*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:44:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Who are the Top Players
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who are the Top Players  (Read 18561 times)
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« on: January 14, 2002, 06:23:33 am »

Well, the forums have been way off the old R6 / RS topics of late, and a stupid conversation with AK Rapid (as if any conversation with Rapid could be anything better then stupid), I pose this question:

Who are the top 3 or 4 R6 and RS players.  A couple ground rules.... don't vote for yourself, even if you think you are one of the best (even if it's true, you'll sound like Rapid).  Another, please don't make too much of a joke of it.... I'm actually interested.

So, I'll start.  Since I play RS, I'll skip the R6 side....

1) Ultimo
2) Civeron
3) Deadeye (you guys don't know him that well, but he kicks my ass regularly).

I'd have to say Glad if he still played.  He may have camped, but he was hard to beat.

Oh, and there are also a bunch of other great players (Oso, Assassin, Matt, Wrath, JO, Ronin, BadBoy.... the list goes on and on.... I was just picking the guys I think are the top of the mountin... but it is crowded up there)

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
[[EUR]] HoloGram

Don't worry be happy

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2002, 09:42:11 am »

In my opinion,
the best players were/ are

1) Anomar / Attila
2) Mauti
4) SGT_Hartmann / Stevie

veni, vidi, vici
#SKUL Mr. President (Founder & Leader)
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2002, 10:44:54 am »

Well I haven't been on GR for a while, but I doubt the R6 scene has changed too much. The old school top 3 are:
1. Kordova - Any "Best R6 Player Ever" list starts and ends with Kord. Kord dominated everyone. End of story.
2. JohnNothing - John at his best could almost be better than Kord. The consistency of big multi kill games from his is unmatched.
3. Thresher - Thresh doesn't get nearly the due he deserves. Whenever Thresh joined a game, I knew that was a win for my team. Sometimes it would be those beautiful games of total domination, sometimes pulling out an ugly win, but Thresh would always do it.

I'm not going to get into RS cuz I don't know it, but from what I hear, once upon a time, a great RS player descended onto GRIFT's host, kicked so much ass, and talked so much shit to GRIFT that GRIFT was forced to continually boot him out of fear of getting beaten down some more.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2002, 11:18:38 am »

Well, seeing as I've been on GR longer than any of you posting newbies, I might have a thing or two to say..

RS:

1) Grifter.. yesterday's game confirmed this.. Grift was the only gold player worth mentioning and a blue team consisting of me (the host), zak, electronicjo and Mongull could not defeat him..

2) Civ or Ult.. Civ is an incredible player who wins every time.. hmm... Ult is an awesome player.. but he has to win at every cost, sorry Ult.. Smiley

3) A toss-up between.. hmm.. Reaper, BKrazy, Mongull and the rest of the SWATs.. oh.. and Geek USA

More important than the RS list is the R6 list:

1) Kordova, Kord is a must for all..

2) Sling Blade, before Sling joined SiX, he regularily kicked their asses when it was me and him vs 3 SiXes on their host.. if that isn't skill, I don't know what is.

3) AXID.. Ax never got the credit he deserved.. but he managed to pull off some incredible kills.. Ace, remember the CB when Brew was behind Ax and Ax managed to flip around and get him?

4) Hock or Thresh.. what Ass said is all true about him..

Ace, btw, that player who kicked so much ass in grift's game was none other than me. Tongue

goddammit this blows
Bl?ck Magic
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2002, 04:38:51 pm »

Hey it's BM,
      I am just here to put in my 2 cents, like anyone cares but i will do it anyway.

1)Deadeye(Great player, kills me all time Wink )
2) Oso (I dont play with him that much but when I do, he wins.)
3) Ultimo(Good player, camps sometimes, but still good) Cheesy

Now I go back to my normal life (me:  Huh   Them:  Roll Eyes
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2002, 04:41:59 pm »

+-KoS-+ MAZDASPEED....lol..j/k

no serious..i would have to say Ultimo...3 kill games as a regular day is pretty damn good...

zak would be good if he wasen't such a whiney bitch..that devaluves his whole game.. Grin..sry dude.

I really never get to see the vets on, and i have never really played against them...so that's all i know....i would like to give them a good spanking tho...

Glad was nothing without 3rd view....

i gotta shit...L8's Cool

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
oso
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2002, 04:45:56 pm »

OSO here,
   here to say my top 3 players for rs. here they are:
1. ultimo (he kills me more than i kill him)  Smiley
2. zak (we are pretty much even, but eh) Cool
3. grifter ( although he may lag on my host, he still gets the job done, just not if i host him !! muahah)  Embarrassed

and that is oso's top 3 list!!
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2002, 05:22:45 pm »

WAIT!

you left out the best rogue spear demo players!  I hereby nominate:

1) Rogue (you've all heard of his Mom I'm sure, but he's pretty good himself)
2) Me (stupid no self-nominations rule)
3) there is no number 3 because I don't play rs demo very much Grin

< insert clever and original signature here >
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2002, 07:06:57 pm »

Yeah, as w0tt''s post kinda points out, after #1, there is a fair sized list of guys you could argue for #'s 2 and 3. This includes the two I mentioned, Sling, Ax, Hock, Rogue, Skippy, Strutt, Wizeguy, Piggy, and his w0ttness. (WG and Strutt are old schoolers who could shitkick most anyone back in the day) I'm sure I'm missing a couple, but this pretty much covers it.

Actually, the best four players are Grifter, Wrath, Bondo, and myself.  General Gossip forum moderators rule.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2002, 08:12:11 pm »

Hey, thanks for all of the nominations so far  Grin. Heres my 3 picks for RS :

1) Tech n9ne - although not mentioned yet, i know many of you die because of him, and he deserves the vote ! Wink

2) Grifter- Grift is the one guy that is just a lovable guy to play with, and has as much skill as friendship.  Grin

3) Zak - although i hate zak for his shit talking and stealing clan members to form BoW, I think it is only fair to nominate him for how good he plays.  Cool

When i used to play R6, There were always a few players which i thought (o no, they are in here), because they were so good. Here they are :

1) Piggy - I remember when Piggy wasnt in a clan, and i asked him to join GaB, but instead he joined *POD*. I beat he could have joined SEALs or SiX right from the start, if it wasnt for his newbie name that went along with the great skill. Smiley

2) HockeyGuy - Me and him used to go at it, killing each other everyother time. Hockeyguy was an exellent opponent !. Smiley

3) Ace - with his 56k on those sniping level of his, he was almost unstopable. I had a theory once because of good he played, "I cant hit his slow ass connection ".Cheesy

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
zak

I stopped giving a fuck a long time ago

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2002, 11:21:51 pm »

hehe, i'll give ult that, and for the rest of you, you probaly havnt played much with me, adn for the otehrs, you know me and im a dickhead and a half Wink but give my my credit, lol

best players
(not in any order)
1)(shit talkin aside) ultimo
2)oso (hell, all of swat is awsome, much respect)
3)(my name shoul be here, yes im a conceeded bastard) but nukerain or bkrazy

"We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender!"
-Churchill
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2002, 11:58:54 pm »

Well, since my fellow janitors are not here right now, and Loud didn't fulfil the janitor burden, I hereby vote Jesse as the greatest R6 player for his skill and incredible style.

Ace, if I'm up there, so are you, fool.

This thread is all about telling other people that they're good and having people say good things about you.

On the old POD forum, there was a thread about this.. Easy Kill voted Kord and Kord voted.. guess who.. Rogue.

We also forgot Easy on this list... very frustrating player to compete against..

goddammit this blows
Bondo
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2002, 12:32:36 am »

1. John Nothing...Maybe I haven't played enough against Kor, but JN has always seemed the best to me, maybe it is because I didn't kill him until I had played for a year. ?Literally hundreds of games without one kill of him. ?Thankfully I evened the score a bit this year getting lots of them.
2. Uber Cow and WizeGuy
Ok, so maybe they don't belong quite this high but they were the first guys I ever played with, in doing co-op at the capitol on wg's host. ?Spent the whole day trying (this was on the hardest setting mind you) finally we got it after maybe 30 tries and by that time I had become much better trained.
3. Jami
When I was first playing there was not many tougher than him. ?Attila was another tough one.

Maybe it is because I've gotten better but I don't get the same awe of a great player lately.
Begrudgingly I give an honorary mention to Pig (the little bitch) for learning my patterns too quickly and hosing me down. ?Great player but not as friendly as the other guys on my list (Attila also belongs here in reality).
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2002, 04:19:01 am »

W0tt, screw random ass kissing. If I put a guy on my list, I mean it. We got guys like Bondo and Mort (and Ult if he didn't become an RS slut) to name a few who have humbled me more than I would have liked, yet I still don't think they belong on this list. It's not an insult. They are still damn good, but this list is reserved for the Kord type guy who can and will dominate every single game. (And for you fools who haven't named him #1, go get your head examined)

Honestly, I don't think I belong on that list. (I do feel I belong on my following list, but GRIFT's rules won't let me state that) I have never seen any 56k player even able to maintain the consistency to be considered that damn good. Some guys had their spots, such as Ghost on Airport or myself on Road, where we were money, but nowhere near the level of consistency of these others. 56k play is all about prefiring, good hbs'ing, prefiring, good snipping, prefiring, occasionally using the lag to your advantage in close quarters, and prefiring. So I will make a separate list for the few, the proud, the slow ass modem users:
1. Ghost - The Kord of the 56k users. A pre-eminent sniper. Not coincidentally leader of SEALs which was for a longtime the great bastion of 56k power
2. CAM - He does that shit on a 28.8 for fucks sake. Somehow he still manages to do well on small maps, which is beyond my comprehension.
3. ACNavy/Cow - Before these two went broadband, they easily held their own and more on their dial-up.

One final note. The greatest camper of all time deserves some recognition. From sitting in boxes on city street large to paying a mortgage on the house in airport to taking baths in the road river, no one will ever match my favorite and yours, Kampergeek the Klan Killer.

jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2002, 09:57:22 am »

Ace, personally, I never found Ghost that challenging.. he seemed to think that he should win b/c he was the leader of SEALs, but how much he actually won is up in the air?

Replace #1 with CAM, who in my opinion kicks a lot of ass for his amount of the bandwidth given him by his ISP. Taking his place is Cow and then Redbaron taking up 3rd.

I think another guy who needs recognition is blackhand.. of janitor's fame (and POD).. he can kick some serious ass when he actually plays seriously and doesn't..uh.. choose a PDW on airport.

Bondo, I disagree with you, Pig is not an unfriendly guy.. perhaps you just don't know him.. but we've been friends since he joined POD, which was kind of his rise to fame, if I may be so bold as to say that.

BTW: an addition to the RS list might be Mr. Lothario?, who in my game last night, got about double my kills through about 40 games. Wasn't luck either, pure talent.

goddammit this blows
Precious_Roy
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2002, 08:56:45 pm »

Sorry for being away for so long! ?I was trying to fool you guys into thinking I had a life. ?But you have driven me out of silence and out of my fantasy (If I keep telling myself i have a life, maybe it will come true!!)

So as I see it, there are about 20 players who need considering:

JohnNothing, Kordova, Easy Kill, Rogue, Punisher, Piggy, Buffy, Spaz, Meph, any SiX I forgot, Thresher, Sling Blade, Ghost, CAM, Wrath, Blackhand, Ace, Jesse and Jay. ?I may have missed a few. ?Oh well.

so for skill I vote:

1. JohnNothing--no we didnt name the most selective clan on r6 after him, but we might as well have, cause he rocks my world.

2. Kordova--ive played him very little, but he impressed me nonetheless, and ya'll seem to think highly of him.

3. Easy Kill--I've never played someone with such mad fb skillz. I aspire to be him, just more of a jackass.

4. Sling Blade--one helluva Seal, one helluva SiX.

5. This is a tie, blackhand/Piggy. They both are kick ass mofos (and i'm not saying that about black just because he got me orange bowl tickets... Go terps!) ?I've watched as these two take eachother on, and they consider the other one their rival I assure you. ?Piggy with his Deagle on road and black with his PDW on air, my mouth waters at the thought.

That is all for skill. ?What is more important though, is style/humor and for that i rank in the following manner:

1. Jesse--enough said.

2. Loudnotes--the first time i played loud he followed me around the entire level. ?needless to say he was immediatly accepted into the janitors.

3. the jn clan (blackhand/wrath/preciousroy)--because no one has such tking ability, even when weilding benellis, and cause they dont USE THE SHIFT KEY FOR THEIR NAMES LIKE ALL YOU MORons.

4. Rogue's mom--She must have style if we all sleep with her so much.  Plus she bore Rogue.

5. Another tie for 5th here, JohnNothing/Easy KillAce--one has unparalleled sex appeal, one has the aforementioned flashbang skillz, one created the genre of assing. ?What a trio.

Thank you for your time, energy, and sperm.
Syrupy Goodness
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2002, 12:16:51 am »

One final note. The greatest camper of all time deserves some recognition. From sitting in boxes on city street large to paying a mortgage on the house in airport to taking baths in the road river, no one will ever match my favorite and yours, Kampergeek the Klan Killer.

Lol. ?You know, if it didn't get people so riled, I wouldn't do it- but there's just some of you that are SO much fun to piss off, I can't help myself.

I wub u all!

Cheesy
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2002, 01:58:21 am »

Hehe, there is nothing funnier than being on the blue starts for road, hearing foto in team chat say ((SEALs) fotogeek: anyone else up for a bath), and checking to see that the host set no time limit.

*DAMN Postal Worker
*DAMN [SF]

Why don't you make like a tree...and get the fuck

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2002, 12:07:01 pm »

Yea, I haven't been on in a while...so I wouldn't really know whos good now or not.  But I have to say, the 3 guys I respected most were

1. JohnNothing
2. Mauti
3. Ace

Yea, theres my list.  If you want anything else (which you shouldn't...oh...fuck it...thats all im gonna say)

Hey, did anyone forget about me at all?  C'mon guys...admit you miss me a bit.   Wink

*DAMN Postal Worker
SiX_Mr.Buffy

yello?

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2002, 08:49:32 pm »

Hi all,
Long time no see, it's been a while since I've left GR.
Let's see what Buffy has to say about players, after all, I was on GR for quite a while.
I won't list top three, it's hard to. ?But players that come to mind now (it's been a while) Kord, JN, Jami(at his prime he hauled ass), Meph(when stoned), EZ, Rogue, Piggy, Sling, Wrath, HG, Skippy, Ghost, Thresher, WG, Attila and more, but I can't think of any now. ?Too bad I don't have my GR buddy list. ?But I also remember quite a few good clans when I first got into GR: WIRE, BLUE, dos, esp, Real World.
In my opinion, RB6 started to kind of die out after RS came out, but when RB6 was played alot, it was so fun. ?The late nights and jokes, it was great. ?I really miss SiX and GR. ?What is GR like now? ?Any SiX still on much?
-Buffy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads