*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:47:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BTs vs MP5 ISSUE FINALS GAMES  (Read 3717 times)
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 10:48:44 pm »

and civic has said that he is w/ splinter on this one

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 11:56:08 pm »

And wtf static, I was the only admin that made this dicision? NO! There was me, Buc, Splinter, and now Flies. Only Splinter has changed his mind on this. DONT NOT GRASP AT STRAWS AND DO NOT TRY TO SLANDER MY NAME, any more of that will be delt with my delete button and a warning/suspension from forums.

Static did not say anything out of line and he did not "slander" your name (you do that just fine on your own).  Any attempt to delete his posts and/or give him a warning or suspension because he said something you don't like will be dealt with harshly BY ME.  I will not stand by while an admin abuses his power.  Static is just as much a member of this forum as you are.  I am just as much of a member of this forum as you are.  We all, collectively, own this Battle League because we are all, collectively, members of it.  It's about time some of the admins start acting like admins instead of 10 year old little brats (hell, my 4 year old daughter acts more mature than some of you).  And where is Mauti in all of this.  I know he has been busy, but he really needs to get personally involved in this one before the admins collectively destroy the Battle League.

On that note, does anyone have Mauti's phone number in Austria.  I think I'm going to look it up if I can and call him....he really needs to be here for this.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2004, 12:00:26 am »

LOL, sorry but I don't think we need to call him.

But in the words of my grandma, you have the moxy and initiative that I kind of like, go give em hell.

Oh yeah, BTs guys, I know we all want to get our 2 cents in here but random posts about other issues won't get us forward, just side to side.  Take up the issues after the main one has been resolved.  Then you can be released onto the tangent you feel necessary.  I think I can fairly ask you too wait for the final response requested and stay away from getting this convo out of hand again.

thanks,  

Senior Fahqen loco
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 12:03:46 am by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2004, 12:32:49 am »

Well, there's your weak-ass ruling.  I'm going to AA land to blow off some steam before I buy a plane ticket for an around the world flight with about 6 stop-offs so I can bitch slap some people.

Wonder how much it would cost to buy the rights to the Battle League from Mauti?  Then I could just eliminate the really bad seeds in here.

Okay, I'm just fed up.  Sorry guys.  I better go to the shooting range now and take some aggression out with my Glock before I explode.

Later,

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2004, 12:49:23 am »

On that note, does anyone have Mauti's phone number in Austria.  I think I'm going to look it up if I can and call him....he really needs to be here for this.

-GhostSniper Out.

wasn't the presence of more admin and a 3 admin consensus supposed to eliminate the need for this?

hasn't mauti said to leave it to the admins?
or do we all just have selective memory?

the point is if you do not let the admin ruling stand, then what is the point of the admins in the first place?

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
BTs_hooks

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2004, 12:55:50 am »

ive read every post on this issue and i think i understand whats going on here so i will voice my opinion: ive been around GR and GhR/RS a while and i see that Typhy used one of the oldest tricks in the book to weasil there way out of a tight spot. all i can say is that typhy u are a COWARD. you strute around like ur the top dog just because uve signed up for GR before a lot of people well guess what NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. so basically im getting at is CONGRADULATION BL STAFF U GOT PLAYED.

hooks
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2004, 12:58:20 am »

the point is if you do not let the admin ruling stand, then what is the point of the admins in the first place?

on that same note.. If we dont follow the rules as writen.....whats the point in having rules anyway??

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2004, 01:06:08 am »

BTW.. how can voodoo vote on this isue.. he is in a clan w/ typhy (a2) so even though he is not directly envolved he is in a clan w/ typhy for AA..

BTs_hooks

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2004, 01:06:16 am »

also how is voodoo allowed to make a ruling on this match if he is in a clan with typhy (a2). i know there not in the same RvS clan but still he wouldnt vote againt his fellow clan member. its my opinion u should not allow him to vote on this subject.

hooks
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2004, 01:07:26 am »

on that same note.. If we dont follow the rules as writen.....whats the point in having rules anyway??

it's the same thing as the us federal court system.

the law is written
there is a dispute
the federal court interprets the law
changes are made to the law
rulings are made to mend the dispute caused by the law
life goes on

mauti wrote the rule
BTs and MP5 had the dispute.
the admins have interpreted what should be done.
clarifications will be made after the finals
the admins have handed down a solution to the problem

so why are we having problems on the easiest possible step?

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2004, 01:10:26 am »

also how is voodoo allowed to make a ruling on this match if he is in a clan with typhy (a2). i know there not in the same RvS clan but still he wouldnt vote againt his fellow clan member. its my opinion u should not allow him to vote on this subject.

hooks

there are still 3 other consenting admins besides voodoo, the decision should stand

BTs_hooks

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2004, 01:17:16 am »

but splinter changed his ruling on the matter so it would only be 2

hooks
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2004, 01:20:00 am »

since you aren't an admin or moderator billy, you are not privy to what goes on in those boards, but suffice it to say that bucc was had already asked once to be left out of this and hadn't, and voodoo is simply trying to regain control of the mess which has long left the polite realm of polite discussion
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 01:23:06 am by Brain » Logged

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2004, 01:21:46 am »

but splinter changed his ruling on the matter so it would only be 2

hooks

BFG
Aramarth
Flies

i count 3 consenting admins

also i believe that splinter may have changed his mind again to support this course of action
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 01:22:23 am by Brain » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2004, 01:24:12 am »

Ok Im not writing it twice so just go and read brains post again as he has posted it so clearly.

The Ruling was made and agreed by Five Admins. Even not counting Voodoo's vote there are Four: Myself, Splinter, Aramarth, Flies.

There is no discussion on this. End of topic.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 01:28:58 am by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2004, 05:32:19 am »

The score stands at 1-0, MP5.

We've got a couple hours left to get this CB. I think it's within the best interest of both clans that it gets done. We're ready as soon as you are. What times are convient for you?

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2004, 05:35:15 am »

LOL, no need to start another thread.  It will only result in another day of immense retardation.  

PS. I wouldn't wait up too late for us to show.

next week nobody will care anyways, it's just a game wrapped in some complex questions nobody can answer.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2004, 06:01:50 am »

Typhy, are you really just trying to encourage another flamewar?  Because just seeing you having posted a subject with this title, i knew was a recipe for disaster.  And lo, i was proven right after reading your post.  Veiled in alleged innocence, your post is nothing but flaimbait for BTs.  Sad...really sad.

~Lone-Wolf
(just keep in mind this post doesnt reflect the views of my clan in any way, incase anyone was going to try and make a point about that)

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2004, 06:20:50 am »

WEwere waitoing last night during the official last few hrs of the first round.. where were you???

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2004, 12:53:45 pm »

On a side note, I am disappointed in many of the admins when it comes to the forfeit rulings.  Over the 5 season I have been active in the BL there have been plenty of cases that teams have been in forfeit by the strict definition of the rules, but not once has any match been ruled a forfeit.  

For me it's simple Splinter.  If I think both clans are at fault, that either clan could have fixed it, I have a hard time awarding one a forfeit over the other.

Like I stated when we talked, and I still actually believe, I think both clans acted like asses, didn't do what they could have done, what they should have done.  And as long as that's my opinion, I couldn't see awarding a forfeit.

One more note, since that is the ultimate punishment, it has to be used only when you are absolutely sure it's right.  Again, my opinion.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads