*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:28:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ...and europeans still have a disadvantage..  (Read 3929 times)
[V] Silverblade

« on: March 19, 2003, 11:53:53 am »

dont get me wrong, i appreciate a lot what damn is doing for the community and how they run the league. keep it up. im just pointing out a little disadvantage we europeans have since the league is running. as long as number of played cbs make the winner, europeans will have a disadvantage compared to US clans.

i dunno how to implement a rule that would compensate this factor, the only solution i can think of would be if all clans play the same amount of cbs. which is probably hard to accomplish.

how would the us clans like it to cb only at 3 am in the morning weekdays?

of course this is a temporary problem, bc in the future there will be more and more european clans. but right now it still is a huge factor in the damn bl, and when i look at the difference in points between rank 1 and 2 i can only say it would be the other way round if virus had found as much cbs.

-> the damn bl is won mostly on quantity, not on quality.

just a thought i have on a boring day of work...

Silverblade

|3 cl vodka, 3 cl lemonjuice, 3 cl cheap oj, 2 cl triple-sec (or cointreau), 2cl gin, 2 cl white rum, fill up with coke| = LONG ISLAND ICED TEA
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 12:23:39 pm »

Just so you know 1st is over 2nd by 9 points... We only got more cbs becuase we went out and took on anyone since the begining on 2v2 when clans didnt have more then 2 members...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
[V] Silverblade

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 01:55:47 pm »

this wasnt meant to provoke u dea guys, im just saying the system aint perfect and its harder for european clans to find cbs than it is for us clans. if u cant follow, its bc the huge time difference and much larger amount of active clans in the united states. therefore us based clans have more opponents to play against on regular day hours. europeans often have to stay up till 3am to find a cb... it was like that in the rogue spear days and it didnt change as far as i can see....

but anyway, good job in winning the bl dea, again, this wasnt meant to take ur glory away.

Silver

|3 cl vodka, 3 cl lemonjuice, 3 cl cheap oj, 2 cl triple-sec (or cointreau), 2cl gin, 2 cl white rum, fill up with coke| = LONG ISLAND ICED TEA
[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 03:26:35 pm »

solution: diversify your clan!
Warrior 7
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 04:34:07 pm »

Dont worry sliverblade DEA is ofended about everything people say  because they think they are better than they really are

that is just the fact !

ghr killer
Valdar

Only the best

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 04:46:21 pm »

Gh R Finals:
3 euro clans   3 US clans
There are slight exceptions, but that is generally how it is.

The system is definitely a mass system. With the current system, all  you have to do is win twice for every loss to stay even. If you win 3 times for every loss then you will gain points! In the season, there were quite a few clans with terrible records that one could play against.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2003, 01:00:57 am by c| Valdar » Logged
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 05:44:43 pm »

solution: diversify your clan!
Yea! take some yankees and cnd guys ! will do it!
 Cheesy

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 05:45:24 pm »

We also have a japan member !

----[TRIBE]Clan----
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2003, 09:09:23 pm »

Try recruiting American members for your clan SilverBlade.  Or try having your clan log on during the day during the finals.  I've seen ViRii during the day at times the other clans were logged on.  Maybe there's part of your solution there. Wink

That's all I can think of for that problem.   Being that Americans play a lot of GhR and RS, it shouldn't be hard to find a few good men to represent you.

Of course, if you're not biased against Americans Grin

[DEA] HeLLBeNT
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2003, 10:26:53 pm »

1st to Warrior7. Ok noob, I want you to find me and PM me so we can play one on one and I can show you how "horrible" we play. As for the other guy my reccomendation would be to start a seperate leauge for Europeans or just recruit and trian some americans.
I look foward to your PM Warrior.

-HeLLBeNT
[V] Silverblade

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2003, 01:54:41 pm »

well virus did have some american members, rancid for example. im not biased at all, just bc i think america does a shitty job on world politics doesnt  mean i  am prejudiced. and im not doing the recruiting right now. i often recommended gettin some american players, it would defiantely help in cbs. but i found it pretty hard to recruit someone who fits in  virus  AND has a good ping. the ping thing only allows us to choose from the eastcoast, where we have pings around 100. we had  the experience with a high pinging member, rancid on his 56k had pings around 250. and that isnt much of a help, even if one is such a skilled player as rancid, bc it made us all slow.

the nature of  this problem lies within fewer european mac gamers than there are in  the us. not a problem anyone is to blame for. its just a fact, and still it is a problem. we want cbs in the daytime too, it dosnt help us if we let americans do the job for us...

Silver

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2003, 02:11:05 am »

Hey how bout some dedicated 3rd party servers?

I know Flies said we did a split host the 1st and 2nd cb and this is true but he also stated that we played the 3rd cb on a DEA host... Which the truth is we played that 3rd cb on VooDoo's host which you guys liked and had good pings along with us...

So in respect to that last CB.. What do yall think about setting up a CB ready East Coast Server?

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2003, 12:55:15 am »

Ok thnx for clearing that up there flies...

So now that we are all clear on this matter... Silverblade for those of you who don't know is a Virus, im right right?

Ok so you guys are saying that you get a ping of about 100 from east coast servers.. which is fine cuase west coast players get a ping of about 125 from me....  Yet they get pings of over 250 on you euro servers....

Sounds to me that Virus asking us to split host is more of an addvantage for them then it is us....

I mean if you guys get such great pings on east coast servers... then play on OUR HOST WHICH IS EAST COAST.
I mean that does sound fair to me...
I mean if we had a team like hellbent, myself (both of us east coast), then dr.no, fire::fly, and signtist (who are all west coast)...
 5v5 on a split host... hrm... 3 of our 5 guys then would be lagging yet 5 of the 10 total guys would have awesome pings....

Now if it was hosted on a EAST COAST USA server everyone except for hellbent would get 100-150 ping... Now that seems a bit more fair...

AGAIN i have no problems with a 3rd party host again.... Also keep that in mind...

Oh and while im asking you guys to keep shit in mind... Dont get all pissy when we dont have people online... I AM SORRY IF YOUR GUYS ARE BORED AT HOME AT 00:00 HOURS BUT THAT IS ONLY 4 PM FOR OUR WEST COAST USA GUYS....

And if you guys were home from 4pm to midnight then ouch.. maybe some fresh air would relax u a bit?

Thank you have a nice day...

« Last Edit: March 24, 2003, 01:13:32 am by [DEA] eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2003, 01:21:08 am »

well well
i duno why
but V asked us (euro clan hosting on a euro server) to split host also(5 games/5 games)
then at game 5 Flies said host is ok we can stay

but i think that now if we play a usa clan we gona ask split host after 5 games too
we played cl and i got 200 + ping not great (they refused our host, never saw em laging/warping  on lag test with random teams)

so it just ask  lag test on both servers b4 play

----[TRIBE]Clan----
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2003, 01:57:52 am »

Horda you have a way of making us sound like we were horrible jerks by refusing.  I had no lag, but the 3 other on my team said they had bad lag and warping, so we all agreed to try my host.  And after upon extensive lagtesting, everyone (TRIBE included) agreed that playing on my host is fine. TRIBE synner has a 512/256 DSL connection, i have a 768/256 DSL connection. That is what lag testing is for.  You play on the host with the least amount of lag.

c| played against Virus today.  Flies hosted.  there wasnt great ping on my side, but the game played fine, no lag, so we played no big deal.  After 5 games we did switch servers, but I actually was fine with staying of Flies host, and told him that.  Flies is just gracious enough to let us switch Wink

Horda, i'm not sure if you're intentionally trash talking us, but it sure sounds like it.  If you weren't happy with the host, please next time say something.  I would have gladly tried some other host, and gone through every player until we were all happy.  You and your team agreed that it was fine to play, so we played.  I have nothing in mind other than a completely fair competition for all involved.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
Warrior 7
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2003, 02:38:22 am »

Ok thnx for clearing that up there flies...

I mean if you guys get such great pings on east coast servers... then play on OUR HOST WHICH IS EAST COAST.
I mean that does sound fair to me...
I mean if we had a team like hellbent, myself (both of us east coast), then dr.no, fire::fly, and signtist (who are all west coast)...
 5v5 on a split host... hrm... 3 of our 5 guys then would be lagging yet 5 of the 10 total guys would have awesome pings....

Oh and while im asking you guys to keep shit in mind... Dont get all pissy when we dont have people online... I AM SORRY IF YOUR GUYS ARE BORED AT HOME AT 00:00 HOURS BUT THAT IS ONLY 4 PM FOR OUR WEST COAST USA GUYS....

And if you guys were home from 4pm to midnight then ouch.. maybe some fresh air would relax u a bit?

uhh ?? Why do thease guys sound so stupid? They will never be as good as the [V] clan i guess and are jealous, DEA only runs its mouth{everywhere) and it just makes them look worse in the eye of the public I think!

I think Spiltting hosts are a good thing and should be done if the other clan asks for it,  and if you dont like it then just dont play .  GHR killer

Wink
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2003, 06:13:55 am »

c| Splinter

u ll play on 200 ping + next time if we play again we will split host Smiley

----[TRIBE]Clan----
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2003, 07:28:16 am »

Horda,

That's not how the rules work, it says all the games should be played on one host, but if we can find a host on your team that doesn't lag the majority of my team, then sure, we can split the host.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2003, 09:01:14 am »

warior7 your almost as bad as rapid... Do you even own a mac? or you just like talking shit on subjects you know nothing about...

Alot like Crapid.. Maybe you should join his clan there...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Warrior7
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2003, 02:41:14 pm »

I am not as bad or as good as anyone. Just pointing out the facts to you DEA guys hurts  i guess,  beacause the truth hurts!

Quit crying and dying and take it like boys do! Quit thowing sand at all people, just play!

You are really making yourself  look even worse People are loosing what little respect they had for this clan i believe! Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads