzone games with 4 teams.......
and mostly the team spawned at the garage was the winner, coz they reach the emb first, and the other teams are pinning down themselves....

i dont think that this 4v4 is a good idea..... :-/

BattleTekSquad:
Winners of Season 4 Team Ghost Recon Ladder
Winners of Season 5 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
Winners of Season 6 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
to be continued...
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 06:49:45 pm »

Ross, the only thing you are missing is the fact that any team that just goes to wipe out another team would automatically lose the CB themselves.  Since it's Warzone, they have an objective of capturing the base in the middle.  

Nova, I've played Embassy in 4 team, and other teams have won.  And you are overlooking another point to it.  With random inserts, who's going to pick a map if they think one team has a huge advantage on it?  It's only a 25% chance that they'd get the insert they'd want.  If I thought the map was unfair to some spawn points, I'd never chose it, and if there are a couple maps that are completely unfair, you can always not allow some maps for these CB's.

The problems I see with a 4 clan CB are actually a little different.  What if clans decide to work together?  Do you rotate teams (yellow, green, red and blue) since some of the cammo is better?  Stuff like that.  

Ok, keynote is about to start, time to go back in the room.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 04:33:17 pm »

Ohhh Now there is a thought... clan fixing to give wins to allow particular clans to get the top places!?............ Surely no clan has ever thought of that Shocked  Grin
Honestly i think that would be a big problem and very difficult to prevent.

Could there not be some point system that allows for different game types, and pointing system taken into account with this... so we could say have LMS,  warzone etc games all being played as cb's and counting on the ladder?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2003, 08:24:10 pm »

May in season 5 the OVERALL ladder(per game) will come back!

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
+MOD+26ralee

soon come

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2003, 10:21:05 am »

i Feel i was overlooked in a valid suggestion and wanted some feed back on this idea, at least a F**ck you ----come on Mauti want do you think

This is more of Battle league ladder suggestion....and goes along with all the chatter about ladder tactics.
Lets say you add a rule about eligibility--in order to be eligible for the finals a clan must participate in X% of the regular season, so the regular season is 10 weeks, and in order to be eligible you must have at least one CB in 5 of those weeks.
      This in my mind is not to combat ladder tactics,(however it would), but it is to ensure that clans on the ladder are actively participating in the ladder, which is what makes the Damn Battle League what it is...gamers actively participating in a team oriented fashion. Cool its just a suggestion!!!!!!!
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 02:23:23 pm »

I think that for season 5 there should be some sort of point system that
encourages clans to play no matter in what position they are

Dont have the answer for that one though  Smiley

Im just sick of this attitude in the ladder, no one wants to play cause they might loose some points.. .  Sad

A ladder where games are played = a good and fun ladder

(might have exaturated alittle but anyone who looked for cb's last season, must notice atleast some truth in this)

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 03:43:21 pm »

The problem is with the current scoring system that at the beginning of next season no body will want to cb... The long clans wait the more points they will get for their first clans.. say you wait a couple of weeks untill there are 5 or 6 clans with a good chunk of points a the top of the ladder... you then cb the top clan and win - you get shit loads of points.

If the system of the better the clan you beat, the more points you get goes, then some clans will simply do mass clan battles against the poorest clans around to get easy points.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 08:31:39 pm »

I don't think it's valid to complain that clans can pick on weaker clans for easy points. That's always going to happen, but I don't think it's a bad thing. First, how else are the "weaker" clans going to become stronger unless they're learning from getting thoroughly thrashed? Second, I admire that willingness to throw down even in the face of almost certain defeat. If the weak clans don't mind repeated losses, then that's their call. It is not the league's place to punish them for being weak.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 10:12:41 pm »

Hrm..

How about some sort of ranking system? You beat a higher ranked team then you move up... If your team gets beaten (and is the higher ranked team) You won't loose placement (unless the guy you played was ranked right below you)

uhhh what?

www.battleteksquad.com

BattleTek League has this...
It might just encorage people to play a bit more since they don't loose anything for loosing... And i know that everyone wants to move up...

Also a manditory challenge system.... If your challenged using the challenge script on our league... You must then play or be forfieted... (the challenged clan chooses a bunch of dates for the challenger to then pick...)

my 2 cents... Oh an JOIN THE BTL!

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2003, 02:11:41 am »

I told mauti all about my the GOOD version of bucc and my rank system, so maybe he will look harder at it since we found fixes to all the flaws of ranking systems.

I'm thinking that we should GPL our system and make it public if mauti chooses not to use it, but i'm not really interested in writing the script...

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 07:53:53 am »

Why don't you guys just have all the clans register before the season starts and create a schedule in which every clan plays everyone else at least once?

Not saying that every CB has to be on a certain day but a general schedule could be followed...

...then again I'm drunk so who knows what I'm sayng...

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
BTs_Ch A oS

Die!! Die!!

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2003, 06:50:27 am »

I played WARZONE today with [EUR] and I had fun but I never went for the warzone and my team eliminated the other team almost every game--no one conquered the warzone.  I played it like there was no warzone (there is no spoon).

Roll Eyes
Wicked[one]son
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2003, 06:47:27 pm »

I played WARZONE today with [EUR] and I had fun but I never went for the warzone and my team eliminated the other team almost every game--no one conquered the warzone.  I played it like there was no warzone (there is no spoon).

Roll Eyes

True but...on the larger maps, such as farm day, the team that spawns closer to the base can capture quickly...being that the map is so large and open, it's really really hard for the other team to manuver and recapture that central spot in 3 MINUTES!!!  Not enough time I think.  Eventually you just gotta "run" for it and anyone with half a right thumb and "click click" you into oblivion.  This happened 3 out of 3 times when we played last night.  

What's the final decision on all this?  I heard two seperate ladders one Warzone, one LMS...Is each clan gonna have to play seperate battles?!?....Seems like alot of time to be wasted when I could be out banging chicks.  Where can I find these answers?....holla!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2003, 07:47:01 pm »

if you could be out banging chicks, then why are you even playing ghr at all?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2003, 07:59:43 pm »

Wicked,

I think you are wrong about Farm Day, seems to me that all the spawns are equally far away on that map.  And if there aren't respawns, then getting back there in 3 minutes isn't an issue.

On the other hand, I know two maps that shouldn't be allowed as part of warzone, because the spawns are clearly off.  Vilnius and Stronghold.  There may be more, but if Warzone is going to be the option, I think we should check out all the maps to be sure.  But maps like those two, with a very clear advantage of some spawns proximity to the base should be against the rules.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads