*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:29:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The Maryland sniper
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Maryland sniper  (Read 19861 times)
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« on: October 06, 2002, 04:05:17 am »

Wow, can you all believe this shit? Some guy is sniping people, he has 5 kills so far, all headshots! Who do you think this guy is?

A. Some disgruntled crazy dude.
B. An ex CIA assassin.
C A military sharpshooter.
D. Or....?

Remeber, this was in an area with alot of retired military and cia. Will they catch this guy, or will he continue to kill at will?

Post your thoughts on this, I know we all have some. I personally think he is an ex CIA assassin who is pissed for some reason....
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 05:26:35 am »

This guy is a crazy dude with a high powered hunting rifle. If he was any of the other choices, he would have chosen men in power, not some random people in parking lots or walking down the street.

Also, hitting people in the head isn't that hard with a hunting rifle with a scope (probably 8-12x zoom) when they are standing still or walking in a straight line. Anyone who has hunted and used this type of weapon has the training on how to use it effectively because if you miss, your target will have ran away by the time you get a second shot.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 05:28:25 am »

Do you think it's funny?  
5 kills so far, all headshots!

This isn't a game of RS.  If some sicko is out committing murders, it's not like a computer game.  Grow up.

< insert clever and original signature here >
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 05:32:41 am »

Clarifying on my last post...

I don't think it is funny in any way, shape, or form. This guy is a psycho who needs to be taken down ASAP before he kills other people.

Also, when I said it was easy to fire a hunting rifle accurately with a scope, I speak from experience. Proper training and target practice (which this guy unfortunately has) makes for this guy to be a deadly and dangerous killer.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
Bondo
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 06:02:52 am »

Why do we let people have guns in this country again?  Oh yeah, I remember, because we have been misinterpreting the constitution and won't come to our senses.  It doesn't matter if 15 kids die in a school shooting or if 5 people are gunned down for no reason in MD...as long as the NRA is happy so is the government.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2002, 06:25:14 am »

"The Right to Bear Arms" - Second Amendment

How the fuck can you misinterpret that? You liberal whack jobs have already gotten your way with Assault Rifles because they are deemed "excessive" but the gun the MD/VA/DC shooter is using is a hunting rifle.

Also think of this: All it takes under your system is for one wingnut to get a gun through the black market to mess it up. Look what happens in Britian anytime there is a gunman - they have a hard time stopping him because he has the power in the situation. BAH, I don't want to have a second amendment argument with a liberal because it will go nowhere.

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 06:49:32 am »

I must agree with you ass. Arguing with a liberal is life draining, but I must make one point.

The Right to Bear Arms is very important. We as Americans have always been under attack for our ideals on freedom and democracy. By dearming our nation, we take away the ability to defend ourselves (the people) against an attack. Originally the amendment was constructed because the American people were afraid the government would drop the constitution and put its own doctrine in place. By having arms we are able to defend what is very precious to us. Yes there's always going to be an abuse of the law in one way or another. No one can stop that. But taking away our freedom and rights is exactly what we wanted not to happen.

Our country is controlled now by excessive laws and unruly lawyers. We can't live our lives without the intrusion of someone or something into our personal lives. Before, we wanted small government so there was no possibility for someone to form a monarchy...but now people want the government to control their lives. People don't want to face the truth or the pain it brings. Just let someone else take care of it.

Hah...Complete and total bullshit I say. People need to wake up from their blind stuper. Democrats and Liberals are so programmed nowadays its really scary. Stop harping on the NRA. Start making a life for yourself instead of having a government employee do it for you.

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2002, 06:50:50 am »

First off, jn....I think nothing is funny, so don?t tell me to grow up. Im probably older than you kid. I made my statement as an explnation point saying 5 headshots is crazy and nothing to laugh about. I was stating he is highly skilled and its scary to see him out there picking off people for no reason. Im not laughing about it at all as I have a family of my own and this shit can happen anywhere anytime.

KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2002, 06:54:14 am »

Wow, can you all believe this shit? Some guy is sniping people, he has 5 kills so far, all headshots! Who do you think this guy is?

A. Some disgruntled crazy dude.
B. An ex CIA assassin.
C A military sharpshooter.
D. Or....?

Remeber, this was in an area with alot of retired military and cia. Will they catch this guy, or will he continue to kill at will?

Post your thoughts on this, I know we all have some. I personally think he is an ex CIA assassin who is pissed for some reason....

Sorry about the double post but I just wanted to say....Kilzo, your post is sick. Does this really excite you? Is it all a game for you? Seriously, it doesn't matter who the guy is or where he shot them. Its the fact that someone is murdering innocent people. You should be outraged...not estatic.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2002, 06:56:09 am by ?(uNt? P?rex » Logged

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
Bondo
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2002, 07:13:00 am »

Sin, the Second Amendment gives the right to have guns in the possesion of a militia, not personal use.  Also, England has less gun violence per capita by a HUUUUGGGEEE margin when compared to the US.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2002, 07:36:19 am »

"The Right to Bear Arms" - Second Amendment

How the fuck can you misinterpret that? You liberal whack jobs have already gotten your way with Assault Rifles because they are deemed "excessive" but the gun the MD/VA/DC shooter is using is a hunting rifle.
Please Sin, I am a libral and I support guns in the United States. You know there was a little thing called gun control in Nazi Germany. It meant that they had the guns and you didnt, thus leaving your self defencless against a police state. Better 15 kids then citizens in concentration camps. BTW Bondo England's general crime rates are very large compared to US. Ture there is less gun violence, but there are more burglaries,rapes, e.t.c.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2002, 07:40:22 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Bondo
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2002, 08:35:58 am »

Yeah...but England is many people in small country...so how does their crime compare to that of the crowded areas in the US.  To compare a high population dense area to the US which is relatively low overall would be misleading.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2002, 08:38:51 am »

Liberal whack job was in referrence to Bondo and some of the other hard line psychos that you see around the U.S. Capitol arguing this type of thing. If you are a liberal and offended, sorry, but it was meant to be aimed a true hardline liberals such as Bondo.

As for your argument about the Nazi Police "state" I don't know who that is aimed towards, Bondo or I, but that would never ahppen in the US as long as we have some rational thinking people running this country.

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2002, 09:33:42 am »

The Nazis implemented gun control and so did Stalin. I was just stating why gun control is bad.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2002, 11:29:03 am »

Expecting rational people to run the country is kind of farfetched. Representative democracy doesn't exactly select for rationality, or intelligence, or steadiness. It selects for the ability to lie and to make sound bites. Elected officials do what their constituents will be happy with, because they want to keep working. Currently, the constituents are cheering on increasing gov't control and surveillance of the populace in the interest of national security. The implications are left to the reader.

Anyhow... pragmatically, gun control is a silly idea. It won't accomplish its most-cited purpose, which is to keep criminals from using guns when they commit their crimes. I offer exhibit A: recreational drugs are illegal in order to keep people from using them. Note the near-total failure of those laws to accomplish that goal. Criminals will still be able to get guns to commit crimes with. The old saw "if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns," is a clich?, but it's true.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2002, 11:42:52 am »

That was a long time ago. Nazi germany doesn't excist anymore(as you hopefully know) and we live now in a modern civilation where you don't need weapons anymore.

I understand the reason behind the law when it was made but nowadays it is just a relict from the founder days.

In Austria you are not allowed to have weapons except you make a "weapon license test". Also there are strict laws how you have to keep the weapons and ammunition.

You are allowed to have weaps and defend yourself however what is wrong with difficult tests and strict laws. With such laws 80percent think twice about if they really need a weapon or not.

In Austria(8million population) only 3-4 guys get killed by a gun per year. When someone gets shot it is something "SPECIAL" and you can find a headline on the news papers. In the USA there is no day where someone doesn't get shot. Yes you have a population of 280+millions but I think there could be less victims with stricter controls and laws.

Regards,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2002, 01:00:09 pm »

Dismissing Cossack's post because the Third Reich isn't around anymore is shortsighted, and brings to my mind the phrase, "those who do not learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it."

Dismissing his post because we "live in a modern civilization" is equally shortsighted. Technological progress most emphatically does not indicate sociological progress.

That said, I do agree that tighter gun control, such as background checks and purchase limits, would be an overall good thing. Banning guns would be futile and would very likely never happen anyway. Of course, given how illogical, unreasonable, and powerful the National Rifle Association is, even the slightest increase in gun control legislation won't be passed.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Bondo
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2002, 04:32:34 pm »

Well, I think Cossack ignoring that banning guns HAS worked in countries without them becoming horrible dictatorships is just as one-sided.  Plus, you have to consider the political aspects...both Germany and the USSR were coming off of extreme changes with their country and were prime to have a dictator step up.  For Christ's sake, Germany supported Hitler, why would having guns change that.  On the other hand England was stable when they banned guns and they have not had any political strife due to it.  So using the history you remind us to consider Loth, it is likely that it would have no impact on how the goverment runs.  Also, as has been seen by the occasional group of people who build up guns and want to break away, their guns don't help them...so that excuse becomes meaningless anyways, having guns or not having guns doesn't matter because the government has more and better trained people to use them if you get out of hand.

P.S. I love how Sin thinks he somehow defeats my arguments simply by calling me a liberal...typical conservative. Wink
« Last Edit: October 06, 2002, 04:36:42 pm by *DAMN Bondo.fwu » Logged
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2002, 04:47:51 pm »

Ok here is what it comes down to. I LIKE SHOOTING MY .22! I am in common mind with Lothario on gun control.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Bandersnatcher
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2002, 08:03:26 pm »

If u only feel like men over there when u carry around a big gun, then  u are poor individuals. If a society is at such a low point that everyone needs weapons at home to feel secure then its nothing to be proud on.
Violence is funny in r6 but NOT in reality. Dont mix it all up.

btw.: i dont think the maryland sniper is fighting a evil nazi or communist goverment (lol). its just a crazy bastard with a rifle that he proably bought at the next supermarket ...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads