*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:29:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  You are too fat for a Whooper.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You are too fat for a Whooper.  (Read 3118 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: January 09, 2004, 09:01:04 pm »

Kids these days...

"Police believe teenage pranksters are hacking into the wireless frequency of a US Burger King drive-through speaker to tell potential customers they are too fat for fast food.

Policeman Gerry Scherlink said the pranksters told one customer who had just placed an order: "You don't need a couple of Whoppers. You are too fat. Pull ahead.""

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_853744.html?menu=news.latestheadlines

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 09:24:15 pm »

Hahaha, what an awesome prank.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 02:09:06 am »

When I saw this on the local news the other night, I wanted to go to that BK just to see what they are saying =D.  Alas, they didn't say which one.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 06:39:28 pm »

Awsome, Absolutly damn brilliant. Heh and they were probably so so right. Big fat people who are so fat they can't be assed (literally) to get out of their cars to get some Shitty manufactored "food". HAHA Grin

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
c| Hathcock

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 07:36:06 pm »

Ah cmon now, Burger King makes a damn fine burger in my opinion.  But this is funny shit.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 12:00:36 am »

BK may be junk food, but sorry BFG, unless the state of British beef has changed drastically in the last 3 years, a BK Burger here is better than anything close in the UK.

Talk about overpriced and shitty food, that's beef in the UK.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 12:02:41 am »

Plus now we have mad cow =/. I personally find BK to be the worst fast food chain around. I got food poisoning from it the two times I have eaten there. I find Wendy's to be better Smiley.

THATS IT! IT'S THE EXECUTIVES FROM MCDONALDS AND WENDY'S SCAING AWAY BK'S CUSTOMERS!

n1 Haz.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
c| Hathcock

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 12:04:05 am »

But we only have had one cow confirmed to have the disease and it came from Canada, so everyone seems to be making a big deal of nothing.  
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2004, 12:10:16 am »

Hathcock, Mad Cow is a big deal if it gets into the herds.

They ended up destroying the majority of cattle in the UK over this.

The fact that much of our cattle is corn fed makes it much safer though (the feed for cattle over there included unused cattle parts, and helped to spread the disease at first.

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2004, 03:36:53 am »

There's no way in hell there's just one cow with Mad Cow Disease. They just aren't saying there's more. Why would the beef industry sacrifice billions of dollars of profit to tell people that their food is unsafe?

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2004, 04:12:07 am »

Because the Beef industry can't stop the FDA from disclosing that information Mr Mellow.

There has only been one reported and confirmed case so far, and many other cows destroyed just in case.

c| Hathcock

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2004, 04:46:54 am »

Calm down Mellow, not every thing is a conspiracy theory.  I was actually about a hundred miles from where they found the cow when it happened.  It's not actually that big of a deal.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2004, 04:49:32 am »

But still...Even if we assume that the one cow is the only one they know about, I find it highly unlikely it's the only one. I'm not saying you should be worried about eating beef or anything (unless you eat cow brains Tongue). But still...no way there's only one. How did it get Mad Cow in the first place? If it was from the feed, like the news is saying, how come other cows didn't get Mad Cow from that batch of feed? Sure, they might be in Canada, since it's a Canadian cow, but why would someone spend the money to bring only one cow down from Canada, when they can get American cows and not spend the money to bring it down? Anyhoo. Just some hypothetical questions to keep your mind sharp, and/or confused.  Wink

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2004, 05:16:52 am »

Damn, now I've gotta stop eating my raw cow-brain sushi that I love so well......

And I had just started growing accustomed to eating the stem cells too!

Bah!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2004, 01:12:53 pm »

Bucc, The state of British beef has changed... Yeah I think i can definatly use the word drasically. It really has (i work on a farm i can vouch Wink )

BSE Had a horrific inpact on the industry. But the culprits for this in most case's were defiantly not the farmers - but the big cattle feed companies.

BSE was one thing but the food and mouth eperdemic was far far worse. I cannot describe to you the sight of open pits of hundreds and thousands of Cattle and Sheep being burnt. Nor the sight of the Slaughtemen wading though sheep and lambs. It is not plesent... Its believed that originally the Foot and mouth started in a chinese resteraunt which was illigally inporting meat... and a very dodgey farmer in the midlands. Who ever it was, where ever, they destroye the lives of so many people it is hard to comprehend what they have done.

Im not one for slagging of the french... but there iligal ban on british beef was way out of order (considering the state of their cattle and what they got fed). I wouldn't eat French beef.. ive seen... uh i won't say.

These days.. well the way our Lifestock is recorded and monitored has had a huge overhaul. we know have one of the most advanced and thourough systems around - every animal has a Passport which stays with it for the duration of its life. Much of this has been as a result of the Food and Mouth Epidemic though and not BSE.

However i won't eat cheap sausages ( you don't want to know what they put in there), nor anything from a fast food store. Dosn't matter if its Houstan, Texas or Whitehall, London... I wouldn't touch it.  Mcdonalds, Burger king, they are all the same

Come over sometime and let me treat you to a proper Slab of prime British Organic Steak. Its quite somthing.  Grin

kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2004, 03:14:38 pm »

I prefer real Swedish steak ;o

(Or lamb chops from NZ, those are great.)

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2004, 05:17:34 pm »

Did i not mention English Lamb from the Yorshire Dales? Thats my speciality.. Nothing like roast lamb.....hmmm

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2004, 07:38:14 pm »

However i won't eat cheap sausages ( you don't want to know what they put in there), nor anything from a fast food store. Dosn't matter if its Houstan, Texas or Whitehall, London... I wouldn't touch it.  Mcdonalds, Burger king, they are all the same

BFG, again, you need to learn that STATES mean more than the country over here with regards to laws and such.  

There is a big difference between getting a hot dog in Michigan, vs getting one in New York.

For example, in New York, it is legal to have up to 3 rat hairs in a hotdog (which is why you buy Kosher dogs if you live in New York, Kosher has better standards).  In Michigan, you can't have any.  We have different food inspection laws state by state.  

Also, I'm still waiting for the UK to allow the animal passports for dogs.  Last time I was there dogs had to be quarenteened for 6 months in a kennel coming from the USA.  Because your fear of forging vacination records (afraid of Rabies that much).  Well, both my dogs have the chips in them which carry the code to their medical records.  The UK was supposed to start accepting that years ago, but they still don't as of 3 months ago.  They aren't quite where they advertised.

English lamb has nothing on a good flank from a deer or elk (and I like lamb), especially since every time I had it it was over done.  You brits seem to overcook all your meat.  I'm having elk tonight, and there's nothing like it.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2004, 07:57:17 pm »

Yep appologies I do forget (or just plainly realise) that different states vary so much.

I must confess i have never tried Elk.. wouldn't mind a nibble i must say. And your right about der. Theres not much like a fine piece of venison.

Just as i do not take into consideration the different states bucc, id have to say that if you had roast lamb in london it would be very different from roast lamb in Cornwall, which is different from Yorkshire, which is differnt from etc etc... when we say over cooked... we aren't saying that it wasn't red and dripping blood are we? i can't believe how raw some people liek their steaks.

Didn't realise about the issue with (pet) animal passports.. That seems mad as most people have chips in their cats/dogs now... Thats typical of us.

Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2004, 08:30:01 pm »

mad cow or not...i'm making sweetbreads and an osso buco risotto tonight. Grin

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads