*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:59:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Banned... I'm perma'd
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Banned... I'm perma'd  (Read 15346 times)
Bondo
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2002, 09:39:31 pm »

He prefers not to tell us the rules, rather he just bans people with no reason why.
5 1 5 0

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2002, 09:42:45 pm »

Im back th the Forms, Damn all this bull shit bann shit, im sure there is sum way for all you Banned Folks to get back on the Gr! This is Complete Bull SHIT!!!!

lol, just my 2 centz
Oso
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2002, 09:54:40 pm »

He prefers not to tell us the rules, rather he just bans people with no reason why.

bondo look in your GR folder, you will see the rules.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2002, 09:58:52 pm »

Oso, pretty much the rules say that Evill can do whatever he wants, for whatever reason, whenever he wants, thats what it comes down to. 5150, Yes, I can get back on GameRanger, the thing is, when it comes down to it, it's Scott's service, and if he doesn't want me there, then thats his choice, and I'm not one to break that and come back without him permission.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2002, 10:01:34 pm by Typhy T » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
5 1 5 0

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2002, 10:06:08 pm »

Don't fuckin bs me and say you can when you can't, cause if you could you would! No Offence

It's still Bs!
And get on Aim Typhy!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2002, 10:07:00 pm »

First off 5150, I could, second, I am on AIM!

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Bondo
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2002, 10:36:11 pm »

bondo look in your GR folder, you will see the rules.

Sure, there are extremely basic and vague rules that he gives you, but most of what he bans for isn't covered by the ToS but rather is his "interpretation" or in essence banning for things that aren't in the rules.  No where in the rules does it say you can't have Evill as a clan name...and having Evill as a clan name isn't impersonation so there is no rule against it...yet he has drawn issue to it (even if he never actually banned over it).  Additionally it doesn't say you can't have Evill anywhere in your name and I know for sure that i've been banned for that when it was in no way impersonation.
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2002, 02:10:28 am »

Ben, you need to go back to where I say that not every comment is directed at every person.  Please read more carefully.  Bondo was the one doing most of the insults.  The question was why should Evill listen to him when he's being insulted.
So you understand that not only did I get banned without reason, but also that my ban was extended when someone else talked shit on him... This is such bs..

Ben

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
Zaitsev

Radical Me-Lets fight for rights

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2002, 08:59:59 pm »

Ben,
     We were banned, we were let in, we played and died, then you quit. To this day I dont know why you quit but thats just irrelevent. There is a potition going around on a new subject, if you support it with another topic saying to sign it, then it will be widley reconized . Is bondo perma???

Why does kevill perma DAMN Bondo? Makes no sense

Zait

Reply me,

Zait of Virginia
Bondo
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2002, 10:11:52 pm »

No, I'm not perma, I only got one day.
iGnome

Yea .... I wish I had fucked him.

« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2002, 01:19:35 am »

man serriously like scott Kevill has a reason 2 ban anyone he created game ranger we are using it for free you guys should stop bitching jesus i mean hes made rules for game ranger (even though i dont follow them alot) they are rules either follow them or suck it up princess and not use game ranger at all.  Ugh sometimes you guys are like babies even though some people didnt do anything at all its total in his hands so stop bitching have a nice day  Smiley Cheesy
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2002, 01:24:45 am »

man serriously like scott Kevill has a reason 2 ban anyone he created game ranger we are using it for free you guys should stop bitching jesus i mean hes made rules for game ranger (even though i dont follow them alot) they are rules either follow them or suck it up princess and not use game ranger at all.  Ugh sometimes you guys are like babies even though some people didnt do anything at all its total in his hands so stop bitching have a nice day  Smiley Cheesy

Uuuuh. 2 things, I didnt break a rule is one, and two is i didnt bitch... (Much)

I'm curious though... What's the longest thread ever on DAMN Forum? I wanna beat it now...

Ben

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2002, 02:07:53 am »

I skimmed through most of the posts..And even though most of you don't really care what I say or not, figure I'd post my opinion on this. Let the rambling begin!
A few things...
GR is a free application, which Scott put a loooot of work into. Since you aren't paying for it, he can do whatever he wants with it. He could ban me for leaving a room because he was in it, and yes, I would be pissed. However, since I haven't given him a penny, I've gotten a hell of a lot of free entertainment from GameRanger. Now, if we donated money or were paying customers, I'm sure he would listen to some input we had to say about his permabans and such. But the fact is, it's a free application, and he's spent a lot of time on it. Put yourself in his shoes. You're Evill, you're chilling with the kangaroos and whatnot in Australia, being the Dictator of GameRanger. Now, you see people publicly criticizing you, making bad remarks and comments about yourself and your application. That sure would piss me off, especially if I spent all that time making GR, and giving it away for FREE to anyone who wishes to use it. Well then, think about it. If someone was disrespecting you and your product(even if they're just making fun of your user name, or just taking it, whatever the case...no matter how insignificant it may seem to the offender), wouldn't you want to just cut them from your FREE service? I sure would. I'd say to hell with them, and permaban them, and anyone else who was involved. Now, in this case, even if it was just for fun to make a clan called Evill (Or is it Evil, Zak's clan? I dunno the whole story). You fellas need to stop and think about his feelings (Yes, that sounds very corny, and After-School-Programish). The way I see it, the best way to fight against Evill and his bans is to be respectful towards him, and just let him permaban the noobs (not to say Typhy or Ben or anyone else permabanned is a newbie). Once he sees the GR community shows him a bit more respect, maybe he'll cut down on the bans a bit. Anyways, if you treat Kevill and the rest of the community with respect, you won't get banned. It's not that hard...Can't we all just get along? =D Hope someone reads this, cuz it's really freakin' long.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2002, 02:19:27 am »

I skimmed through most of the posts..And even though most of you don't really care what I say or not, figure I'd post my opinion on this. Let the rambling begin!
A few things...
GR is a free application, which Scott put a loooot of work into. Since you aren't paying for it, he can do whatever he wants with it. He could ban me for leaving a room because he was in it, and yes, I would be pissed. However, since I haven't given him a penny, I've gotten a hell of a lot of free entertainment from GameRanger. Now, if we donated money or were paying customers, I'm sure he would listen to some input we had to say about his permabans and such. But the fact is, it's a free application, and he's spent a lot of time on it. Put yourself in his shoes. You're Evill, you're chilling with the kangaroos and whatnot in Australia, being the Dictator of GameRanger. Now, you see people publicly criticizing you, making bad remarks and comments about yourself and your application. That sure would piss me off, especially if I spent all that time making GR, and giving it away for FREE to anyone who wishes to use it. Well then, think about it. If someone was disrespecting you and your product(even if they're just making fun of your user name, or just taking it, whatever the case...no matter how insignificant it may seem to the offender), wouldn't you want to just cut them from your FREE service? I sure would. I'd say to hell with them, and permaban them, and anyone else who was involved. Now, in this case, even if it was just for fun to make a clan called Evill (Or is it Evil, Zak's clan? I dunno the whole story). You fellas need to stop and think about his feelings (Yes, that sounds very corny, and After-School-Programish). The way I see it, the best way to fight against Evill and his bans is to be respectful towards him, and just let him permaban the noobs (not to say Typhy or Ben or anyone else permabanned is a newbie). Once he sees the GR community shows him a bit more respect, maybe he'll cut down on the bans a bit. Anyways, if you treat Kevill and the rest of the community with respect, you won't get banned. It's not that hard...Can't we all just get along? =D Hope someone reads this, cuz it's really freakin' long.

Eh. I never made fun of him... Granted I was AN Evill, but that sure as hell wasn't why he banned me. If it were the other 13 people involved would be banned. I did not call Evill a fag or anything like that till he started banning people because they defended me. I don't even talk to Evill, thus respect given. By the way, I agree he should be able to perma whomever he wants, just it would be nice for a reason...

Ben

Benjamin Franklin
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2002, 03:26:02 am »

ben dont you read your PM's I sent you one long time ago and you didnt answer. PLZ ANSWER.

Retired Mac RS Player.
EUR_Zaitsev

Charlottesville High 2007 Class

« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2002, 03:36:51 am »

Ben. Your whole arguement is invalid. You should not be worrying about the other people that impersonated Evill, you should have worried about yourself. If you had half a brain, you would learn that even though it can be very funny, impersonating an admin gets you banned permantley. Shit, look at Typhy for a pefect example. Is it fair that you were the only one banned ? NO. Would it be fair if you tried to get the rest of the idiots banned for the same reason as you ? Yes. But what is it gonna prove ? That just because you feel you have to take other peole with you ? Take your punishment like a man, and suffer the consieciences like any normal person would.

Ultimo my guess is you would fight this too. It is clear to me that you think Ben's point is invalid however maybe to him it is and if you were there and knew the circumstances you might change your opinion. If its a big deal to him then let it be but if its not to you I think that you should keep that to yourself.

TALO
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2002, 04:20:19 am »

Well Mellow, if you'd do a better job of reading all the posts, you would see that we all honor the fact that it is within Scott's rights to do whatever he wants on GameRanger, we're just commenting on how unfair it is. I think that if I ran GameRanger, I wouldn't put up with people giving me crap, but I would at least try and explain what I disliked about what they were doing, with Scott, you never know anything, he never updates his site, and it's very hard to get him to answer your questions or respond to your emails.

(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2002, 06:17:47 am »

ben dont you read your PM's I sent you one long time ago and you didnt answer. PLZ ANSWER.

Uuuuuh, You haven't sent me a PM. I haven't recieved one for about 4 days. Could you be mistaken? The last one I recieved from you all you said is "Nope"...

Ben

Benjamin Franklin
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2002, 04:14:26 pm »

Typhy: I didn't have time to read all of the posts..cuz 8 pages..of all the same stuff basically. I got the idea. Now, I understand that you fellas think it's unfair, but it's also unfair to bite the hand that feeds you. Anyways. Just my thought on it.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
EUR_Zaitsev

Charlottesville High 2007 Class

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2002, 04:26:12 pm »

And the stick up Evill's ass has now been upgraded from branch to trunk.

BTW, I think Evill is still scared to ban me permanantly because I am...me...runner of all the RS activities.  I still think we need mass revolution...I'm talking the whole RS community on GR...Evill needs to learn that his GR didn't create the Mac gaming community, the people who play on GR do...and he should show us some respect for choosing his app to do it with.

It may be a little lat but I 100% agree with Bondo. Not only is he afraid to ban him but I also agree changes need to happen. We can not justl et this alk in and the our fight burn out and be oppressed.  All these new Gameing things for Mac are opening but there arent enough of us because we all split into the different places. We need to find ONE place OTHER then Gameranger. That why Gameranger is so popular, we know we can find each other there so we go. But if someone, someone big and respected purhaps ben himself would take charge and lead something and actually make changes we just might be able to accomplish what we want to.

To bondo I say "If you hadnt used the words you did, I would have"

TALO
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads