*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:40:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DBL Tournament - Success or Failure? You decide  (Read 3086 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2004, 11:47:41 am »

This is an English forum. The BL is ran in English. All admin meetings were conducted in English, even ones between myself, Civic and Flies when all 3 of us speak German.

I too would consider the tournament a sucess. Like I've said many times in the past, I would support more tournaments just like it. However, I think the tournament proved that using a tournament to determine the winner of the BL seasons will not work.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2004, 10:41:37 pm »

You have managed to create a thread here, where its difficult for me - through all your smokegrenades - to see, if you are;

* trying to decrease any success *DBL may have encountered, without yourself being involved.
* trying to throw flames at specific clans in the tourney.
* trying to throw flames at specific persons in the tourney.
* trying to put yourself back in the spotlight

or perhaps just a frustrated mix of all 3 above.

Okay, I really don't even read long posts like these....but this part just JUMPED right out at me.....

FLIES CAN'T COUNT...FLIES CAN'T COUNT...FLIES CAN'T COUNT...LOL
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 10:42:16 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Ein

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2004, 04:46:53 am »

On the whole, I think that the Season 9 tournament went well. Although people gripe that their clan had far more sheep than other clans durring season or that they were forced to play a member down or whatever, I think that the weekend tournament fun was a great idea and because there was some advance notice, clans did have an opportunity to get members online in time if they wanted. (however, my clan did not and we didnt complain about playing a member short, we just played)

As for the complaining about having lots of sheep... The quantity of sheep orignally was just to get you into the finals. The clans with the most sheep at end of season would advance into finals and a standard tournament would occur for the finals similar to what happened with the Season 9 tournament, just with fewer clans. So in other words, it didnt matter how many sheep your clan had before the DAMN BL Crash. If your in the finals tournament, sheep just dont matter.

Umm... I think that explains what I think about what others think and about how this season went. If not, maybe this will clarify. "The Season 9 tournament went great. Good job admins on pulling off the tournament and bringing a close to the turbulent Season 9."
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2004, 05:50:24 am »

Wether you know in advance is completely beside the point in many cases. For those of us who work, and need the money , wether we know in advance or not, we still can't take the day off to play a computer game.

awww Typhy is all grown up Wink
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 05:51:06 am by +-KoS-+?Ultimo » Logged

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2004, 05:59:58 am »

Wether you know in advance is completely beside the point in many cases. For those of us who work, and need the money , wether we know in advance or not, we still can't take the day off to play a computer game.

awww Typhy is all grown up Wink

Wub

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads