*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:32:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lloyd's 6 and Counterstrike2  (Read 1630 times)
Agent Orange
« on: February 10, 2001, 08:39:25 pm »

Well, I just got both these mods, and I am posting this just to whine really. I downloaded both these mods today, on my 56k here it took quite some time. I installed them, and decided to play Counterstrike first. Wow was I disappointed. The menu and interface, those were great, but all the weapon pictures, the bg being white, completely killed the mod in my opinion, the UMM there (Those, were the initials, right?!) didn't help either... The targeting cross hairs, woah, those were the best I have ever and probably will ever see, anywhere. The mod could be really really great if the pics had a black background. Maybe I just say that because I pay such attention to detail, the weapon pics are what I am usually staring at in RS. Now, with the white, I can't miss them, but it's now bad when I look at them, I can't look away, I am so bothered by it... Then I am cut down by a tango. How could I explain that one in a match online? This is really the only problem that I have with the mod, but it seems to be a big one, otherwise it is GREAT. Now, Lloyd's 6... I have played Lloyd's 5 (I think it's 5) that I downloaded and managed to open the EXE with ZipIt... That's another story... anyway, I love that mod. But this, aargh, this was not even close to the standard 5 had set for me. Having weapon models for the pics in the game, ok, I never see those anyway... but some (ok, most) of these were really bad pics... What I mean by that is: the pics were blocky, and there is nothing worse than blocky pictures Smiley I will just say "read the stuff I wrote about the pics for Counterstrike" Ok, now, I am not someone who sits around all day, and bitches about how the mods suck without being able to do anything myself. I have made several mods for R6, and one for RS, taking hours to select the pictures. (seriously) And, I have spent many, many extra minutes when I did not have to, but I wanted my mod to look the best, so I removed shadows from pics with white backgrounds, and then turned the bg black. I mean, it was easier than giving all the other pics a white bg and a shadow, right? Now the question I am asking myself "If I can make the pics black myself, why don't I?" I think I can answer that... Ok, let's say I released a mod, brand spanking new, 1000s of files, and there was a little caption in the read me: "to install mod, just arrange the files into the proper folders" Let's say I added a suffix key there too, so you knew where to put them. Now, would you do it? Probably not. Why? Because it is a pain in the ass. So, the answer to my question is: I won't do it myself, because it is a pain in the ass Smiley Now, I know all about this, because I removed the "NMM" on all of the pics in the NMM Mod, because they bothered me Smiley That took awhile, but I really wanted the mod to be the best for me. And, you know what? IMO, NMM is the best damn mod on my system so far! Really, this whole rant is about the pictures in a mod, and that I think it can make or break the enitre thing. This time, for both mods, they were broken! Hearing the news about Nato3 not being ported really pissed me off, because I liked the pics, I have played nearly every RS mod on a friend's PC... not to mention the new ammo types, those were great. So, after writing this, I can only sit back, and hope that the conversion of TT Gold (You know, Temp. Tango) goes smoothly. That was one of the best mods I have ever played. Ok, I am off the subject of this post here. All right, if you are still reading this, thanks for listening to me rant about this, and I hope that some people, mod-makers especially agree with me on this stuff, and continue to toss out the great mods.

~Agent Orange
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
*DAMN Postal Worker
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2001, 09:45:47 pm »

Summary: one big complaint.

*DAMN Postal Worker
-----------------------------
~People are stupid and stupid people rule the world
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Agent Orange
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2001, 11:28:40 pm »

Now that I read it over, that is what it sounds like. Smiley