*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:27:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  AA 3.0 Anybody?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA 3.0 Anybody?  (Read 4072 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« on: July 06, 2009, 01:25:17 pm »

Hey Kiddos,

Just wondering if anybody has grabbed a copy of AA 3.0 and is playing much? I bumped into BTs_MrBombastic the other day which was astonishing, we'd both only booted the game a couple of times and suddenly there were in same server! (must be fate Wink )

Its a very different game from 2.x  - but i've got to say the team play is excellent - when your on a good server the built in VoiP and the advantage of good teamwork is excellent - they have really pushed things to players WANT to work together rather than all these 'lone wolfs' (no offence lonewolf Wink ) running around going solo.

Anyway, worth checking out, works very nicely under Bootcamp (running XP) on a early Macpro.... i say very nicely but would warn that AA3. feels like a rough edged beta - buggy as hell but the devs are releasing updates that are fixing the problems bit by bit!!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 01:51:53 pm »

Hi BFG,

hmmm may I also check this one out. I haven't booted into XP for months, but may this justifies the hassle ;-)

But I have to free some HD space. Unfortunaly I chose only 20gigs when I created the Bootcamp partition.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 04:25:10 pm »

Downloading right now, but unfortunaly only with 132kbyte right now =( while it could be up to 25MBit...

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 11:55:31 am »

I finally downloaded it and I must say it is buggy as hell. I also can't finish the second weapon training - it always says I failed the grenade part, although I have 6/6 hits…

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:10:19 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

since 13th June 2000
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:41:46 am »

Yeah hehe its a touch buggy still, but less than it was honest, the 3.0.0 release was horrific!!

Don't worry about the training - thats still buggy as hell plus i guess the authorisation servers are still getting hammered, as a way round it they unlocked the training for everybody so you can play online...

When you do find a good server though, and some decent and non retarded teammates... its actually quite fun! Wink

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 01:33:37 pm »

Yesterday I played my first online rounds and it was quite fun. You were right it's pretty tactical, which is a good thing. I also like the missions were objectives were hidden in some hotels,…

The last days it always crashed at startup, but since I launch it directly and not with the deploy thing it works fine. However I have often troubles to join a team. I hit the autoselect or join button but nothing happens.

So maybe we meet each other online if i play more,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 06:45:03 pm »

I still need to download it, but when I do I'll make a post so we can all can get together and play.   Grin

RVS FOR LIFE!!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:08 am »

I found the game to be pretty damn good, for the few matches I got through. Could use a bit more map variety sooner or later. I really like the scoring system in this new version; rewards more than just killing enemies and winning rounds.

I find it a bit hard to get that into the games since I never was much into playing with a huge group of people without knowing one or two, so if anyone does feel like logging some hours in AA3 let me know. It would be fun to play with some people from this community again.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
:V: Stripes

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:49:53 pm »

naaa... 3.0 is weak. Buggy and shit. We should all play some COD4, make some kind of date and join a server with all the old GR players... I bet u all own a copy of COD4..

Wouldn't mind dumping into BFG IN COD4. Would love to give him something to worry about when i kill him :-P. This game is amazing, and hopefully MW2 will be much better.

cya all around, look me up on Xfire... pcstripes...
 Sniper Sniper Nade

this 1 is for beast...  wallbashing wallbashing wallbashing Nade

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
--------------------------------
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 05:14:26 am »

AA 3.0 is a bad joke of the US Army. It's not a game anymore, it's a joyless attempt of trying to make a game too realistic with the addition of extremely poor programming and planning.

Can't wait for MW2, November 10th. Trailers look great and it's developed by Infinity Ward which pretty much guarantees a good shooter. Not really any other good tactical FPS on the horizon. Still hoping for a remake of the original Ghost Recon, heh.

In the meantime... CoD4.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 03:35:49 pm »

I did not know that AA3 was released already. Downloading it as I type this.

My problem with COD4 is that it isn't even remotely a tactical game. It's just Unreal Tournament or Quake, except with weapons based on real-life weapons. I get my tactical jollies by playing Left 4 Dead. Yeah, it's got zombies in it, but it has a greater emphasis on teamwork than any FPS I've ever played. If you don't work with your team, as a team, you lose, simple as that.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 03:48:43 pm »

CoD4 is quite tactical if you play on the right servers with the right gamemode (like S&D). Obviously TDM and such are just run n gun. There's some great mods like Tactical Realism which have rules like no explosives in the first X seconds, no bunnyhopping, no wallspamming, no around corner spam, no blind fire or even having to have the weapon up when shooting (no hipfire spam).
All of that on a good server makes for some good tactical gameplay.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
eur.reddust

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 10:10:57 pm »

Civ, You could name those servers? How to identify them in the browser? I'm interested!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 04:09:40 pm »

I used to play a fair bit of the Tactial Realism mod with Tigah- i'll see if i can dig up the ip for the server, it certainly made it a lot more tatical, but the graphics were less than lovely.

dr.blake.
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 10:25:46 pm »

Wouldn't mind dumping into BFG

Gross.

"...a winner... They win, no matter what. Their resources are greater than their opponents in any context."

-autriche
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 06:30:27 pm »

Right now I often play the Zombie and Freeze Mod. The Zombie Mod is really cool if you play tactical with some friends. If you don't know it: all players except one start as hunters the other as the first zombie. As soon as the zombie hits a hunter with his knife he also becomes a zombie. Zombies can of course only be killed with headshots. Its really fun and you can't stop laughing if you are the last few survivors and an incredible mass of zombies is running towards you.

The freeze mod is also very cool. As soon as you get hit you are frozen. Your teammembers can bring you back to live by looking at you within a given range. Very nice mod and pretty tactical with also protecting the frozen enemies, etc...

since 13th June 2000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads