*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:53:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  "May Madness" - Who will Kerry's VP be?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "May Madness" - Who will Kerry's VP be?  (Read 4696 times)
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2004, 06:14:15 pm »

And when I say that Bush will be reelected President in 2004......well, if you don't agree with me, then join in on Dr No and Kuza's little bet we have going.....The bet is:

If Bush loses, I have to buy Dr No and Kuza Premium Membership on GameRanger for a year.

If Bush wins, Dr No and Kuza have to come on the forum and say that I am the all-knowing, all-powerful member of the *DAMN Forum.

Simple as that....anyone want to join in on that bet?

I'm in. But let's make it a little more interesting....

If kerry wins, you buy me premium for a year, however, if he wins by 10% or more, you get to buy me one of those Glock 20s you're always talking about. Grin

If Bush wins, I'll come on the forum and say you're the all-knowing, all-powerful member of the *DAMN Forum. And if Bush wins by more than 10%, I'll wear a .bush tag after my name on GR until January 1st, 2005.

And if NADER wins, we all join hands and sing kum-bah-yah while we wait for the Earth to become engulfed by the sun.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2004, 06:21:14 pm »

GS...just because you have a BS in political science, it dosnt make you a political scientist....you actually have to work with it to become on....

Well, sorry guys.....I figured that since I have worked for every Republican Presidential, Governor's, Senator's, Representative's, and Mayor's local campaign effort every year since 1998, it made me a political scientist.  Wow, and all this time those guys have been calling me a political scientist.....I guess I better give them all a call and tell them I've just been lying to them all this time.

You see, people, I am very heavily involved in politics.....just because I'm a Fleet Sales Manager doesn't mean I don't have time to do other things.

Let's see,

1.  I'm also the Vice President of the Air Force Association for the Southern Half of the State of Mississippi.  I am also a Life Member of the AFA.

2.  I'm a member of the American Legion

3.  I'm a member of Civil Air Patrol, with 3 actual aircraft "finds" to my credit.

4.  I'm a member of my local Macintosh User's Group

5.  I'm a member of the North American Auto Dealers Association

6.  I'm a member of the P-38 Lightning National Association

7.  I'm a member of the Air Force Museum Foundation

8.  I'm a member of the American Juvenile Diabetes Foundation

9.  I'm a member of the Republican National Committee

10.  I'm a member of the U.S. Army Ranger Association

11.  I'm a member of the U.S. Army Signal Corps Association

Hmmm.....I'm probably forgetting a few.  So, seems like I have time for a lot of things.  And I make time to participate in ALL of those organizations.....I don't just carry around a little card that says I'm a member!

And when I say that Bush will be reelected President in 2004......well, if you don't agree with me, then join in on Dr No and Kuza's little bet we have going.....The bet is:

If Bush loses, I have to buy Dr No and Kuza Premium Membership on GameRanger for a year.

If Bush wins, Dr No and Kuza have to come on the forum and say that I am the all-knowing, all-powerful member of the *DAMN Forum.

For the last fucking time, nobody gives a flying fuck about any of that bullshit. To us, all you are is a smalldick piece of shit who has to come on here and flash credentials in order to try and create some sort of a reputation. News-flash moron, this is the Internet, the great equalizer. All that matters is how you act, and you act like a fucking prepubescent twelve year old with no sense of self-confidence or self-worth. So take your degrees, take your job, shove them up your ass, and shut the fuck up already.

To everyone else, I suggest you don't reply to GhostSniper anymore. Act like he isn't there. Basically, the same treatment Rapid gets. Don't feed the trolls.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2004, 06:21:40 pm »

I'm in. But let's make it a little more interesting....

If kerry wins, you buy me premium for a year, however, if he wins by 10% or more, you get to buy me one of those Glock 20s you're always talking about. Grin

If Bush wins, I'll come on the forum and say you're the all-knowing, all-powerful member of the *DAMN Forum. And if Bush wins by more than 10%, I'll wear a .bush tag after my name on GR until January 1st, 2005.

You are on Alaric.....so the bet now stands at GhostSniper versus Alaric, Dr No, and Kuza.

And if NADER wins, we all join hands and sing kum-bah-yah while we wait for the Earth to become engulfed by the sun.

If Nader wins, I'm going to sell my computer, my house, and my car and go live like a hermit in the Rocky Mountains.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2004, 06:30:23 pm »

GS...just because you have a BS in political science, it dosnt make you a political scientist....you actually have to work with it to become on....

Well, sorry guys.....I figured that since I have worked for every Republican Presidential, Governor's, Senator's, Representative's, and Mayor's local campaign effort every year since 1998, it made me a political scientist.  Wow, and all this time those guys have been calling me a political scientist.....I guess I better give them all a call and tell them I've just been lying to them all this time.

You see, people, I am very heavily involved in politics.....just because I'm a Fleet Sales Manager doesn't mean I don't have time to do other things.

Let's see,

1.  I'm also the Vice President of the Air Force Association for the Southern Half of the State of Mississippi.  I am also a Life Member of the AFA.

2.  I'm a member of the American Legion

3.  I'm a member of Civil Air Patrol, with 3 actual aircraft "finds" to my credit.

4.  I'm a member of my local Macintosh User's Group

5.  I'm a member of the North American Auto Dealers Association

6.  I'm a member of the P-38 Lightning National Association

7.  I'm a member of the Air Force Museum Foundation

8.  I'm a member of the American Juvenile Diabetes Foundation

9.  I'm a member of the Republican National Committee

10.  I'm a member of the U.S. Army Ranger Association

11.  I'm a member of the U.S. Army Signal Corps Association

Hmmm.....I'm probably forgetting a few.  So, seems like I have time for a lot of things.  And I make time to participate in ALL of those organizations.....I don't just carry around a little card that says I'm a member!

For the last fucking time, nobody gives a flying fuck about any of that bullshit. To us, all you are is a smalldick piece of shit who has to come on here and flash credentials in order to try and create some sort of a reputation. News-flash moron, this is the Internet, the great equalizer. All that matters is how you act, and you act like a fucking prepubescent twelve year old with no sense of self-confidence or self-worth. So take your degrees, take your job, shove them up your ass, and shut the fuck up already.

To everyone else, I suggest you don't reply to GhostSniper anymore. Act like he isn't there. Basically, the same treatment Rapid gets. Don't feed the trolls.

damn ace, your season 7 forum flamer winners icon is in the mail Cheesy

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2004, 06:37:57 pm »

BS is right. The Ohio thing is just some silly superstition. Bush will "win" the election. An official of Diebold the electronic ballot company was quoted by saying, "We will deliver Ohio."

Superstion? Seems to have held true in previous elections, Ohio is key battle ground state. As for the electronic voting machines, most counties have not made a decsion yet because of a public disapproval.

Ps: Who was this offcial?

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2004, 06:42:03 pm »

Ace, stop being an Ass.  I think someone needs to step in and give you a warning for flaming.

Or, is it only GhostSniper that isn't allowed to flame?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2004, 09:47:49 pm »

Posh...

that wasn't a flame....the REAL flames were all against Rapid....

Those were the days...

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 10:56:27 am »

It really doesn't matter who he chooses, because:
HE IS GOING TO LOSE ANYWAY!!!
That's silly. They are almost neck and neck, and many empirical political scientists who predict election results are predicting that this race will be almost as closer or closer than the 2000 election.

Don't talk to me about what other political scientists say.....

I AM A POLITICAL SCIENTIST YOU MORON!!!

You forget that my other degree (besides my BA in History) is a BS in Political Science.  Also, I will soon have my Masters in both History and Political Science.
Although this has already been responded to, I feel the need to respond because of its insulting and quite frankly silly nature. When I use the term "political scientists", I mean professional political scientists. Here are some of the qualifications to be one:
-PhD in political science from a top university
-work in academia, government, campaign, or think tank environment where your knowledge and expertise is required and respected

You have a BS (preposterous in the first place because political science is NOT a science, I should know because I am a Poli Sci major at a real school who only gives out poli sci degrees as BAs, what they SHOULD be) from a third rate university in the south. As was pointed out earlier, your work is intensely biased, which alone discredits the "scientific" term. When I referred to empirical political scientists, I meant those who used hard numbers and math to come to their findings rather than some form of blind partisan intuition. If you want to be taken seriously as a political scientist then don't say such outlandish things.

BTW: While I congratulate you on your high level of civic involvement (seriously, more people should be involved like you are), it does not bolster your claims of expertise in political science. Nor does the fact that you have worked on campaigns; they will take anyone who can answer phones and lick envelopes, believe me I have worked on campaigns at various levels as well.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2004, 03:58:56 pm »

-PhD in political science from a top university
-work in academia, government, campaign, or think tank environment where your knowledge and expertise is required and respected

You do not have to have a PhD to be a political scientist.  Give me a break, in the real world, outside of a campus, a PhD doesn't mean that much.  And from a top university?  That is just crap.

Work in Academia?  Man, I gotta tell you.....I don't trust "academia" for anything.  All "academia" is doing is filling young people's heads with a bunch of bs.

You have a BS (preposterous in the first place because political science is NOT a science, I should know because I am a Poli Sci major at a real school who only gives out poli sci degrees as BAs, what they SHOULD be) from a third rate university in the south.

If you knew anything about the time period when I got my BS in Political Science, you would also know that it was given out quite frequently then.  It has only been in the past 10 to 15 years that colleges changed it from a BS to a BA.  By the way, I took the extra classes to make it a BS because you have to have a BS, not a BA, to get a commission in the U.S. Military (that is a little-known fact).

From a third rate university in the south???  You call the AIR UNIVERSITY, of the U.S. Air Force, a third rate university???  Dude, where do you think all of the Flag Ranks--Generals, Admirals, Foreign Leaders (from every branch of the military) go for their higher education?  More of these leaders get their PhD and Masters degrees from there than anywhere else.  It is one of the top Universities in the country and it is only available to the military.  Also, some of my classes did come from MS State University and the University of Southern Miss, but I also have many many courses from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.  I would hardly call Embry-Riddle a third rate university in the south.

BTW: While I congratulate you on your high level of civic involvement (seriously, more people should be involved like you are), it does not bolster your claims of expertise in political science. Nor does the fact that you have worked on campaigns; they will take anyone who can answer phones and lick envelopes, believe me I have worked on campaigns at various levels as well.

I wasn't answering phones and licking envelopes.....I was giving campaign advice to the candidates.  You see, EXPERIENCE means more to these people than how many letters you have after your name (PhD doesn't mean much when a guy with a BS has better ideas).

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 09:27:54 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2004, 04:06:25 pm »

a PhD doesn't mean that much

Thats funny... In the rest of the world it means rather a lot.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2004, 09:31:14 pm »

NO, IT DOES NOT.  All it means is you have an education.  Big deal.  Do you think Steve Jobs has a PhD?  How many Presidents have a PhD?  Those little initials behind your name don't mean shit.  I've known some of the dumbest people (talking common sense here) that had PhD after their name.

cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2004, 09:43:15 pm »

NO, IT DOES NOT.  All it means is you have an education.  Big deal.

Hmm...well I guess thats why you are a car salesman who spends eight hours a day posting on a gaming forum.

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2004, 09:54:10 pm »

Hmm...well I guess thats why you are a car salesman who spends eight hours a day posting on a gaming forum.

No, not a car salesman....a Fleet Sales Manager.

The difference is:  When I was a car salesman I only made $60,000 to $80,000 a year.  Now I make $150,000 to $250,000 a year.  All that and no PhD behind my name.

P.S. The vast majority of people with PhD behind their name don't make what I make.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2004, 09:06:12 am »

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2004, 10:16:01 am »

Aww, but it's so tempting? his posts in this thread have been a parade of retardism.

Yet I will follow your advice and resist the urge to respond.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2004, 04:20:53 pm »

Look Ace, you seem to be the only one on the forums with a problem with Free Speech.  I suggest you either shut up about it or meet me somewhere so we can handle our little problem like men.

Either put up or shut up man.  I'm really tired of your shit.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2004, 06:18:36 pm »

Look Ace, you seem to be the only one on the forums with a problem with Free Speech.  I suggest you either shut up about it or meet me somewhere so we can handle our little problem like men.

Either put up or shut up man.  I'm really tired of your shit.

Ahh, there's nothing like a man exercising his right to free speech than by showing he has absolutely no clue about what it really means. But, hey, that's why I love our country.

PS - I know I'm a flaming hypocrite for breaking my own rule so early, but come on, wouldn't you in this situation?

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 06:26:06 pm »

GS i think somehow if you had a PhD you wouldn't slag it of quite as much as you do. And YES sorry but IT does mean somthing. It means someone has worked bloody hard towards somthing, and is recongnised of being at a significantly high level of knowledge etc in that area. Talk shit about it but it dosn't change the fact a PhD is a highly regarded qualification.

better to listen to Ace i guess

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 06:38:41 pm »

Okay, look, no flaming here.....Ace, BFG, Typhy, VooDoo....and anyone else that I never get along with....please read:

I have my opinions....you guys have your opinions.  That's great.  I may not agree with how you think, and you may not agree with how I think.  That's great, too.  I don't really want to get into some big flaming war on the forums with you guys.  I think we could all just accept that each of us has our own opinions on things and just listen to what each other says without getting into flame wars.

So I call a truce.  I wont call any of you stupid fucking morons for thinking the way you do, and you don't tell me I don't know what the hell I'm talking about for thinking the way I do.  All agreed?

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 01:16:18 am »

Now I make $150,000 to $250,000 a year.  All that and no PhD behind my name.

I knew it. I just fucking knew it! Ghost is a rich motherfucker!

No wonder he likes Bush! Rich boy it getting fatter off all those tax cuts and throw backs while us normal people are all getting slimmer!

(tongue stuck firmly in cheeck)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 01:24:36 am by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads