*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:37:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CB's on GhR Dedicated Servers  (Read 1063 times)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« on: March 09, 2003, 02:45:49 am »

Just touching back on this idea for you.  We've played around with dedicated servers for a while now, and there is one thing that really stands out.  Everyone gets less lag from a dedicated server.  For example, when Ace does a normal host, I can tell the lag even with only 8 people in it.  When it's his dedicated server, I get no lag with over 30 people in it.  If I host a game, after about 10 people, they complain about lag, but with the dedicated server up, I didn't get complaints until after 26.

So, for any of you that want some good fair games, with the least amount of lag, either set up a dedicated server, or let me know and I'll put one up for the cb in question.  It only takes a couple seconds to set up, so you can either let me know when, or just talk to me online.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 03:32:10 am »

Just a word to the noobs out there,
I have 768/35K adsl and its hard to go over 12-14 people with 30K of upload (standard on most DSL and cable connections). The main reason that ace can host a dedicated server with upwards of 30 people on it is because of his damn fiber connection.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 10:37:57 am »

Actually, my connection is not my limiting factor. I have the conn speed for 100 player games if they existed. The Cube hits its limits of dedicated serving around 36 players on a small maps, at which point the processor gets a little iffy. I can't remember the last time I got a pageout, so 1 GB of RAM apparently is plenty for all serving needs.

So if anyone wants to CB on my server, just give me some advance warning and I'll be happy to set it up.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads