*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:34:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  Referees
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Referees  (Read 1433 times)
[SSI]4rch3r
« on: March 06, 2003, 09:45:14 am »

I was wondering, maybe it would be a good idea to have a kinde of referees in the cb's being played. As everyone is "cheating" and noone can figure out who actually wins a game.
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 09:55:56 am »

good idea , but I dont think much people would like to play referee in a match
with campers.

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 09:30:07 am »

Why would anyone wana waste there time just sitting there Watching people fight when they could be fighting themselves

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 06:07:37 pm »

I would! This is my dream come true!

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2003, 06:10:12 pm »

i think a clan could request a referee or something and that would be completly resonable...they could be DAMN authorized or perhaps just someone both clans agree on.

but they shouldn't be mandatory

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2003, 08:40:26 pm »

The only kind of problem that a referee could solve would be glitching.

Out of about 90 CBs that I've been in, both with AK and MP5, there has only once been a problem with glitching.

Aside from that, I can think of 2 CBs where glitching came up as a problem: RnT vs FiRE, and TF6 vs FiRE.

This is out of probably about 700 CBs. ( 502+About 200 from the first season ). . .

3 to 700; that's 1 to 233 1/3.

That means, on average, for every 233 battles, having a referee might help in 1 of them.

Another thing: The average CB is 3v3. There would need to be 2 reffs, at least, 1 for each team. That means that there is a 1/3 chance that the reff would be watching through the person who glitched.

That means, realisticly, that the chances of a reff helping out in a CB are 1 to 699.

Thanks, but I think I'd rather put up with an argument every 699 CBs than have to go to the trouble of finding 2 reffs for each CB, which would also add lag.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2003, 09:52:56 pm »

Right...

And have these "Referee's" gain the upper knowledge on all the clans's tactics, tell their buddies what that clan did, and then give away the clan's tactics when they get in a fight...  (or in our community, make a website like fools like |MP|Buccaneer likes to do)   Great Idea... Shocked  

We had a problem in one of our |?K| vs +-KoS-+ CB where we had 2 referees, and one of them that didn't like us(oso), was on Roger Wilco giving away our positions to +-KoS-+! (it was later told on GR by several people).  We ended up losing that CB Angry

That's another problem... Shocked
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2003, 02:47:15 am »

First off, Rapid, let's not make false accusation. While I don't trust Oso, I do trust Geek, and I don't think he'd do something like that, although, I was in the CB, and I did find it a bit odd that both Ejo and Geek were prefiring perfectly, dispite jammers being set.

Rapid does, however, bring up a good point. Allowing reffs in CBs would bring up a whole new form of cheating, and one that can't be proven. When a clan requests a neutral host, I say "Ok, but the hoster is on your team". I don't want to deal with the bullshit like having to TK the host, which slows down the rush, and can ruin your assault on a small map like Training Maze or Graveyard, or being gimped by the host's grenade.

Having reffs in CBs would be the start to solving one problem, but it brings up whole new ones.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads