*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:36:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I'M AN NEW GHR GAMER IN NEED OF SOME COUNSEL  (Read 4451 times)
Silos06

« on: December 13, 2005, 06:31:37 pm »

I DOWNLOADED GAMER RANGER TO FIND SOME GAMES ONLINE FOR GHR. THE ACTIVATION LINK THAT THEY SENT FAILS TO LOAD. DOES ANYONE KNOW A LINK. WHAT TO DO?Huh??
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 09:05:41 pm »

Firstly, there is an amazing thing called the "CAPS LOCK" ...  please for gods sake turn it off!

Secondly, you need to explain exactly what the problem is... and what activation link your referring to!!

Thirdly since i can track both you and your IP id be very interested to know why you have posted as a new member as "Silos06" when you have already registered twice from your location both as =US= Punisher and Musk_Melon

Much Appreciated

BFG

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 09:40:24 pm »

hold on BFG same location as in Same i.p.?  Like =US= PUNiSHER and GhRa>Musk Melon share the same ip? with this fellow?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 09:44:51 pm »

hold on BFG same location as in Same i.p.?  Like =US= PUNiSHER and GhRa>Musk Melon share the same ip? with this fellow?

Very interesting.  Since Dark seconded that, I'd like to make it unanimous and find out the truth behind this.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Po~ReverendMoss

Teabaggin' griefers since the Dawn of the Milennia

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 10:12:42 pm »

LMFAO~ that's just too damn sweet Smiley

They always forget that admin's get the IP just under their names

:End Transmission:
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 10:32:21 pm »

I don't want to say anything other than  Yes both of the following accounts are tracked from the same IP that Silos06 has just posted from:

•  =US= Punisher
•  GhRa>Musk Melon

As an Admin i can't help but keep an eye on 'guest' posters and 'unusual' posts... its interesting which names sometimes pop up!

If you would like to explain to me the reason for this occurrence I'm perfectly happy for it to be done by PM on this forum or at my usual bfg@damnr6.com email address.
However considering the implications regarding the *DBL and the respective clans involved regarding the two accounts above i suggest you provide me with an explanation, and fast.

Many Thanks

BFG

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 06:19:29 am »

Another thing we could check was if they ever CB'd Against each other...

Actually I just spent time checking, Musk Melon seems to have never cb'd for GhRa, and if he has, it has not been against =US=[/size]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 06:30:23 am by DarK. » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 06:52:31 am »

Interesting.......the plot thickens  Shocked

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 08:29:54 am »

Ok, so I look on GR, Im not sure what musk's acount number is although I think it is this (192464) The location is a good 300 miles away from where =US= PUNiSHER's location is.

Although as tigah says below me, you can change your location in GR.
[/size]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 08:34:35 am by DarK. » Logged

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 08:32:56 am »

you can change your location...

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
th.Sentinel

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 09:54:32 am »

How about dynamic IP's, if they are both using the same ISP.
It can all just be a coincidence... PARANOIA Hmmm

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 04:49:34 pm »

Or there are just three idiot brothers living in one house maybe?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Civrock

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 05:34:00 pm »

Or there are just three idiot brothers living in one house maybe?

...or they are one and the same person. Roll Eyes There are no such coincidences with ISPs, security reasons.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 07:46:46 pm »

But they could still be three brothers...of course, I'm not sure why the last one had to download GR if both the other brothers had it in the first place.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 09:34:42 pm »

I am sick of the bullshit that goes around on these forums.  You people always jump to conclusions without gathering your information first.
I'm on a 56k modem with AOL service and I believe Musk Melon is also on 56k modem, our IP address changes everytime we sign on so its possible to get the same IP address at times.  And I have no idea why the Silo guy would have the same IP because I was playing in the same room as that guy last night unless he is also on 56k.  I'm switching over to 6MB Comcast Cable on Christmas, so I only have to put up with 56k for 11 more days.
I'm pleased to announce this will be my last season playing for this DBL league so I don't have to deal with the daily bullshit that you people live off of. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 09:43:29 pm by =US=PUNiSHER » Logged
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 09:48:54 pm »

I'm on a 56k modem with AOL service and I believe Musk Melon is also on 56k modem, our IP address changes everytime we sign on so its possible to get the same IP address at times.  And I have no idea why the Silo guy would have the same IP because I was playing in the same room as that guy last night unless he is also on 56k.

Wow, that's some coincidence.

I'm pleased to announce this will be my last season playing for this DBL league so I don't have to deal with the daily bullshit that you people live off of. 

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Po~ReverendMoss

Teabaggin' griefers since the Dawn of the Milennia

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 11:34:19 pm »

Ha!
 clapping hands
Best
Thread
Evar

ReverendMoss does not live off of daily bullshit... that's just a coincidence.

:End Transmission:
RoeM

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 02:59:28 am »

OMG! YOu guys get bored and need some witch hunts to keep u busy from time to time? No wonder this league is shrinking in activity. I have known and played with punisher for a long time now and this stuff and the conclusions jumped to is just beyond rediculous and probably not worth responding if it wasnt for all my 'buddies' jumping on the bandwagon to twist those knives stuck in Puns back just a bit. Punisher is not Musk melon. That guy used to play on my server alot, even during the time that Punisher was allready using Hook's deserted/donated premium account. LOL I truly doubt you guys would make very good detectives in the real world as you would get suid for libel or slander quite often probably.

Cummon guys lighten up, Musk Melon was a much better player! Wink Anyway, believe what you want, I have no reason to believe he is Musk.

WHATEVER!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 06:31:21 am by RoeM » Logged
WeedWacker

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 04:10:20 am »

I think people know Punisher and I are not on good terms, but to accuse him of this based on IP addresses, which are normally dynamic, is BS.  I know my IP changes everytime I reboot...how can tracking IPs be a valid way to "track people" Clueso?  Get a life...it's people like you that make Clans and DamnR6 unfun. 

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Civrock

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 04:51:00 am »

IPs ARE what identify people online, dynamic or not. Two people, even if it's the same ISP respectively especially if it's the same ISP, can't have the same IP for quite a long amount of time. They're connected to a so-called hostname which always stays the same for a household, even if the IP changes. Also,  dynamic IPs are assigned with certain ranges for certain areas, and the distance of how far Punisher and Musk_Melon live away from each other according to their GR profiles... is nonsense. As posted before, security reasons. There is NO doubt whatsoever that these three accounts have posted from the same internet connection. It's more likely that a pig comes flying through your window than three (or even two) different people on the same forum have the same IP but don't use the same connection.

Waaah, waaah, waaah... witchhunt!
lol
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 04:54:10 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads