*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:34:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Incomplete Briefings  (Read 1037 times)
Alchemist

I'm a llama!

« on: June 25, 2003, 03:06:12 am »

Hello all, what a great forum you guys have running here.

Right... am very into GR and play on an iBook 800mhz. Running the latest version and having a serious pain in the ass problem with some mods.

The Mods seem to run correctly accept for the fact that the briefing is incomplete. I can see only the first line and a bit of the briefing... I have to guess my way through the missions. This problem is happening in Saving Pilot Ryan and also in British Royal Marines.. which is a pain in the ass.

Any ideas??

P.S I have both IT and the desert mod installed and have them activated or not as the readme fils for the third party mods dictate.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 11:02:10 am »

The problem is that on the PC version modders could use special characters but on the Mac version you can't! I always thought this was a fault by the PC modders so I didn't look deeper into this issue until I realised it is a Maconly issue.

Now all recently mods are checked for special characters but olders aren't. Well you can solve this problem yourself if you just go to the mission folder of each of your mod folders(Saving Private Ryan,..) and open the .mis files. There is a tag <briefing> or <briefing text> where it contains the briefing! You have to wipe out all special characters there and then save it again. Now the briefing will appear correctly!

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Alchemist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 02:59:41 am »

Thanks mauti, your a legend!

Amazing site you have here! Are you a mac user? If so what system are you running?

Thanks again and take care. Just getting started on Frostbite. 2 Questions. Firstly, is there only meant to be one mission objective for the opening mission and secondly what other Mods should be running to make Frostbite work correctly?

Cheers for replying if you see this!

Thanks

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 10:48:05 am »

Hi,

of course I'm a Mac user, hehe. I guess I wouldn't care much if I would sit in front of a PC. Well I'm using a very old, but still reliable, iMac G3 400 built in 1999. I only bring excisting PC mods to the Mac so I only deserve the credits for converting and testing.

You need at least your Mac Ghost Recon - Desert Siege Pack and a selfconversion of Island Thunder.

It depends on your difficult level how much mission objectives you have and Frostbite also adds a lot of objectives in between the game.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads