*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:58:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  I have a problem with GhR
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I have a problem with GhR  (Read 2070 times)
Lord

« on: December 20, 2003, 04:11:35 pm »

Hey all
i have a problem with my Ghost Recon. When i want to join a Game (not a room) then there is written << Failed to Start Game >>!!!! i got 2 updates from the *Damn web-site. (that update pack) but it wont work now.
Can some1 help me pls?
GameRanger account ID: 78825
sry, for my bad english.

c-Y-a @ GR
Lord
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 10:21:46 am by Lord » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 04:44:33 pm »

Sometimes I also experience that GR won't let me start the game.- Usually a complete restart helps.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
pink rat
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 01:06:19 pm »

Since Evill blocked Netfone and KDX , you have to quit them if you are not premium ; if you are premium it's that you dont get a mod or something else that the server requires
Noto
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 11:04:12 pm »

You are all wrong.  I spoke with Evill about this a few weeks ago when I was having the same difficulty of hosting a game on a remote server.

GameRanger prohibits the use of NF and KDX by closing the applications once a game is launched.  Someone figured out that you could use multiple users in Panther and run NF and KDX in the background so to speak.  To counter this workaround, GameRanger prevents you from hosting games if you have any multiple users logged into your computer.  For instance, I share my remote computer with my sister.  I used to run a dedicated server in the background for GhR while my sister used the computer via Fast User Switching.  She was able to write papers and such, and I was able to host a dedicated server.  The latest GameRanger update prevents this.  The only way to host a game now is to log off all users other than yourself.  Once you do this, you can host games again.  If for some reason you still get the error of <<Failed to Start Game>>, you should restart your computer since this is a permissions error in the OS itself.  You do not need to repair permissions, it's just that the login stuff gets knocked out of whack sometimes when you are logging users in and out.  Evill said that he was looking into allowing hosts to use mulitpe users for dedicated server purposes, but I have yet to see this happen.

I hope this helps.  

.::|N| Noto
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 11:48:32 am »

i don't understand why Evill dedicates so much time in programming little extensions of GR which (at first) prevented NF, then Multi-Users... he could spend this time on other things...

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 03:50:37 pm »

Actually noto, Haxial has a program thats letz you run netfone or KDX without gr quiting it. It basically changes its names so GR can never reconnize it. Nice job Haxial for the pwnage.

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 03:40:52 pm »

Funny isn't it Elandrion - if Evill spent as much time on developing GR to be able to do MORE things, rather than spending his time on Disabling things just imagine what GR might be!

Actually noto, Haxial has a program thats letz you run netfone or KDX without gr quiting it. It basically changes its names so GR can never reconnize it. Nice job Haxial for the pwnage.

Where when how?! can u suply a link? I didn't have much joy after trawling through the haxial website
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 03:45:50 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 07:14:08 am »

Rgr that BFG, it seems that scott is more concerned with people trying to not buy premium then anything else.  He is just making himself into an ass by trying to cock block everyone out of Netfone.  The real deal is that if people want to see Gameranger succeed then they will donate 50 bucks a year to the cause for Mac gamers.  But by blocking people from communicating all he is doing is creating people that despise him for ruining their fun and being FORCED into using premium to talk to their friends or teammates.  

I can understand that he would want to get paid.  i just dont think that was ever the way to go about it.  It just seems that it was more effort for him to add even more cool functions to premium to allure people then it was to cock-block them out of using Netfone, KDX, or multiple users online.  

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 02:03:49 am »

found the link.. won't post it but have a look in the FAQ for gameranger....

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Soup

eh?

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 02:06:12 am »

why can't i host dedust on coop? Huh Smiley =D
Noto
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 06:28:59 am »

I'm not sure myself, but which De_Dust are you trying to run?  The Mod De_Dust or the Map Pack De_Dust?  I do not believe the Map Pack version allows for Co-op.  I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds good.

Soup

eh?

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 01:26:10 pm »

i can't host the map pack de_dust on co-op
the seperate dedust map does work with it...
Huh
[/color]
Noto
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004, 05:49:47 am »

I do not believe you can run co-op on the Map Pack maps.  You should talk to [01] Revolt.  He was one of the guys who designed the map packs.  He told me that I couldn't do co-op on DCA Tower, so I assume it is that way for all of the maps.

Good Luck.

Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 12:36:20 pm »

it's written in the ReadMe file that coop doesnt work on some of the maps... also, some don't work in single player.

i heard that the coop and/or single player problem will be fixed with the 2.5 mappack update which is coming soon.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Revolt

Death is certain, Life is not!!

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2004, 08:54:31 am »

I worked on mappack 2.0, Dedust and aztec were added in 1.0...
But yes, 2.0 maps will be updated with corrected spawns..
As for 1.5, Im not sure whats up..
2.5 will allow coop..

[01] Revolt?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads