*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:33:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Using sensors in ghr
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Using sensors in ghr  (Read 4905 times)
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« on: February 21, 2003, 12:05:32 am »

I will admit, we are a new clan in ghr.  I believe that when in a CB anything can be used to help in the overall victory.  I don't know how many times in RS that my old clan STFU was beaten from people doing what they call camping and whatnot.  The simple fact is that it is a legal move, and until they change it in BL then the tactic is very well versed by all clans, weather they admit it or not in one form or another.  The definition of camping is quite undefined.  Some people think that camping under their definition is the ability to sit in one spot until another player comes within range and taking them out.  Another definition of camping is when someone has a specific area covered and they move from one position to another to ensure the secured area is not violated from another direction.  In our last CB we were accused of doing the later by putting sensors in key locations and waiting within an area and picking them off.  
     Tell me what is wrong with this strategy?  Was I supposed to be the one walking into their trap or were they supposed to walk into mine.  Who knows, but in the end we decided that against the clan we were battling it was the best course of action, considering that they would have done the same thing if they had half a brain to do so.  Many clans use this strategy and in most games in the CB we actually did not use this tactic with the sensors.  Although, we did study the map, as any good clan would do, and we did realise what the most common area's that the enemy would try and flank us, and outflanked them.  So if we win like this is that called camping?  I am sure to the other clan that is losing it is, but let's face it.  They (One in particular) did not want to hear that, and there was no point into getting into a heated argument with him about it.  It's like they want to cb us, and at the same time they have the gaul to tell us how to play.  Bullshit!  We did not cheat, we did not camp either.  we use strategy and skill to win the game.  It just blows me away that the clan we just fought is so butt hurt about the crap that they are telling lies about us saying that we camp.  I could argue about it on GR, but the thing I learned from RS being in another clan at the time is that arguing solves nothing, and in the end creates more bullshit.  
    The guy on the other team that was against us was really going off on us about shit we didnt do and I admit, Israeli talked some shit to him saying that we were, to piss him off goading him on more.  True to that it was not the best thing to do, but the other player was being a serious ass, cause he was seriously losing.  I mean if this clan we fought was soo good, then why couldn't they counter those moves that we had setup for them during the CB.  It was legal in battleleague and that one player on the opposite team was being a total ass.  No matter what the excuse.  So he can talk his shit on GR, that's fine in trying to say why he lost the cb.  Whatever.  I am speaking my mind about this once, and here it is.  so take it for what you will.  I have been on GR for at least 5 years and not once have ever been accused of camping.  But if camping is using sensors in key locations to know the movements of the enemy then i guess I am guilty.  And for those who think we were just sitting there, fuck them.  They are just pissed that we won.  It's an inmature way to be especially since the clan we fought was supposed to be one of the more versed clans in ghr.  Hell, what can ya do?  Just listen to their habitual whining I guess.  well, only one was seriously whining, and I am not going to mention who itt was for fear of starting up another bullshit argument.  Just heed the words, and stop whining.  End of story.

+MOD+ Saberian
                                                      Meathods of Destruction

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 01:53:02 am »

The only thing wrong with it is that it's unsportsmanlike to set a sensor trap and never move from it.  A classic camp.

If both teams did it, not only would you fall asleep, but you'd both tie every game.  Hence, not sporting.  That's it.  Anyone can do it.  But to just set the sensor and wait is kinda cheap.

Setting sensors and still moving is pretty much OK in my opinion.  You may catch a glimpse of someone and speed the game along, of find them camping. So it's not the sensors, it's just how you use them.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 07:09:25 am »

Ya I usually find sensors are best when you are not camping and they allow you to see whats in places you are not.

A sensor trap is an easy thing to do and it's brutal if you do it over and over.

Althought with the way map selection works it would be rediculous for the losing clan to choose the same map over and over !!! Smiley

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 10:15:27 am »

Hahahah! Grin  That's why RS is better than GhR!  HB Jammers!!!

That's why most Campers, Hate RS Wink  Because of the Jammers! Shocked  Go figure! Cheesy
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 04:23:25 pm »

That's why theres so many more RS games going on then GhR right?!?!? Smiley Wink

Wait.....hahahahahaha.

RS is dead.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
Saberian 3000

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 04:26:40 pm »

Understood guys, I can understand that I suppose it would be camping if I were to set up sensors and just wait for them to cross the line, but then again in the gam we played we did not sit in the same spot, just waited for them to walk within the are keeping a close look at the map for when they do and then position ourselves from there.  Ya see, so if ya use sensors, no matter what you will be considered a campezr to the losting team cause they will be butt hurt cause u used them accusing u of just sitting there waiting fo them to pass you're trap.  In the fact of it we did set up sensors in prime locations covering the map so we had a fix on them before they knew what hit them, but we did not camp about it.  And to awnser Rapid's reply, ghr is better because it is more realistic.  Everything that is in ghr is used today plus the maps are bigger to simulate a realistic battlefield, and there is no lag advantage in ghr servers unlike RS where clans constantly use Their server to their advantage, and their is no sport in that.  In reality that is just another form of cheating.  so ghr is better :p
                                     +MOD+Saberian
                                  Meathod's of destruction

kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 04:46:47 pm »

Anything is ok by me, camp all you want, you're still dead if you suck.
Btw Sab, it's spelled ?method? not ?meathod? or is there some kind of a bad pun about meat?

[Changed a spelling error *hides*]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2003, 05:29:53 pm by kami » Logged

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Saberian 3000

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 05:28:06 pm »

Nah, you are right, I jsut couldnt spell for some reason in that last article I wrote heh.  Far out

+MOD+saberian
Method's of Destruction

P.S. I didnt kow that you were playing the spelling guard on the forum Cheesy

a kiwi
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 12:31:01 am »

I agree with Saberian, and you know what the funny thing is ...? Everybody that complains about camping that i have played against has done it themselves, and still continue to do it, period.

Also every game will have a more dominant side, and the side that is losing will naturally start to camp more and more as the dominant side takes control of the map.

On some maps, camping is suitable, on other maps, being agressive is more suitable.

I think camping is neither right nor wrong, its just a strategy that is there to be used by a team in a specific moment when it suits.
[[EUR]] HoloGram

Don't worry be happy

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 02:59:22 pm »

good Point Kiwi. Very good point

veni, vidi, vici
#SKUL Mr. President (Founder & Leader)
Saberian 3000

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2003, 08:57:41 pm »

Far out.  I am glad I am not the only one that sees this as well.  Smiley

kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 04:01:39 pm »

Dude, Sab, you're like saying ?far out? way too many times dude. Like far out dude.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
*DAMN Bander
*DAMN [SF]

na mach schon, blas ...

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 04:41:20 am »

For my taste GhR totally sucks without TI on most maps (especially the "Bush maps" lol).

when u play it with just 1 live and no respawns its okay, but this sux when server may crash with os x at game end.

when u turn TI "off" u now may think u are the "cool guys" but in fact with respawns this is the most horrible camper feast ever. and forget these sensors. why using a sensor wich doesnt have the range of a cheap and fast bullet? useless on most GhR maps.

the only way to avoid being the only team moving on the map until being ambushed by a camper horde, cowering under the next bushes is to turn "TI" on.

Its like when u get heli or sattelite recon data during combat.

and most vets who startet with r6 will agree that it is great fun to ambush some nooby campers n full auto - hehe, and to give him what he deserves.

Thats why on my host TI will be mostly on.

regards ~

Second Khan of Clan DAMN
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2003, 05:19:39 am »

Sensors are best for offense for me, put them right by a bottleneck, and you can spot all the campers waiting behind that bush or behind that car.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2003, 10:01:33 am »

I've thought about it, and I agree with Bander.  TI On is key to stopping campers on GhR since there's no Jammers.  

Is this why the original rules included TI ON?  Maybe that should've never changed... Huh Shocked
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2003, 01:06:38 pm »

RS was, in effect, a SWAT team simulator. When taking a house or building, you move fast and decisively, so that the bad guys are taken by surprise and can't mount a defense. The gameplay emphasized close-quarters and quick games.

Ghost Recon is, in effect, a military simulator. When taking a city, you move cautiously and carefully, so that the bad guys can't make use of their defensive positions and so that they don't get the opportunity to flank you. The gameplay emphasizes tactics and utilizing the defensive possibilities of the terrain.

RS was a game in which camping was a sin, because it violated the basic idea of the game. GhR is a game in which camping is a tactic, because yelling battle cries and charging into the enemy will do nothing but get you killed (unless you're Jeb, of course... luckiest bastard I've ever seen).

Do you know why occupying superior tactical positions--sorry, I mean camping--works so well? Because out of our entire GhR community, there is only a tiny handful of players who actually understand tactics and realize that attackers need to work together. When do the attackers lose? When the members of the attacking team charge forward individually into the enemy's position and get killed... then they do it again, and again, until they're out of the game. The attacking team is left with one or two people against numerous defenders, and they cannot win. When do the defenders lose? When the members of the defending team charge forward individually, etc.

I've played games of GhR where the attacking team worked together and adhered to a battle plan issued by a commander-type individual, and they won without taking more than a few casualties. Tactics, tactics, tactics. This is not repeat not RS, and it never will be. The lone-wolf style of play is only marginally useful in GhR.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
*DAMN Bander
*DAMN [SF]

na mach schon, blas ...

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2003, 08:48:43 pm »

Yes - maybe we should have a friendly team agreement about having TI on or off in future, before a CB takes place. would be the easiest solution i guess.

I also understand why some of u like it with TI off - but it goes closer to r6 for me with TI on. its the same thing with those camper kings who where lurking around in city street?s cellar - before everone learned to use a HBS.

u still can snipe and move with TI on. there are just too many guys out there who dont like the "move" part much Wink

greets guys ~

Banda

Second Khan of Clan DAMN
jn.preciousroy
Special Forces

The liver is evil... it must be punished!

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2003, 09:03:52 pm »

Fools.  Though the gaming community for it may be dead, R6 is still far superior to all of your foolish games.  Plus it doesn't have stand-alone sensors or jammers, so this is a non-issue.

ELECTRONICJOISTEHDEVIL!!!11
igN0m3

Mattster is my clan whore

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2003, 06:55:05 am »

Camping in general is fine with me hell I camp in Ghr alot but Spawn Camping fuck that makes me so fucking mad when you get killed normally and some whore spawn kills you there shoudl be a rule if some one sc = spawn camp they shoudl be booted , yet agian that would be silly cause its kinda hard when your near the enemy and they respawn what are you supposed to do let them shoot you. the maps in ghost recon are made, in somewhat to piss people off when there are respawns on its like that with any game with respawns its just the way is. Same shit different pile.
tasty.afterparty
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2003, 09:59:04 am »

Fools.  Though the gaming community for it may be dead, R6 is still far superior to all of your foolish games.  Plus it doesn't have stand-alone sensors or jammers, so this is a non-issue.

enough said, r6 pwns it. was the best, always will be the best. pr you also forgot to mention faster speeds, better framerates, and more bases belonging to us.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads