*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:43:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The season X *DBL admin team  (Read 1761 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: January 11, 2005, 08:49:10 pm »

Dear fellow citizens,

I would like to present you the *DAMN Battle League admin team for season X:

As GR admins:

Flies, Static, Krush, and KitKat

as Forum admins:

BFG, Tigah and Spike

This team will guide you through season X and help you out with any questions you may have.

Have a nice day and watch the BL forum part closly the next 2 weeks for upcoming season changes discussions,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 05:47:59 am »

My congrulations to all Static, Krush, Kitkat, and of course Spike.

Hopefully we can move back to the fun that the BL used to be. ( Not having 2 months downtime in the middle of the season would be a nice start. Wink )

Good luck, guys.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Ein

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 12:19:39 am »

congrats to the whole admin team. Make us proud.  We need more love

Ein
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 01:55:05 am »

What Ein said!

Congrats to the new additions to the admin team!   clapping hands

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 02:51:42 am »

Did the admin chair job get killed?  Or have you not announced the chair for this season?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 04:18:40 am »

Good question, we will get back to you on that one(albeit quickly)

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 05:13:32 am »

Ahh that sums up another question of mine at to wtf was the chairmans job anyway.  Good to know flies is no longer in charge (jk buddy)  (really though jk I have no clue whether you did a good job or not lol)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 06:07:48 am »

I sucked

For once I agree with you.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 08:32:31 am »

Don't worry, Flies. We all do dumb things. Except me of course. Wink

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 04:54:32 pm »

the Chairs job? well its a mix of helping to moderate and litterally "chair" meetings, to help keep Admins working in the right direction and to try and ensure that  decisions and the solution to problems tick over quickly and productivly. Actually its rather a nice job i kinda enjoyed it - less hasstle dealing with people who hate your guts for being an Admin, and more time just helping out other Admins in their discussions etc etc.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 05:40:41 pm »

the Chairs job? well its a mix of helping to moderate and litterally "chair" meetings, to help keep Admins working in the right direction and to try and ensure that  decisions and the solution to problems tick over quickly and productivly. Actually its rather a nice job i kinda enjoyed it - less hasstle dealing with people who hate your guts for being an Admin, and more time just helping out other Admins in their discussions etc etc.

Okay, some constructive critisicm of the *DAMN Battle League here...

I really thought the *DBL was heading in the right direction when BFG was the Chairman.  He tried to inform the community and explain why certain things were done a certain way and I really enjoyed the open and honest approach to why decisions were made, why rules were decided on, etc.  Then he got in an auto accident and Mauti gave the job to someone else.  It was around that point that I felt the *DBL was going back downhill again.  I would really like some of what we had when BFG became Chairman back again.  I was really starting to enjoy this place.  I don't have a problem with rulings if I know why they were made and given some explanation for them.  That is what I meant a while back when I called this place a dictatorship.  I wasn't using that term to say you guys were out killing and raping people in the streets....I simply meant that the governing style of the *DBL was much like the governing style of a dictatorship, where nobody can vote on issues except the admins, and the admins are not voted on by the community.  I understand that Mauti believes this is the best way, and I really can't say anything about it.  I'm just a stupid member of the community.  But damn it was getting nice when BFG was the Chairman.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 06:53:32 pm »

Well thankyou GS i really appreciate that.

Won't say much else other than we'll work on the communication and interaction with the community in general and see if we can move back towards that direction again if people feel that it has fallen by the way side Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 01:59:29 am »

Gl to everyone and try not to let the bs get to you.

Once again gl and try to have some fun.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 03:16:06 am »

I think GS, that the admins do listen to everyone. If we created rules that no one liked, and no one wanted to play, what would be the point of that? People would begin leaving us in droves to go to -gasp- the mgl Wink. This league is nothing without it's players, and the admins do value and listen to what the community wants.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads