*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:18:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: To Admins: Post that I had made last night  (Read 821 times)
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« on: February 13, 2004, 07:52:18 am »

to admins,

Since the post that is being questioned was made by me it is only fair that I speak on my behalf on this particular situation.  Yes it is true that I did post about a camping scenario made by the clan Po)|  Yes, one part of it was the fact that I detest the use of camping to win a game.  I think that most of us do.  In any event I did direct it towards the clan Po)| because of the seriously simple fact that they were the ones that created the camp.  If my posting of how messed up it was that a clan was using a SERIOUS camp to win a game, or use LMS as a fact to camp because they are told that is how the gameplay is done then seriously, what is the point of even having LMS in Ghost Recon.  We might as well make it all Warzone, since LMS is basically being considered a camping solution for all those clans that want to camp.  Seriously, why keep LMS into the BL if all you guys are gonna do is turn ure head when it comes to dealing with the camping issues?  Sorry, I dont mean to state this to some of the admins, this is just directed towards the ones that erased the post because they thought what I had wrote was Hearsay.  

The definition of Hearsay: [n] ?gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth.  Or (B) Statements by a witness who did not see or hear the incident in question but heard about it from someone else.

Now if this was the case then the post should not have been erased because I was there.  I saved the replay on my machine and I posted the issue as a fact that had happened and people should be aware of.  It was not gossip in any way, nor was I trying to start a flame with my statement.  I was just pointing out a clan that had deliberately camped and was told to camp by people in their clan to win a round online.  I even talked to Noreaga about the issue and not only did he have no remorse to the issue at hand that he camped to win a round that he was already a point ahead in, but he got seriously upset because he assumed I was gonna press an issue with not giving him the win, which again I told him that I would accept the loss, but was disappointed in the way he won that game.  

Now if this post was deleted because I was upset at the situation that had just occurred, then I dont think it was warranted because I have that right to be upset to have a game turn to garbage by someone cheapening the experience of the game.  I feel that I had a right as clan leader and as a gamer of Ghost Recon to report an incident that was without scruples just to win a game.  Now I know many other clans have an issue with losing to camping clans, and they have a right to be upset.  But dont shoot the messenger of the issue just because he has the Kahones to post the issue to the one group of people that in all rights should understand my frustration.  And since the BL forum section is no longer used mainly for debating issues between cb's I cant see what use the BL section of the forum would be for unless to present issues that concern the players of the game.  That, by all means is what I did.  

It just seemed quite beleaguing that the whole game he had played with his teammates, he played with skill and had come from a 3-1 losing streak to get one point ahead of us.  It was a good game up to the last game.  I dont feel that he had to cheapen the win for himself by doing what he did.  He could have beaten us by normal means, but chose to take a cheap win over an earned one.  I was not swearing at him, nor threatening him that I was gonna take action until he started giving me lip saying, "so what!", and the ill-moral excuse of saying that LMS allows him to camp and that if I didnt want him to camp then I should have played Warzone.  I am sorry, in my book that is unacceptable, so I felt it necessary to post the game and let others see for themselves on how this last round was played and how upsetting it is to have a good played game turn to garbage because someone wanted a cheap win by coasting around the rules.  

the beautiful thing for him is that there is no rule in DAMN BL against camping.  It's not like it couldnt be an issue that could have rules added about it but it just seems that most of the admins (again, i exclude the ones that do agree with camping as an issue) would rather turn the other cheek then deal with the problem head on.  Last season this was an issue, and many seasons previous it was as well.  I just dont see why someone by now hasnt come up with a rule about camping.  It's not like it's a hard thing to do for Ghost Recon.  Warzone was one good means to take camping out, but because u guys left LMS in as a playable style the camping issue was never really resolved.  

One possible solution for camping is to set a limit a player can be idle within the game.  If there is an issue about camping, a replay can be asked for.  A player for example can only be stagnant within a game for 45 seconds to one minute without moving position before it would be considered camping.  This wouldnt of course, eliminate the problem, but it would keep campers on their toes for possible penalties to the camping issue.  Definition of stagnant: Laying, sitting, or standing in a position without moving from that position except for slight shifting of position, waiting for the possible trap to be set or kill to be made with any kit except for the sniper kit, which because of the nature of the kit needs to be stagnant within the game to be somewhat affective.  But being a sniper for that fact, is a risk as well cause of the limit of the close combat firepower that is lacking a sniper, that a full auto weapon or assult rifle have with the other kits available.  The only other reason that someone would wait or possibly camp without penalty is with a claymore. Other then that, the penalty should be a simple one:  The round with the camping issue that has been confirmed as a camping issue should be awarded 2 points to the other team.  Since most of these claims will be made after the game is played, the issue should then involve how the points were thruout the game.  For example:  If the game was won by the camping clan of one particular round and the score was campers (5) other team (3) Then the point would be given to the non-camping team which would make the game 5-5 which would be a tie.  Then this would give the other clan that originally lost due to the camping issue a chance to win the game by playing one more round within a weeks time with all the same players to possibly win the game.  Now for example:  If the score was campers (5) other team (4), and the camping issue was proven to be the case, then the other team that didnt camp would get 2 points for the camped round that they lost to therefore winning the cb non-camping team (6) to camping team (5).  Now if the game was a serious offset like campers (5) non-campers (2), and only one camp was proven, then the camping team would still win cause they would have won the game most likely anyway.  But the penalty would still be given showing a loss for the non-camping team (4) to campers (5).  this would most likely eliminate the issue of camping in general because there would be a serious loss of points to the team that was proven to have camped within the game or cb.  Even if the losing team camped the score would be given to the leading team if they wanted to take it that far, but can easily be done otherwise.  This rule for camping can be easily implemented by DAMN BL, and especially since many other rules were put into place for glitching and cheating, why cant we have one that would eliminate the other issue of camping.  

Plus, this would eliminate people calling others campers that were not camping by definition of this rule for this particular game.  Since RVS is a different game I dont think this rule would be as effective cause the style of gameplay is much different.  But for Ghost Recon this rule would eliminate people using LMS as their personal camping ground.  I would personally not suggest a rule unless I was willing to follow it as well, so maybe you admins should think about this as an implementation to the standard rules.

Again, for the last time, this is not a flame, nor is it menat to flare personal opinions up about me, my clan, nor anyone else in particular.  I have just posted my concerns and am upset that it was dealt with in this matter.  So Plz take this into consideration, and let ME know how this issue can possibly be resolved.  Thanks.

:MoD:Saberian

« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 08:13:53 am by :MoD:Saberian » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 09:05:59 am »

One possible solution for camping is to set a limit a player can be idle within the game.  If there is an issue about camping, a replay can be asked for.  A player for example can only be stagnant within a game for 45 seconds to one minute without moving position before it would be considered camping.

And how would this be inforced.. in replays.. LOL... this will bring back the issue that we solved in the rules about clans scannning all replays to try to get an easy win.

This is a bad idea b/c clans will try to use this for easy wins.

I hate campers as much as the next guy.. but camping is a tactic.. I can see why nor desided to do it. They needed one game to win the match.. if you guys won that game the score would have been tied.. He used what tactic (a tactic i have seen many clans use)he thought he needed to use to get that win they needed to win the cb.

Just like what was said in the other post that was deleated.. IT IS NOT CHEATING.. The BL rules are to keep gameplay fair and to prevent cheating.... NOT to say what tactic you WILL use to play the game.. that part is up to each clan.

Now due to the fact that you desided to open a new thread about something that was already deleated, I am locking this thread.. If another admin needs to reopen it for anyreason they will do so. The admins are dicussing this at this time.  

BTW.. I was not the one who deleated your thread.. Im just the one locking this one right now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 09:10:22 am by BTs_Lee.Harvey » Logged

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 10:21:24 pm »

Sab, hold off any more replies while the moderators discuss this removal.  We are not all in agreement on it yet.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads