*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:09:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help! I've an idea and I can't get off the ground!  (Read 1807 times)
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« on: November 18, 2003, 05:00:53 pm »

A while back I had an idea for an alternative game mode to warzone.  It has a lot of virtues, and I had a decent number of people begging me to make it as soon as possible.

The basic idea is already in existance.  I need all 5 of the smoke locations active (like domination), with the victory conditions of command and conquer (points dont accumulate, you just win when you have all five locations).  If the time limit runs out, the team with more smoke locations is the winner.  You can read more about the idea in another thread: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=4707

On to the reason I am posting.  If you have any pointers, or experience with making .gtf files, your input would be appreciated.  In the more immediate future I need to get a copy of igor.  Some people have told me that there is a version for the mac, but others say thats a relic of rouge spear and I need a pc for this.  Not sure who to believe, so would the modders please come forth and clarify all of this for me.

To preclude a more obvious post that I have got coming to me, yes I will be able to code.  I'm a CS major in college for crying out loud! Grin

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 06:54:05 pm »

Good Resource:  www.ghostrecon.net  [Try it somtime!]

And ara, you need a pc, but go to this url to get more info.

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 08:27:32 pm »

Thank you d.  Not the first time I've been handed that link.  I'm sort of looking for a human resource or two.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 09:24:08 pm »

Boooo!

Human help is way overrated.  Your a smart youngster--Im sure you can handle it.  Actually, that link is the shit.   Wink

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 09:48:19 pm »

The only modding tool for GhR is IGOR. The only version of IGOR is PC-only, and came into existence with GhR. There was a different PC-only toolset for Rogue Spear.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 03:59:57 am »

OK so I'm getting igor and a way to run it.  Now would those who care to help in the post-getting-igor process please step forward.

Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 06:23:29 pm »

Hmm... a fantastic resource, this forum. Wink Ah well, maybe I will just forget to share the mod once I'm done. Grin

*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 10:11:20 pm »

Now would those who care to help in the post-getting-igor process please step forward.

maybe nobody knows how to do the post-getting-igor process 'cause they've never tried it?

Elan

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 12:53:33 am »

i know how its just a bunch of text editing there is not a dif...

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2003, 06:12:00 pm »

Ok thanks anyway guys.  A little BASIC code swimming never hurts I s'pose.  Too bad they didn't code it in C, that would make this a cakewalk...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads