*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:48:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Using sensors in ghr
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Using sensors in ghr  (Read 4903 times)
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2003, 01:29:22 am »

Rainbow 6 sucks. lol

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2003, 10:48:16 am »

I could go either way on the TI issue,
When i spawn i can generaly tell where the other team is gonna be just from memory of the inserts. If you can't tell from that wait for them to shoot or tk first. Aside from that i think that the TI would only add more work for a server to do, hence adding bandwidth & cpu cycles to the clients and server.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2003, 06:33:25 pm »

TI, target indicator? If so, I don't think that shit helps at all anyway and if you've played a couple of times you basically know where all the inserts are.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Saberian 3000

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2003, 05:44:42 am »

To awnser Kami's question, yes, I do say far out a hell of a lot.  I guess you can say I am a prodigy of Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke.  But what the hell, I just like saying it cause it can be an awnser for so many different statements heh.      Anyway, I do find this happening all the time in Multiplayer games that I go into.  It seems if it is not someone barking about one thing ya do it's another.  To be honest, Ghost recon is a game of strategic combat.  Yes, the word strategic is used because it dosent mean NOT using the equipment that you were given in the game to use, nor does it mean that you cant lay in the prone position while sniping someone.  Or it dosent mean that you cant use the terrain as a buffer from inccoming attacks.  Weather it be hiding behind a tree, wall, stump, rock, cave, or ditch.  It should all be allowed, period.  There should be no bitching about any legal kill made in Ghost recon.  RS, well, that is a different story when it comes to stacking.  It just blows me away how many people bitch thru their ass cause of kills made by someone who dosent want to get shot.  If they get too many kills in a game in one area then they are called campers, when in fact they should be called smart because the enemy was dumb enough to try the same tactic over and over again.  I mean it's crap to think that people get soo butt-hurt when ya play the game how it was supposed to be played.
    When I was in the military the ARMY didnt teach me to be a walking target like fucking Rambo.  They taught us to be covert and use cover and flanking tactics.  For these idiots to say that there is a wrong way and a right way to kill a person is bullshit, or for that fact when they tell ya how to play the game.  I mean they take the whole point of Strategic placement out of the game when they try to say that sniping even with a sniper rifle is either camping or some type of bullshit glitch.  Either way, the sniper can be taken out.  It's just the people that bitch dont want to have to work for their kill.  So in the end I must say that people that bitch unrelelntlessly are either: A. a newb  B. real bad at warfare tactics.  C. Dumb as hell  or D. just plain ignorant on how warfare is really done.

+MOD+Saberian.CBl

Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2003, 06:09:14 am »

To add a comment about accuracy, i think the best strategy is the spray and pray. I mean when i play as support, and i see an enemy, i fire there, scare the shit out of them, and hopefully one of the bullets hits them in the legs, or even kills them.  But hey, that is me and my logic.  Cool Embarrassed

Another thing is the ditches... i hate them, i mean to hide in them! you are vonerable to frags. that is why smoke is the best, one they dont see you very well. Thus causing them to just GLANCE there. From there you sneek out behind an object, so when they realize that was a guy they will fire over there allowing you to get a good angle and kill them. Again that is my logic, it could also be that it is really late tonight and i have a report to finish.

Blitz  Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
[TRIBE] ghost.fr
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2003, 11:08:12 am »

Why cant we agree on switching off sensors and play without, it help for avoiding traps and camping like sab

And favorise more tactical movement of flanking and rushing

Is that stupid to say
Valdar

Only the best

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2003, 05:32:46 pm »

Well without sensors you can't peak around corners. You can't tell if someone is in that highly fortified spot until you run through the death trap.  It will be a lot easier to miss the opponent. The advantage will go a lot more to that person who is in a great sniping spot and does not move.  With sensors, you have a chance of catching that guy who spends most of his time in a great camping spot.

Valdar

Only the best

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2003, 05:53:31 pm »

A good situation that proves my point happens in embassy. Team B spawns to the southwest and then rushes to points of high cover where they can guard the 2 entrances to the base.  Team A goes around methodically overturning every rock. They come to a southwest and BAM they are dead.  Now Team A is down 1 man and is going to lose if unless they can kill 1 or more of team B. In this situation, if team B has small amount of skill and a big amount of patience, they are going to win.  Yet with sensors, you can place them and you now have a chance of killing that entrenched opponent.
[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2003, 08:50:19 pm »

camping or sensor camping is part of the game. i have lost using that tactic and have won using that tactic. to use the analogy of the embassy that someone brought up is a good example. if you enter a spot where you think is a good camping spot you place your own sensors and call in reinforcements. i think this issue is a non issue if your a good individual and team player. it takes a team to win no matter if your entering a trap or your out in the open.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2003, 11:08:39 pm »

I agree with Jeb on the TI issue. I could go either way. On one hand playing with the TI on would change the game element and speed up the game. But on the other hand, with the TI off, the clans that practice tactics have the advantage. With the TI off its all about tactics and surprise. As for the sensor issue, i have only seen a few instances with clans that use the "sensor trap". In the 7 vs 7 battle against DEA the game went hella fast, was fun, and saw no prolonged camping. I can truely say that I have seen other clans use this "cheap" sensor trap tactic though. You know who you are.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2003, 01:54:14 pm »

well if hte camper doesnt have sensor he doesnt know from where you are coming
and you can kill him. If you are attacking and dont have a sensor your skill can tell you where the camper is , behind the rock and not in the middle of the field waving to you.
And you can use enemy sensors for your good , the camper sees on his map and sees
4 enemys coming his way from all directions , he panics and runs away and gets shot.
what if u cant get to te camper without dieing , just nade him to hell.

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Saberian 3000

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2003, 07:36:19 am »

I am glad to hear all of you're comments on this issue.  it is important to know and understand the issues that are presented here.  And for that I appreciate both sides of this partiular issue.  In the end, I believe that because of the even belief of tactics that are discussed here this issue should not be an issue but it is.  People all the time bitch about camping or sensor camping.  I ahve witnessed someone from every clan do it.  Hell, I do it myself, but lately I have not used sensors because I like to experiment with other ways of playing.  Either way, it is true.  People bitch all the time when I play sniper with a sniper rifle and I am camping.  Or even if I am outnumbered and I happen to have sensors.  So the only option left is to sensor camp and try to beat the odds.  It happens to all of us.  It's like in the last part of a LMS game online and the last guy is seriously outnumbered and knows it he set's up what you could say is a Last Stand.  If this is bullshit to people cause he wants to win then the others are pretty damn stupid.  
    I like to believe that people would do the same things in this game as in real life, if you were in that scenario.  Offensive tactics are one thing and well used by many clans at one point or another of the CB.  But defensive tactics should not be considered camping cause you are waiting for the brunt of the attack.  It is called smart to know when to be offense and know when to be defense.
     Sensors are part of the game, and they are there for a reason.  You can use them for offense of defense.  I think that is well established.  So to conclude this camping should not even be said at all for Ghost recon.  Except for the one exception of an offensive team member camping in a Siege game cause he is the last guy.  The object of that game is to get to the smoke point or destination point not to camp for the offensive team.  

H e L L B e N T

"shift_passion"

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2003, 03:38:21 am »

No matter how cheap of lame it is, we all have to face this fact. It's a tactic. Many many army's (armies ??) Use it. Now don't get me wrong, I really look down on camping. It's a pretty unfair and unsporting way to get the win. But as much as I used to bitch about campers, I have come to realzie that they can be easily defeated, when using caution.  Now there are a couple kinds of camping, the lame kind which involevs spawning dropping sensors and just sitting, and what I like to call "Creative Hiding" which involves advancing to a point dropping a sensor and just chilling out. I look down on both, but I have used both in CBs (I don't carrie sensors, so technically it wasn't me, heheh). The truth is, we all camp at one time or another, it's part of the game, but a wise man once said "All things in moderation" so with that in mind I leave it up to the pro campers to decided what to do when they are in the next game. Contiune your habits, get a few kills and get rushed by some crazy ass foo with an MP5 (more than liekly Fusion) and get shot up fully automatic, underpowered glory.
vv^^.sys
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2003, 11:22:19 pm »

No one has ever heard me complain about camping.

1.) It is part of the game.  If you kill me, good for you.  If you kill me while camping then I'm the stupid one.

2.) Anti-camping = Grenades

There's not really a spot I can think of that you can't clear with either hand frags or the OICW (sorry, but the M136 is a death trap versus skilled players). It's all about the angles. There's usually always a way you can clear a spot you suspect a camper/sniper may be lurking.

And no, I don't EVER stay in one position (camp). Mobility is my motto.
Saberian 3000

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2003, 06:58:44 am »

Wow, I wrote this section on using Sensors in ghr right at the beginning of the 3rd season.  I am still suprised that it is going strong.  Obviously people must still have concerns about sensors.  Well, since i started this post I learned many things.  
1.  I have much more fun with nades then sensors Grin
2.  Sesnors will always be used in CB's by every team to camp a perimiter.
3.  OICW is not the most accurate gun
4.  U have to be a serious camper if you use all 4 sensors with the mp5 Grin
5.  Play Ghost recon while taking one hit of pot, it makes it much more intense.  Not too much cause then ya trip a little too hard Grin
(Dont get me wrong, I haven't smoked pot in like 9 months but would love some right about now Grin)
6.  Spawn killing in Multiplayer games is an art, and if ya dont like it ya got 4 choices:
    A. Dont die
    B. Defend ure spawn point
    C. Kill me before I get there
    D. and my favoraite, kill ureself before I get to ya, It's safer that       way Grin
7.  It more fun when on siege in defense to go offense and trip out the offensive ARMY Grin (boy the newbs get pissed when ya kill them near where they spawn.  They say stupid shit like, plz dont spawn kill, because they suck so bad that they have no other recourse.
8.  And the most important of all especially if you are a newb. Dont keep going the same way over and over.  Usually people develop a pattern for playing styles and preferences.  If they catch you in one spot they are pretty certain taht if you are close enought you will go the same way again.  Then if ya do decide to go the same way for some other motive like the revenge kill make sure you dont stand out llike an idiot.  Try taking cover behind something.  That usually helps with deflecting those annoying little people killers that enemies seem to shoot out at you so furiously.

Thank you guys for the psots and howdiedoo!

+MOD+saberian

P.S.  Shit, I think I better call it a night. thinking too much of Mary Jane
 Sad

Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2003, 09:48:19 pm »

4.  U have to be a serious camper if you use all 4 sensors with the mp5 Grin

Wow, thanks.. But ask any team that has played me when I have an mp5 and they will tell you that I dont camp  Grin.

Don't be Angry when I get you with my mp5......  
Oh wait, you thought I was camping.....  Embarrassed   Suprise...

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads