*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 04:14:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare coming to MAC?!!!!!!  (Read 10417 times)
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« on: January 23, 2008, 06:15:14 pm »

CALL OF DUTY® 4: MODERN WARFARE™ COMING TO MAC
AUSTIN, TX – January 15, 2008 – Aspyr Media, Inc. announced today they will publish Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™ for Mac, a gripping modern-day action-thriller that deploys players into heart-stopping battles across the world’s most treacherous hotspots. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare delivers unprecedented high-definition graphics, piercing 5.1 surround sound and a dynamic community-oriented multiplayer experience. Developed by Infinity Ward and licensed by Activision, the game is expected to be available for Mac in May 2008.

Featuring a tense storyline, filled with plot twists, the title thrusts players into battle like never before. With amazing special effects, including rim-lighting, depth of field, texture streaming and character self-shadowing, players are enlisted into one of the most photo-realistic gaming experiences imaginable.

The community-oriented Call of Duty 4 multiplayer gameplay features a robust leveling system, variety of unlockable perks, hot-join and matchmaking, as well as create a class and party capabilities to ensure that players of all skill levels can join in the fun. Additionally over 100 challenges and a host of new game environments and modes deliver unlimited possibilities. Infinity Ward has also included Kill-Cam, a fan favorite feature that they created in Call of Duty 2 which allows for spectator instant replays.

Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™ will soon be available for preorder through Aspyr’s website for only $49.99. For more information, fans can also visit the official Website, http://www.callofduty.com/.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is rated “M” (Mature) by the ESRB for Intense Violence, Strong Language and Blood and Gore.

January 15, 2008

BTW...this game f'n pwns - I wonder if it will be Intel Macs only....if so, probably better off buying the PC version and Bootcamping it.  Can take advantage of more features that way...like xfire. If its PPC as well, I hope to see some old faces out there.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:17:49 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:56:41 pm »

I'm very excited about the performance too and how it compares with the PC version. May multithreaded OpenGL will give it an extra boost.

However I'm glad to see that still some AAA games are coming to the Mac. GameRanger support would be fine too ;-)

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:26 pm »

Typical, i buy a game for the pc and then it comes out on mac... why couldn't get bring us GRAW2 instead? Wink

But its pretty sweet, The graphics of CoD4 are mind blowing - i have a few issues with the game play (i still find it far to 'run and gun' but the hardcore mode does help in that people are a lot more carfull. I've yet to find anything that replaces my love affair with the original GhR but CoD looks the **** and is great fun to play!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 03:48:50 pm »

Maybe a game like this is exactly what the DBL needs???  Roll Eyes  Imagine playing against some of your past foes. - .:cO:. MoD...Po)...{E}.....[a]...AgT..... the colons....*.. ! .. Tribe.. [zt]...Ghost....V...I know I missed some...would be cool as hell.  BTW...which one of those was theweakspot not a member of? Clan hopping hobag!!!

GRAW 2 to the Mac? Hmmm.  No patch since last August, and it is sorely needed.  If you were wondering why no one is mentioning GRAW2 anymore, it is because Ubisoft are a bunch of asshats.   stupid Showing my ass  The online servers have 100 max on at any given time.  There are more COD4 servers running than people playing GRAW2.
Released in June for the PC I think...4 patches in 7 months.....COD4 4 patches in 2 months.  Ubi could learn a thing or 2 from IW.
They have taken their premier titles and mismanaged them into a PC failure. Such potential. With the abysmal R6:Vegas support that caused insane flame wars on the official forum...Ubi has decided it wants more of your cash...and plan on releasing R6:Vegas2.  I really hope they have learned form their mistakes...just a hunch..ahhh Not.

Run your Cod4 on XP BFG....I bet it will be smoother than Mac....unless IW figures out what EA couldn't.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 06:00:10 pm »

lets hope for PPC that would be fun,  maybe the DBL have a CoD4 tourny........ Wink

oh cell you need to come back to the ETS servers where you lost your ass!  its getting in the way lol

Dr.Mesa (mac)
[ets] Mesa (pc)

RVS FOR LIFE!!
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 07:15:13 pm »

Are you sure your talking about me there Mesa?  I think you got the wrong guy because you always happen to leave soon after I enter the server...I guess your finger hurts from having to press {F} to respawn too many times.  Just don't leave so soon after I knife you in the back...I need some time to tease you. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

JK  We need more love

core.Flies

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 05:29:47 am »

CoD4 = Great Game  Smiley

I installed it some 3 weeks ago ( as an XP-game) and i really like it much more than i liked Crysis.
And Crysis was a great game too. I play it almost 24/7 here.

However - if the CoD4 for mac will have the same ups and downs as for example Command & Conquer 3 - Tiberian Wars, I really wouldnt recommend buying it.

I bought that game for my nephew, and seing how it runs on Mac, compared to how my C&C demo runs on XP, makes me shiver. Its still some 1000 gaming years behind the PC-version. Not just in terms of Frames-pr-second, but also in the way it works in multiplayer, and the lost ability to join all the servers in the C&C community.

I got 4 gb RAM on my mac, but my XP 32-bit version wont allow me to see/use more than 2 GB when I am in PC-mode. Yet still, the PC-version works a lot better in terms of graphics and speed, than the mac-version could ever dream of. On top of that I am not sure the CoD4-mac players would be able to join the PC-servers.

Best regards
Flies

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 03:39:34 pm »

Run your Cod4 on XP BFG....I bet it will be smoother than Mac....unless IW figures out what EA couldn't

I am, and i must say its so smooth - admittedly the mac is pretty pimped (just installed another 8Gigs of RAM Cheesy) but even with max settings it runs smoother than, well something damn smooth.

Its just the hardcore game-play still doesn't quite float my boat - i want more in the way of camouflage, and i want a slightly slower game because even with hardcore everyone seems to run and gun it!

cO.Vickedson

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 09:36:32 pm »

I play it on xbox and still have my old shitty dual 533 g4 i bought back in 2001 so I'm not sure if I'll buy this.

However if enough of ya'll get back into it I will be there one way or another!

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 11:32:29 am »

Ordered a new Mac Pro 8-core 2.8Ghz with 8800 GT and 4GB RAM, scheduled shipping date is Feb 15th, w00t! CoD4 is on top of my list of games that I need to buy, not sure if I should just get the PC version for Bootcamp or wait for the Mac version. :-/

Second thing on my list is the new Nostromo gamepad, lol. Wink

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 12:00:35 pm »

The 8 cores don't make any difference for gaming, but beside that a very nice dream machine Civic! Congrats!

I would wait for the Mac version and see how well it performs. Of course it is cheaper to buy the PC version, but may the Mac version comes with a bonus. At all it would be great if Aspyr could release a hybrid version with the Mac and PC app in a box, like Blizzard games, but I guess they don't have the license to do so.

since 13th June 2000
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 10:31:40 pm »

Unless your doing serious mathmatical processing or video encoding etc those 4 cores are going to get bored, but like mauti said, hell of a machine!! Cheesy

But id say just go buy the PC version - dirt cheap, and it runs phenomenally well!

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 10:34:25 pm »

... PS, where is the right handed version of the Nostromo for us poor left handed users who are ALLWAYS ignored Sad

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 11:43:56 pm »

@ Nostromo: omg what the hell is this? Has this thing built in auto aim, wall hacks and invisible camouflage?

Seriously, does this thing make a difference, beside having all important keys closer to each other? And last but not least do you know if such "help" utility is allowed in LAN tournaments, or is it considered as a cheat!?

since 13th June 2000
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 08:13:30 pm »

Ordered a new Mac Pro 8-core 2.8Ghz with 8800 GT and 4GB RAM, scheduled shipping date is Feb 15th, w00t! CoD4 is on top of my list of games that I need to buy, not sure if I should just get the PC version for Bootcamp or wait for the Mac version. :-/

Second thing on my list is the new Nostromo gamepad, lol. Wink

Nice machine but a waste of $ (for gaming).  Build a PC for $1500 and it would smoke the listed above playing COD4

RVS FOR LIFE!!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 08:25:11 pm »

Well I guess nobody buys a Mac Pro only for gaming, otherwise you would buy a console or as said a PC with probably a SLI or Crossfire configuration.

since 13th June 2000
z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 11:17:55 pm »

hey people  Smiley

been playing CoD4 for a little while now and i'm hooked. i still prefer the pace of ghost recon though. ARGH!!! couldnt UBI/grin just have pimped up the good old one with better graphics, new maps etc etc. crap! ok, sorry it was off topic.

but yes i would love to get together and play some CoD4 mac games when it comes out for mac.

woot

Live every day, as if it's your last
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 12:46:47 am »

Of course I'm not going to use it just for gaming... I usually run a million things at the same time so the CPU power will be used. CS3 and such also like their fair share of processing juice.
I'd never buy a PC either way, even if it was just for gaming... just no, to hell with those pieces of junk, filled with junk and other junk. I need my Mac OS and the Apple hardware.

As for the Nostromo, I used to play GhR with the predecessor of the n52te, the n52, and it was amazing. Once I got used to it, I didn't want to go without anymore. I'm pretty sure they're allowed at LANs etc since it's basically like one of those custom keyboard and mice. Personal preference. And no, it doesn't include any automated fuctions, keyclicks and such, of course not.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 01:29:35 am »

…and the latter of course was a joke ;-)

since 13th June 2000
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 10:22:09 am »

Ramps, you big sexy man whore :0) You said it spot on - i've they'd just pimped the graphics to look like CoD4 GhR would still be the dogs bollocks!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads