*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:02:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Apple's Bootcamp and the future of Mac Gaming  (Read 11757 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2006, 09:48:55 pm »

Roger that.

Anyway, more from Brad Oliver

Quote from: InsideMacGames.com
In all honesty, I don't know what the real-world impact will be. It's not going to make us release ports any faster (the implication in some parts is that, for whatever reason, we're not already doing this). We're also not likely to start doing smaller Mac-only games; Aspyr is geared up now for revenue on many platforms including the PC and consoles. Astute observers will note there are no Mac ports planned for our current PC and console titles aside from Stubbs. Perhaps it won't affect our sales at all, but that seems unlikely. Perhaps it'll mean a huge swarm of PC users converting to the Mac. That is more likely, but it could be a while before those numbers offset Mac gamers who are dual booting right now. I would not be surprised if current PC game developers and publishers start doing Mac ports in-house again as they did in the 90's, once the Mac marketshare increases.

That last part would be great and really may help keep people on OSX assuming Mac ports play as fast as Windows versions. I'm sure Apple will pull something to make OpenGL out perform DirectX... or not.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2006, 11:25:56 pm »

We'll just have to hope for the best when it comes to openGL and Leopard.

And hopefully we'll see what Steve will bring us, and there will probably be people testing the beta builds. That can tell us cool stuff.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2006, 01:47:32 pm »

Who here is actually surprised to confirm that mac OpenGL sucks? Maybe this will force Apple to address this in Leopard.

Woah Open GL does not suck. full stop. the end

If however you said 'Open GL implementation in OSX sucks' then id have to agree!

Sorry Myst i misread your post there Smiley yeap 100% total agreement. If apple would only pull their fingers out and get Open GL sorted in Leopard then we'd really see what it is capable off! Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2006, 04:22:43 pm »

I might actually get to see some of u guys again...thats a positive and a not so positive  Grin . On a side note while i was scrollin down I saw the games u guys couldnt wait to play. BF2...definately worth ur time. HL...ehhh i bought it when i got my pc for CSS but it was a waste of money...if u want CSS buy just CSS. I would definately recommend Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. GHR3 looks like it will be good, comes out in early may. CoD2 was definately worth the time. Welcome to the PC gaming community. There are alot of games out there, dont go buyin em all  Grin

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2006, 06:55:56 pm »

Rebel are you refering to HL or HL2 because when i eventually get a intel 'promac tower' or whatever stupid name they'll get,  HL2 and  BF2 will be the first two games that are loaded when i boot up into 'mac game mode' Wink

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2006, 07:28:43 pm »

BFG, get R6:Vegas(if it's out by then), BF2, and UT2007. I'll also be buying (the trademarked name) MacPro when it's released this August on the 7th day. It's hard to believe that almost 3 years ago that was only 2 days before I ordered my Dual 2.0 G5 on their intro. I'll have to aim high again to match that.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2006, 08:05:23 pm »

Im not too sure about UT2007 I'm more interested in the other games that will Utilize the UT engine, although it does look pretty slick i must admit.

A couple of other games i'll be picking up include the GTA series, Hitman and sequel.

Oh and holy shit i can't believe i forgot to say GhR3 haha.

I can't wait to make this move now, holding out rather than upgrading to a G5 has worked out well, and the jump from a Powermac G4 with 1Ghz processors and a 133Mhz System bus, to a pimped out G5 whipping MacPro tower is going to be... well very nice indeed thankyou Wink

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2006, 10:12:04 pm »

Yea, I'll have a windows buddy for the transition.  Wink (That still sounds creepy.......windows, that is)

John Lennon
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2006, 11:22:34 pm »

I got a mate that just got his iMac set-uped with winxp. he says it's damn fast.
Apparently he is "only" going to use it to play Counter-Strike :-/

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 04:22:07 am »

Im talkin bout HL2 not HL. I wasnt ever really interested in HL..but If u are u might feel differently.

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 10:25:06 am »

cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2006, 08:18:49 pm »

Sellouts  Sad

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2006, 05:49:14 am »

Was gonna happen sooner or later. It's for the better as well. Soon there will be one gaming community....not a divided one.

PandabeaR

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2006, 02:28:46 pm »

Was gonna happen sooner or later. It's for the better as well. Soon there will be one gaming community....not a divided one.
and it will be on windows - garunteed.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2006, 06:51:13 pm »

If rumors ever prove true of MS releasing a XBOX OS for PCs (Games being the real focus), it will be the real platform of games.

John Lennon
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2006, 07:15:05 pm »

I haven't heard about that Myst, although they are apparently going to incorporate the marketplace into Vista. And you are supposed to do different stuff and so on.

And I think that most of Vista's devs are actually old xbox devs.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2006, 10:46:54 pm »

I haven't heard about that Myst, although they are apparently going to incorporate the marketplace into Vista. And you are supposed to do different stuff and so on.

And I think that most of Vista's devs are actually old xbox devs.

That, or people who like to scam with the requirements of "points" that are only valid with MS.

John Lennon
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2006, 06:30:03 pm »

Why not bring everything together? Games will be better when they dont have to waste time on porting it to many platforms. They can put all time and energy to making an amazing game. Sounds like a great plan to me.

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2006, 07:40:55 pm »

Why not bring everything together? Games will be better when they dont have to waste time on porting it to many platforms. They can put all time and energy to making an amazing game. Sounds like a great plan to me.

Companies/People will stop earning money. And there wouldn't be that much of a competition between companies either.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2006, 10:11:00 pm »

http://www.barefeats.com/bootcamp.html

Results look good for Windows, OSX wins a lot though?

John Lennon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads