*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:39:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  "MP Server, Come Get Some"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "MP Server, Come Get Some"  (Read 4172 times)
sixhits2
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2004, 04:57:44 am »

The indominable Rebel:

"I will never appologize to him. He banned me for a stupid reason and thats it."

"Sry bro but the past is the past and it should be left there. People arent always angry, it just depends on the mood they are in."

Hmmm, says six.
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 04:26:50 pm »

Uhhh, whos server does it belong to? MP? Who is paying for the bandwidth? MP...

So in other words.. if any of the MP guys decided they didn't like your haircut... or didnt like your name... or just flat out didnt like u.... i think they have every right ot ban you... No matter what their reasons could be. ITS THEIR SERVER REB GET OVER IT AND START HOSTING YOUR OWN! thats all...

I mean I'm going to ban Typhy just becuase he is Typhy.... call it the "typhy" ban. Hey if i am paying for your ass to go play then by all means the bans are coming... for whatever the reason maybe.

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2004, 05:21:07 pm »

This community has gone to shit.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2004, 06:11:09 pm »

Agreed, Viper. The fact this thread has gone on for like 3 days proves it.  Grin

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2004, 07:01:14 pm »

This community has gone to shit.

Some of it. Some of it. Its just a pity that the shitty parts ruin the rest. Can't believe the argument - people can do what they like to their servers, - and if they have rules they expect people to abide by then its just damn good manners to do so. And if they want to behave like ass's then thats also up to them - people will think a lot less of them but thats it.

I mean I'm going to ban Typhy just becuase he is Typhy.... call it the "typhy" ban

That just leaves a bad taste in the mouth...... point taken viper.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2004, 11:47:32 pm »

The community has gone to shit....veterans arent treated with the same respect as they were back in the RS days....too bad.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2004, 12:56:43 am »

you know it has gone to shit, people are applying a double standard to everything and anything now days.  just like nobody came to the forums if they had been  booted form a game because they had been banned form an RS server, now people want good servers, but they don't want to deal with rules and enforcement of rules necessary to run such a server...

it's truly sad

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2004, 08:11:59 am »

hmmmm, i got banned for 'disrespect' after mentioning to the SiX guys i wanted to switch servers due to the bad lag. guess i was supposed to pretend to like 300 ping and 8 fps!

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
Mr.Grey

erm... ^_^

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2004, 08:57:50 am »

have ta agree wit meh sis  the mp server has a pretty aluring ping outside the game but it goes straight to hell inside grrrrrr ppl benifit off it some dont so you get owned totally if you didnt get the short end of a dirty stick

Signed anonymously by Mistah Grey.
Ssickboy

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2004, 09:02:15 am »

Some people just don't get it.  One day the world will change directions and revolve the opposite way.  And still, there will be people that don't understand.  

You don't ask for respect. The moment you stop wanting respect you may begin obtaining it.  

However, It is nice to see that even in virtual world a common sense of decency has it's place.    
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 04:50:53 pm by Ssickboy » Logged

Retire Bush
[dts] Bad_Dude
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2004, 06:26:15 pm »

This community does really suck when I read all the BS !

So many new players here hard to keep track what a noob is and what a vet is ! Grin

I only see a few familiar faces here

Where did the R6 guys go too??

R6 guys is what you call a vet Rebel.  What is RS? Huh
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2004, 09:07:40 pm »

hmmmm, i got banned for 'disrespect' after mentioning to the SiX guys i wanted to switch servers due to the bad lag. guess i was supposed to pretend to like 300 ping and 8 fps!

cook, you were never banned by a member of MP. Deadeye was doing some work over at Bucc's house and was just getting his friend's back.

I'd also like to note your are not currently, nor (except for that one brief incident) have you ever been banned from our server. If you'd taken the time to check our ban page you'll see your name is not on our list.

Also, I take issue with how you presented your case. You make it seem like you got kicked for making an offhanded comment, this is not the case. Deadeye observed you making comments like "this server sucks" and other disrespectful remarks towards the host. That's very disrespectful, though it's certainly not worthy of a ban.

I would like to note that attitudes like that are one of the reasons this community continues to go downhill. We commit our time and resources to providing quality servers freely and openly to the community and in return we get spat on.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2004, 09:16:49 pm »

Being a "veteran" isn't something you get just for being around for awhile. Veteran and Noob are states of mind and states of being. Am I veteran considering I've played on GR since '99? No. I'm a veteran because, mostly, I try to be respectful and I try to have fun. Getting frustrated and venting on DAMN is ok, but then lambasting the community because you're not getting the response you want is just silly. It's childish. And if you want to be treated like a veteran you need to act like it. And when it seems like what you are doing is trying to lay low one clan and their server you seem to be attacking them for personal reasons, ones better left in the pm and email world.

And when you are trying to lay them low you are guilty of exactly what you charge them of. It tends to undermine your point.

Basically, this whole thread smacks of a knife in the back.

Someone is unhappy with somebody else and decides to air their dirty laundry.

But because most ppl realize that GR and DAMN are, indeed, communities and hence require a health dose of mutual respect, even during disagreements, such back stabbing is frowned on at best.

If you want to be unbanned, appologize. Say, I'm sorry you took offence and I'll try to do better next time. Phrase it however you want but the "I'm sorry" bit's the key. If you can't go that far then you will not resolve anything. It's like sex. If you're not man enough to buy the condoms you're not man enough to slip it in.

Sack up, say you're sorry, and you'll gain a shit load of respect for it. Or you can persist in what looks like a personal attack on one clan, Rebel.

And one last thing: Veteran's don't brag about their "ownage" of other people. 'Cause a Veteran is confident enough that he doesn't need to brag.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 09:41:02 pm by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2004, 09:52:53 pm »

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads