*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:48:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Poll
Question: What will the next powermac high specs be?
Quad 3.0 GHz (dual core) - 2 (28.6%)
Dual 3.0 GHz - 3 (42.9%)
Dual 2.8 GHz - 2 (28.6%)
More thank Quad 3.0 GHz (dual core) - 0 (0%)
Less that Dual 2.8 GHz - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Future Powermacs: Recent Quad evidence (read post before voting)  (Read 3217 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: March 12, 2005, 06:00:58 pm »

Recent Apple released a update to their CHUD tools. These developer tools track the speed and number of processors in a computer. The update was version 4.1, now pulled by Apple. The update allowed a selection of up to 4 CPUs (instead of 2). There is also now a change in wording from Clock Speed --> Core Frequency as well as Bus Speed --> Bus Frequency. There is also support in this new CHUD update for dual core processors.

If you want to see images of the pulled update, you can see the full topic on Apple Insider Forums:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52013&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

On a side note, the XBOX NEXT is confirmed to have a modified PPC with three cores. This multi-core design is applicable (so they say) to a PPC970 (Perhaps MP version as macrumros said). With all these hints what do you think WWDC will hold.

(I voted Quad 3.0)

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 06:03:49 pm »

Lol you may should change your poll from powerbook to powermac ;-) We can be glad if they next powerbooks pass the 2.0 Ghz border at all.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 06:14:37 pm »

Lol you may should change your poll from powerbook to powermac ;-) We can be glad if they next powerbooks pass the 2.0 Ghz border at all.

Powerbook, what Wink? Anyway Powerbooks may get their own G4 dual core 64bit... if only freescale actually followed their own roadmaps for the G4 mobile processor.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 06:26:24 pm »

2x Dual Core G5 based Powermacs. I can't see us getting those in April... but id love to

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 06:27:59 pm »

I say dual 2.8GhZ.  Don't think Apple is ready to jump up to quad processors yet, they will either release the Dual 2.8 for this Expo or the 3 for this expo.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 06:31:28 pm »

2x Dual Core G5 based Powermacs. I can't see us getting those in April... but id love to

June*

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 06:34:40 pm »

I voted Dual 3.0GHz.  That's all I want, it's all I've been screaming for since I bought my current G5.  If they do Dual 3.0GHz G5's, I'll be the first in line and trade in my Single-1.8GHz G5 in a heartbeat.  I doubt the next release will do Quad-G5's...that's stretching it considering we are almost a year behind having the 3.0GHz G5 out yet.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 06:41:40 pm »

Although I do agree, i feel dualcore is a needed thing for processors. With unreal engine 3 supporting dual cores it will be a good boost for gamers. Intel is very near their own dual core chips as well as AMD. The question of Quad isn't so much of a design issue, as it is a issue of them doing multi core chips like the rest of the industry hopes in 2005. Though it wasn't so much of a thing, Apple did lead with 90nm chips.

John Lennon
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 11:28:53 pm »

I voted Dual 3.0GHz.  That's all I want, it's all I've been screaming for since I bought my current G5.  If they do Dual 3.0GHz G5's, I'll be the first in line and trade in my Single-1.8GHz G5 in a heartbeat.  I doubt the next release will do Quad-G5's...that's stretching it considering we are almost a year behind having the 3.0GHz G5 out yet.

You know exactly where to send it.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads