*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:31:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Several Questions regarding Raven Shield for OS X  (Read 1566 times)
Taunide
« on: May 18, 2004, 12:48:08 pm »

Hi Folks I just bought RvS for Mac in the UK (still not Availible in Germany) and installed it.  All works quite fine... BUT Even if I have a G5 2x2Ghz Machine with 10.3.3, 2.5GB DDR SDRAM and a ATI Radeon 9600 my fps are rather low. I've installed it in my Applications Folder, but heared Roumors that it might be faster at a different Place.

Second Question.. I have currently Version 1.31 of RvS, are there any Updates and if so, where can I get them?

Third Question when I try to Start and Save a Campain I get an Error Messages that RvS cannot write a file to my Disk. It supposes that my filename contains illegal Characters but that is definetly not so. I suspect that RvS tries to create a Folder or a file in a protected subfolder.. but where??

Any Help would be appreciated
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 02:00:27 pm »

Hi Folks I just bought RvS for Mac in the UK (still not Availible in Germany) and installed it.  All works quite fine... BUT Even if I have a G5 2x2Ghz Machine with 10.3.3, 2.5GB DDR SDRAM and a ATI Radeon 9600 my fps are rather low. I've installed it in my Applications Folder, but heared Roumors that it might be faster at a different Place.

according to Aspyr... don't install it in the applications folder, reinstall it somewhere else for a better game performance.

Second Question.. I have currently Version 1.31 of RvS, are there any Updates and if so, where can I get them?

unfortunately no updates for the mac version of RvS yet.

Third Question when I try to Start and Save a Campain I get an Error Messages that RvS cannot write a file to my Disk. It supposes that my filename contains illegal Characters but that is definetly not so. I suspect that RvS tries to create a Folder or a file in a protected subfolder.. but where??

i'm not sure but this could be because you have it installed in your applications folder... try reinstalling it somewhere else.
also... try repairing permissions with the harddisk utility.[/color]

z][t-Civic?  Smiley

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Taunide
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 03:45:02 pm »

Thank you for your fast reply.. I will reinstall it and report about the results
Taunide
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 06:50:45 pm »

First of all Thanks again.. reinstalling the Game in a different Folder solved the Problem with the Campain, still have to Check the Performance, but I think 50-70 fps with Medium Graphic-Settings should be Acceptable..

But again two more Questions, this Time from my co-Player: When he gets hit for the first time his Screen blanks out (he has roughly the same System 2x1,8GHz 10.3.1) But a Radeon Graphic Card.. could it be that thats the Prob?? he also lags more than I do..

Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 06:53:50 pm »

he should try updating to the most recent version of OSX... 10.3.3, instead of 10.3.1 which he's using like you say.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 12:25:02 am »

when installing game do like i do. Make a folder called "games" and install all your games in that folder. That will eliminate any problems you may incounter. Second. make sure that your buddies graphix card is updated to the most recent driver. ie: all most recent drivers are part of os x 10.3.3. If you dont want to install 10.3.3 go to ATI and search your video card and update its driver Cool

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Lupus

Wuff!

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 05:11:34 am »

I bought Raven Shield in Atlanta a week or two ago and I am running it on a Dual 864, G4 without the above mentioned problems. I installed it in my Favorites folder. I believe it said in the installation instructions to not install it in the applications folder.

The only problem I seem to be having occurs when trying to add team actions at waypoints during planning. The Waypoints screen seems to hang, not allowing me to access the various options. Sometimes the problem goes away if I mess with it, somettimes no.

The problem for me is I don't know how to use it yet, this is my first time with Rainbow Six. I have played Ghost Recon some but it does not have all the planning to do. I wonder if most users plan out waypoints for all teams for entire misssions or just make up a team or two and go for it? I am playing single
(Lone Wolf and with multiple AI teams), at least until I get things figured out better.

It is pretty interesting to plan out an entire mission and then just let it run in observation mode. Its like watching a movie you directed, *G*. I am wondering if picking up an "Official Strategy Guide" will help, they are frequently wrong in many places?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 05:31:30 am by Lupus » Logged
Taunide
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 02:47:33 pm »

Usually I play it twice.. one time fully planned (this means about 10 plans to try until i get what i want) and the second time just rampage.. with only two or so waypoints for my second teams (and most certainly go codes. in my opinion absolutely necssesary at private airport).

Again a few questions: Compared to the PC Version, I have the impression that i.e. the AUG with Silencer is incredibly weak.. Any similar observations?? All the Guns you have to equip with silencer lose way too much power. The MP5SD is on the other hand quite nice.

In LAN MP Gaming is there a way to switch between ADver and Coop without restarting the server??

Compared to PC my mouse behaves odd, almost as if there is some kind of expontential acceleration, any way to fix it??

Is there any trick to speed up the Game by altering any ini File

Thx in advance
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads