*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:16:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  "May Madness" - Who will Kerry's VP be?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "May Madness" - Who will Kerry's VP be?  (Read 4693 times)
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« on: May 04, 2004, 03:56:28 am »

Kerry VP Brackets.
CNN made a fun game out of Kerry's search for a VP. Personally, I would love to see a Kerry-McCain ticket or a Kerry-Clinton ticket, but neither of those are likely to happen any time soon. I like that Iowa's governor, Tom Vilsack, is one of the top contenders too, but I think the most likely choices for Kerry are conservative southerners.

Edwards of NC, Nelson of FL, and Richardson of NM deserve to be considered as the most serious choices in my opinion. Who do you guys think he will pick/should pick?

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 05:04:14 am »

It really doesn't matter who he chooses, because:

HE IS GOING TO LOSE ANYWAY!!!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 05:20:16 am »

Shut your pie-hole GS. Dont ruin our fun speculating who the VP canidate will be.

Now there is word around the office (I work for my local congressman) that he (Lloyd Dogget) is being considered for Kerry's VP spot. I hope it comes true.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 09:27:45 pm »

Well, seeing as he is a Roman Catholic from Massachusetts, he will end up picking a Southerner who is more centralized in his politics, a woman, or a minority.

However, I doubt Edwards will run for VP because he doesn't want to destroy his political career while it is still young.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 10:06:34 pm »

Sack...no offense but Lloyd Dogget is a loon...

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 10:55:28 pm »

That's silly. They are almost neck and neck, and many empirical political scientists who predict election results are predicting that this race will be almost as closer or closer than the 2000 election.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 12:27:10 am »

My picks for VP; Max Cleland, Wesley Clark or Bill Richardson. On another note, a great site for sifting through the slew of lies concoted by the right; http://mediamatters.org/

PS: Bush is un-American because he is using Canadian buses on his tour(Kerry uses the American made rival), or so it would seem if I used the logic of the right(the same logic that claims Kerry votes against specific weapons systems).  

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 01:04:24 am »

this race will be almost as closer or closer than the 2000 election.

That settles it. I'm moving to Florida. Who's with me?

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 02:26:27 am »

That's silly. They are almost neck and neck, and many empirical political scientists who predict election results are predicting that this race will be almost as closer or closer than the 2000 election.

Don't talk to me about what other political scientists say.....

I AM A POLITICAL SCIENTIST YOU MORON!!!

You forget that my other degree (besides my BA in History) is a BS in Political Science.  Also, I will soon have my Masters in both History and Political Science.

Now, I'm telling you, Bush will be re-elected President in 2004.  And I still have a bet with Dr. No and Kuza on the subject (a bet which they will lose).  Anyone who thinks that Kerry actually has a chance at winning the Presidency is as warped in the head as he is.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 02:31:08 am by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 02:42:24 am »

Move to Florida, please! We need voters who know what they're doing. Smiley I'll be voting.  Grin All of our voters are confused, senile individuals with Republican tendencies. Doesn't "Republican tendencies" sound dirty? Anything with "tendencies" on the end does.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 03:18:48 am »

Ghost, being a Political Scientist you should know that no Republican President has carried the majority of electoral votes without winning Ohio. It's simple, if Bush doesn't win Ohio he doesn't get reelected.

Being an Ohioan I have made it my personal Jihad to see that Bush does not win this state.

169,700 Ohio manufacturing workers have become unemployed since Bush took office, trust me he will not win Ohio, and therefore will not be reelected.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 05:43:28 am »

McCain wouldn't do it. i honestly think edwards or richardson would be his best bet.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 05:56:58 am »

Ghost, being a Political Scientist you should know that no Republican President has carried the majority of electoral votes without winning Ohio.

Hey, first time for everything.  Smiley

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 06:25:25 am »

BS is right. The Ohio thing is just some silly superstition. Bush will "win" the election. An official of Diebold the electronic ballot company was quoted by saying, "We will deliver Ohio."

This is for Py and any other Central Texan:
How the god damn hell is Dogget a loon? Explain yourself Py! Dogget is sexy, he protects my job, and I dated his daughter for two weeks. What more do you want from a congressman? Also, you are from Lago Vista and you are not in his constituency. So chill out and do something stupid with Mansfield Dam. Not to mention he wins by 80% every time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 08:40:24 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2004, 07:26:47 am »

I nomiate Ghost Sniper as VP.

He'll bring in the wingnuts.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2004, 01:34:37 pm »

GS...just because you have a BS in political science, it dosnt make you a political scientist....you actually have to work with it to become on....you are a car salesman, and I cant believe I had to remind you.

And please stop slapping your degrees around....impressive the first time...now it has become annoying.

Who will kerry choose as a Vp..who knows...will he win? who knows....

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
abe 2.0
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 02:57:22 pm »

Dude,
Having an undergrad degree in poli sci doesnt make you a political scientist...i have one too. And it definately doesnt allow you to make predictions about the outcome of an election that will be held six months from now. Even people who deal with polls and election behavior for a living have no idea who will win since so much can happen between now and november, so predictions coming from a car salesman with the analytic capacity of a peanut are worth shit....no offense.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2004, 03:31:20 pm »

GS...just because you have a BS in political science, it dosnt make you a political scientist....you actually have to work with it to become on....

Well, sorry guys.....I figured that since I have worked for every Republican Presidential, Governor's, Senator's, Representative's, and Mayor's local campaign effort every year since 1998, it made me a political scientist.  Wow, and all this time those guys have been calling me a political scientist.....I guess I better give them all a call and tell them I've just been lying to them all this time.

You see, people, I am very heavily involved in politics.....just because I'm a Fleet Sales Manager doesn't mean I don't have time to do other things.

Let's see,

1.  I'm also the Vice President of the Air Force Association for the Southern Half of the State of Mississippi.  I am also a Life Member of the AFA.

2.  I'm a member of the American Legion

3.  I'm a member of Civil Air Patrol, with 3 actual aircraft "finds" to my credit.

4.  I'm a member of my local Macintosh User's Group

5.  I'm a member of the North American Auto Dealers Association

6.  I'm a member of the P-38 Lightning National Association

7.  I'm a member of the Air Force Museum Foundation

8.  I'm a member of the American Juvenile Diabetes Foundation

9.  I'm a member of the Republican National Committee

10.  I'm a member of the U.S. Army Ranger Association

11.  I'm a member of the U.S. Army Signal Corps Association

Hmmm.....I'm probably forgetting a few.  So, seems like I have time for a lot of things.  And I make time to participate in ALL of those organizations.....I don't just carry around a little card that says I'm a member!

And when I say that Bush will be reelected President in 2004......well, if you don't agree with me, then join in on Dr No and Kuza's little bet we have going.....The bet is:

If Bush loses, I have to buy Dr No and Kuza Premium Membership on GameRanger for a year.

If Bush wins, Dr No and Kuza have to come on the forum and say that I am the all-knowing, all-powerful member of the *DAMN Forum.

Simple as that....anyone want to join in on that bet?

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2004, 04:02:01 pm »

Sorry, but all that work does not make you a political scientist. Makes you involved in politics, but as you are biased(republican) you fail the requirement of becoming a scientist. Perhaps you see this differently, but I do not. But as this is said......Wow.....you do a lot for causes you believe in....when do you sleep?

And no, wont join you in that bet. Do not feel that it is in my place as I am not american. But I await the result of your bet with anticipation

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2004, 04:24:30 pm »

Hold on so you have to fork out 80 dollors or so if you loose.... and Dr No and Kuza have to come on here, kissl your ass and lie on the forum?

But Dr No and Kuza will probably loose, bush will just have his little bro help rig the votes again and bobs your uncle

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads