*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 02:00:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  sheep system
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sheep system  (Read 1673 times)
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 08:49:29 pm »

We have players who rarely play, or only play on weekends but they aren't necesarily our "B" players they're just the less active ones.

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2005, 12:14:10 am »

even worse than having B players is telling one of your guys he is a B player..... and even worse is being labeled a B player.

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2005, 03:42:32 am »

If you want to simplify the FYS system with regard to a bicycle race. It is more like all bikes travelling at one speed then if you win a cb u go ahead but they take a couple of gears off your bike so to stay in front u have to pedal faster. Where as a team at the back of the pack strolling along needs to win one cb against a front team and suddenly they are rocketing through the field.
This system is like whats in car racing games losing cars go faster than the leading cars. The purpose of a system like this is to keep the competition close not portray an accurate result of skill level of the clans playing!!!!
The only way to do an accurate result is to have a round robin style system. the same that is used by nearly all sporting codes.....and there is a reason for this!
I do know there has been objection to this in the past beacuse it would possibly need a more organised community but there could be a more flexible way of doing this style of competition.
It is the only way to get an accurate result!!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2005, 02:03:14 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly having "A" Players and "B" Players is all about.  I've never been in a clan that separated their players like that.  In |GM| we all played, we didn't NOT let someone play just because they might not be as good as someone else...same way in BTs.  I don't know, just sounds kinda lame to me.

Some clans are very picky as to who they want and don't want in their clan. Many clans even state they are only open to "elite players"  - other clans are much more open and are less concerned with the skils of individual players. some of these clans are not worried about being competitive, others want to retain a level of competitiveness while still not being elitist.

pretty straightforward really

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads