*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:34:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  83 soldiers dead in 12 days
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 83 soldiers dead in 12 days  (Read 12766 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: April 14, 2004, 03:55:27 am »

83 American heroes dead in first 12 days of April.

560 American's wounded. 2 missing.

May the wounded heal, the missing be found, and the dead rest in peace.

That's 678 U.S. troops had died since the war began.

540 dead since May 1, when President Bush declared mission accomplished.

And 220 dead since Saddam Hussein was captured on Dec. 13, an event Bush said would mark the end of the enemy insurgancy.

George Bush and his buddies are going to hell for this.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 04:27:40 am »

83 American heroes dead in first 12 days of April.
560 American's wounded. 2 missing.
May the wounded heal, the missing be found, and the dead rest in peace.
That's 678 U.S. troops had died since the war began.
540 dead since May 1, when President Bush declared mission accomplished.
And 220 dead since Saddam Hussein was captured on Dec. 13, an event Bush said would mark the end of the enemy insurgancy.
George Bush and his buddies are going to hell for this.

You know, I was really okay with this tribute to our dead....right up until the part where you had to go and throw politics into it.

Damn you to hell for that, Sixhits.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Ssickboy

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 09:03:23 am »

Hey GS in your opinion, how many American soldier's lives is it gonna take? Where are YOU drawing the line?

If they are giving their lives for us, then our duty is to be damned sure it's for the right cause. I'm not so sure it is enough cause, and that's where we disagree. In full respect of the soldiers that are fighting and that have died, I can't help but question the recent actions of our government.

why are you damning people to hell?  

Retire Bush
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 02:24:58 pm »

A lot more soldiers have died than that actually, because they don't count the soldiers that get wounded in battle and die in hospitals. Sad

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
komisar

I am the egg man

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 03:50:12 pm »

We, can just get out and leave because we lost a few men, if we don't finish this war wat were the point of the men dying if not for the people of iraq, we must free the iraq's people, we cant leave a half dead country and call it quits!!!!
Look at the moving text!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 04:05:48 pm »

Hey GS in your opinion, how many American soldier's lives is it gonna take? Where are YOU drawing the line?

If they are giving their lives for us, then our duty is to be damned sure it's for the right cause. I'm not so sure it is enough cause, and that's where we disagree. In full respect of the soldiers that are fighting and that have died, I can't help but question the recent actions of our government.

why are you damning people to hell?  

Look, one soldier's death is a tragedy.  I have personally weeped over the graves of ONE-FOURTH of my entire Ranger School Class since this thing started.  ONE-FOURTH!  1 out of 4 of every person I was in Ranger School with is DEAD.  But let me tell you this, those men and women want to be there.  They are happy that they can participate in bringing freedom to a nation that hasn't known it.  They believe that what the U.S. is doing there is just and is the right thing to do.  I too, believe that it is the right thing to do, and if I were still in uniform, I would be right there with them.

Oh, and I damn anyone to hell that uses the death of a soldier for political gain.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 04:48:48 pm »

dead soldiers have nothing to do with politics, they did the ultimate sacrifice because they were told to. A life loss is always painfull.

I think whats in everybody's mind, especially the soldier's family, is whether military action HAD to be taken against Irak (we now know that the answer is no), and if yes, why did we go to war so soon, unprepared (it looks like the bush admin did not plan as it should have been planed).

Now things are done, they 're no way but straight ahead.

OMG another 4 years !!!
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 05:20:02 pm »

It is obvious that you are a soldier GS.... You think like one, both for good and for bad. But the rest of us see politics in the tragic(but sometimes necessary) death of soldiers. Did Bush think politics when he invaded? Yes he did...draw your own conclusions.

Bobby...It is too early to say if history will judge this war unnecessary.......All we can do is wait and hope for some good to come out of the tragic deaths of iraqi civillians and the soldiers serving those nations participating.....be it polish, brittish, american or norwegian for that matter.......

I wish I never see a war with my own eyes.....

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
komisar

I am the egg man

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 05:40:13 pm »

GS, i have a question at the end of the military homepage u have it says u work at a ford store for cars, but it says ur a lt general i dont get that, and did u really go to ranger school and halo and all the other stufff, im just wondering
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 05:51:49 pm »

with all due respect, GS is way too young to be a Lt general.

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 05:58:26 pm »

GS, i have a question at the end of the military homepage u have it says u work at a ford store for cars, but it says ur a lt general i dont get that, and did u really go to ranger school and halo and all the other stufff, im just wondering

No, I'm not a LtGen....that was my rank when I was in the clans [DoF], |A|, and |GM|.

Yes, I did go to Ranger School, Air Assault School, and I did go through HALO training.  I was in the U.S. Army from 1990 to 1994.  I also served in the U.S. Air Force from 1994 to 1998.  I got out as a Staff Sgt.

Yes, I am currently a Ford Fleet Sales Manager.  I have been in the automobile business since I left the military in 1998.  Here is the website to my dealership if you would like to take a look:

www.butchoustaletford.com

If you go to the tab that says "New Vehicles" and then click on "Sales Staff", you will see my position....2nd from the top.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 06:23:28 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 09:29:06 pm »

Look, one soldier's death is a tragedy.  I have personally weeped over the graves of ONE-FOURTH of my entire Ranger School Class since this thing started.  ONE-FOURTH!

Oh, and I damn anyone to hell that uses the death of a soldier for political gain.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

That's terrible. I take that back: 1/4th is beyond terrible. It's one of the most horrendous things I've heard.

Start damning Bush to hell then. Every chance he gets he politicizes their sacrifice.

So I'm fucking pissed. I'm enraged. I'm not the one using their deaths for political gain. I'm the one calling out the hypocracy of those that do.

I am particularly incensed that those that planed for the after affects of our invasion were so far off the mark. I'm incensed that bullshit chickenhawks in the Pentagon and White House are arguing over details and nuances while American blood is spilled and no plan is in place to help them. And I'm really really pissed that politicians are telling me this is a good thing, ultimately, when they themselves can't say what they hope to achieve ... other than amorphus, sweeping changes that will make everything just fine.

If these guys and girls died for a purpose that was tangible I would be able to take their deaths with a grain of salt. For example, if they tied killing bin Laden. But what, just what, is the point in Iraq? Iraq is in turmoil. Bin Laden roams free. And on the other side of the world N. Korea is a nuclear power (did you hear how we are pulling troops out of the DMZ? Bush's sure tough on rogue states with Nukes, ain't he?). These are just the tip of the iceberg.

Despite spending billions in Iraq we've failed to change the situation there in our benefit. We've kicked Saddam's nuts but failed to follow through. Instead, we've poured money down a black hole. Instead, we've poured American blood down a black hole. And we can't pull out cause then things would be even more fucked up.

We're the god damned kid who stuck his finger in the dike to plug a leak, but in doing so made the crack wider. We can't turn and run cause if we do the dike we leak out. But we can't stay cause soon the crack will widen and the dike will burst. Then we and everything we've worked for will wash away.

It is the inconscionable waste of lives on a process that has no firm goal with constant shifting and waffling reasons why we're undertaking it that pisses me off, ghost. Just think like this: if it was Clinton in office would you be so hard up on this undertaking? Would you see the critiquing of the war as political or moral?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 09:35:28 pm by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 11:05:21 pm »

Why does everyone bash on the government, we all know they make bad decisions but the question you have to ask yourself is, if u had the job what would you do? Nothing? So that the lives taken in 9/11 attacks would have no redemption? Oh well.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 12:44:26 am »

Rebel we all agree its a difficult job, but if you do it, you take responsability for it.

Regarding 9/11, there is only one person thats directly responsible, and that person is still at large after 3 years. Its a shame.

OMG another 4 years !!!
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 03:42:29 am »

No1 ever said it would be easy....i just feel that even tho we are saying we are in it alone, we are still bound by world wide laws that permit us from getting the job done the way we want to. I mean we could probably find the bastard and get it over with in a couple months if we did it the right way, even if the "right" way is immoral, but who said war is moral? All im sayin is, dont blame Bush for the problems, cause if u were pres you wouldnt want people on your ass.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 06:18:42 pm »

9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq or Saddam Hussain... Although it appears that it is pumped into every damn americans head that it was as a way of justifying the war in Iraq.

Is any one going to cry and weep for the hundreds and hundreds of innocent Iraqi Civilians caught up in this conflict? who wern't doing a job, who had no choice?

What is happening in iraq now was forseen years ago before the invasion.. but perticular people in high places just didn't listen. They got the inpression that you can invade a country and secure it just by driving your colum of tanks through a few hundred miles of desert.... IF a proper plan had been put into place, and the necessary preparotory work done for the aftermath of the invasion, in rebuilding iraq and helping the population then we would not be in this situation. And given the current situation, staying in iraq is causing the loss of lives on all sides, and pulling out of iraq would also cause the loss of lives, in the long term many many many more.

All this could have been avoided... I hear so many people saying "i told you so". But the poor bastards be they military or civilian, from any part of the world, who are caught up in this nightmare, they don't have that choice.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 11:41:18 pm »

9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq or Saddam Hussain...

it's more like "Iraq and Saddam have nothing to do with 9/11"

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2004, 12:03:13 am »

Well, have you ever really seen a modern government handle a war any differently.  Some of this is funny where you keep banging the drum about poor planning, and stupid reasons and so on and so forth.  Read books on WWI, WWII, korea and vietnam and you won't see much different there.  Shit, if you have to, go watch M*A*S*H* and it will tell you how bad the planning was for that war and so on and so forth.  Rebel has a point when he says put yourself in that position and make the calls on the information being given to you.  

For shits sake, you really think whoever else goes in office can just wave his magic wand and clean up the mess.  Besides this, we are at this current point in history because previous administrations didn't really do much themselves.  So basically blame all of the voters while you are handing out the blame.  We elect the son's of bitches (and yes Bush was elected according to our laws, so don't bring that BS up).  So everyone who voted just go home and kick yourself in the ass.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
abe 2.0
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2004, 01:29:15 am »

FahQ,
The Bush people made some serious mistakes in Iraq after they defeated Saddam, which is the main reason that things are fucked up the way they are right now. If they had demobilized the army properly and made sure former soldiers got reintegrated socially and economically, for example, they wouldnt be facing a cohort of angy unemployed young iraqis with military training and weapons. Pretty much every aspect of post conflict reconstruction was bungled and its pretty much obvious by now that they had no plan whatsoever for what would happen after the war. I was in favor of the US ousting Saddam and still think something needed to be done, but when i look at how it all got handled i wanna vomit. Its not the handling of the war that im concerned about (it was remarkaby "clean" compared to other modern wars), but rather the handling of the post conflict situation, which compared to what happened after WW2 and Korea, was totally incoherent. Nobody said it would be easy, but even the most basic things got screwed up, so I definatly blame Bush for whats happening.
Ssickboy

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2004, 02:21:51 am »

I'm saying take action now, it's election time.  It's taken the US less than four years to fuck up foriegn relations, smother a surplus, incite more anti-americanism, and break down environmental regulations. That's not improvement, not damage control, that's taking considerable steps backwards.   I'm going to "pre-empt" my blaming ten years from now and say... "because of bush admin, our education is worst than ever, economy sucks, all my friends have moved to and live happily in canada/new zealand, prices of goods have doubled because of inflation, i can't afford to send my kids to college or cover health insurance for my family, one company owns every channel and radio station and all say the same thing, we're stuck in a never ending war in the middle east (or violence is still out of control), no one likes us, gas prices are 6$ a gallon, and I don't have any clean water to drink from."  and that is not even the worst case scenario. God aweful adolescent leaders such as Bush are an embarassment, and shows how fucked up our country is as a whole.  

Is blaming everyone right? maybe.  the mass uneducation of americans is the cause for delinguent election choices.  And in that case, education and freedom of speech should be priority numero uno.  Maybe all the education spending done during the clinton years will kick in this election round.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 02:29:00 am by Ssickboy » Logged

Retire Bush
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads